Chapter 22: Love and Flesh****
1.6k 7 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Yeah, fair warning, this chapter is spicy in all the right ways. Don't read it in public. Seriously. Don't. It's my first time really writing such a passionate scene. Hope you like it if you end up reading it. Also I'm not very good at romance. Hmhm.

Chapter 22
Eleanor Deveena

It has been a few hours since they left the Red Zone. More specifically, since they left the Harpocrates Caverns. Eleanor breathed a sigh of relief when the sea creature hadn’t chased them. She was even more relieved when she noticed Ayperos hadn’t chased after them; more like the Prince couldn’t chase after them.

Had the sea monster attacked them earlier to try to stop her group from reaching the Caverns? Maybe that was thinking too optimistically, but there hadn’t been any Sirens in the water since their departure. 

If her theory was correct...she felt a pang in her heart. Her lips scrunched up. Although her first impression of the elves was horrible, she never wished for any of them to die. 

She felt something land on her shoulder. Looking back, she saw Elsie looking at her worriedly. “El, you’re all out of sorts. C’mon, let’s get you settled.”

Eleanor just nodded and let Elsie guide her. She noticed they were going to where the exotic-haired girl was.

Bits and pieces of Veronica and her father entered Eleanor’s ears. “Have you been feeling alright?”

“I’ve just felt a bit tingly,that’s all. I’m fine.”

“That’s not fine. We don’t know if your transformation had long-lasting consequences.”

“I’ll be fine by the morning. I promise I’ll tell you if I feel worse.”

Their conversation seemed to stagnate as Elsie awkwardly shuffled close to them, dragging a despondent Eleanor with her.

The raven-haired friend sat her down next to Veronica. Eleanor noticed Elsie had a complicated expression, but she waved it off and told Veronica, “Take care of her.”

At the moment, Veronica’s father had been looking over her. After her wings dissipated into millions of light particles, he decided to give her a medical look-over with his light magic. 

He seemed dissatisfied with Veronica but sighed and shook his head in disbelief. Leylon looked over the two girls before leaving in a slight huff toward Elsie, probably to give her a medical look-over as well. Eleanor knew he intended to give her a health check up as well. Why he hadn’t done so yet she figured was because of Veronica.

She noticed Veronica watching him leave with Sixty-Six following right behind him with a limp. Eleanor wanted to ask how she felt, if she felt sick. Worry was eating at her. Veronica’s smile was forced as she said somewhat bitterly, “Are you going to ask me if I feel sick too?”

“I want to, but I think you’re already sick of that question.” Eleanor decided to give Veronica the benefit of the doubt. The silver-eyed girl looked like she needed it, especially with how green she looked just by inhaling the ocean air. Her seasickness was pretty bad. 

She ignored the voice of worry in the back of her head and told herself there was nothing more to worry about. They had escaped the big bad monster. Although her group suffered casualties, in the end, they defeated Ayperos. Certainly it wasn’t greedy to ask for a little more luck.

Veronica’s eyes squinted a bit as they watched Eleanor who awkwardly twirled a strand of her dark-red curly hair in her finger. Her silver-black hair swayed with the ocean air. “Can we talk, in private?” 

Eleanor didn’t process what happened next all that well. She knew she nodded, then followed Veronica to her bunker/room. The way Veronica’s sultry voice pleaded with her tug at her heartstrings. 

Veronica’s bunk room was tidy, even with the crash of the ship. The way the Vadstena was put back together was suspicious, but at that moment, it didn’t really matter to Eleanor.

She felt Veronica’s fingers tickle her hand as they sat uncomfortably close to each other. It was hot. The ocean air had been blocked by four walls and now she couldn’t breathe. She wanted to tug at her collar, but she was only in a makeshift bra and what remained of her pants. 

Nervous sweat fell from her neck down to her collarbone and into her deep valley. Were her nerves frayed from what happened?

No, she thought, I’m just hopelessly attracted to her…

“Can I say something first?” Veronica nodded as Eleanor continued to talk, “I thought you hated me,” Eleanor said, the words spilling out, “But when we were at the caverns...you showed a totally different side of you. You were always angry or scowling at me back at the Academy, but when we started this trip...you were patient with me. Caring. Can I ask why?”

Veronica exhaled. She didn’t look very surprised. Exasperated was the better term. “Do you know what mates are?” Her silvery eyes looked intently at Eleanor, who was strangely a nervous wreck.

“You mean...soulmates?” Eleanor tilted her head. She had heard about this phenomenon before. About two souls being so compatible with each other in all aspects mana, spiritual, and emotional. There had been theories about it. One theory was that a soul, before birth, before even conception, would be split in two as it ventured into the material world. Another, somewhat more romantic view, was that the Goddess Athena created pairs of souls so that no one would ever feel alone.

There have been countless other theories about it as well.

Veronica gazed into Eleanor’s blue orbs. “Yes.” She breathed, a weight fell off her shoulders as she whispered, “You...are my soulmate.”

Eleanor blinked. The word ‘soulmate’ didn’t quite kick in yet. “I mean...suddenly putting it out there is way too shocking. I don’t think I’ve even processed it yet.” She stayed quiet but noticed Veronica’s anxious expression, so she forced herself to say, “Why didn’t you tell me back at the Academy?”

“Because my father didn’t allow it,” Veronica answered. “My father...is actually my uncle. From my human mother’s side.”

“Human...mother? I guess that explains the wings.”

“Yes, he adopted me after something...bad happened to my two mothers.” Eleanor wanted to ask what that ‘bad’ was, but she wouldn’t let her own curiosity get in the way of her tact. “After my two mothers were gone, my uncle, well, my father, now, adopted me. He grew overprotective of me, believing that as long as I was ‘normal’ I would live a happy life, or at least, content. Safe from tragedy.”

Although Veronica stopped, Eleanor continued to listen. She knew Veronica was hesitating in saying what came up next. “I had become very sick at one point...the memories back then are fuzzy, but apparently I was so ill I was dying. My body was too weak. My father figured out that my human body couldn’t support my Valkyrie divinity. So he locked it away, sealing most of my strength.”

Eleanor grasped her hand. A relaxed feeling washed over them both. 

“But I still kept some of my Valkyrie senses. Mainly, to see who my soulmate was. When I saw you,” Veronica squeezed Eleanor’s thigh with her free hand, “I just knew. I told my father. I think...I think his fear took over. He told me not to tell you. He barred me from making unnecessary contact with you.”

“So...all those times you were glaring at me, you were actually just fawning over me?” Eleanor smiled, trying to raise Veronica’s spirits up.

Veronica’s cheeks reddened but she didn’t look away, “That, and I was jealous at Miss Ellienheart. She was awfully chummy with you.” She drew closer, her silver-black hair trickled down Eleanor’s exposed shoulder. Her breath tickled the crimson-haired girl’s neck. 

Ack! She knows Elsie and I dated for a bit!

Eleanor’s lungs hitched. “I was very angry. The good news is I don’t have to wait anymore. I’m allowed to do what I want now. In fact, I shouldn’t have waited for permission.” Her fingers rubbed circles on Eleanor’s smooth thighs. Veronica’s thumb skidded across her inner thigh. The soft lightness of her thumb electrified Eleanor’s senses. 

“I..uh...sorry?” 

“Eleanor, can you listen to my request?”

“Mhm.” She couldn’t say much more than that. 

Veronica’s lips were inches away from her ear. “Will you please be my girlfriend?”

Eleanor looked over at her. Veronica’s eyes were a mix of something sultry and pleading. She felt pulled at those silvery orbs full of mirth and emotion. Veronica appeared so caged in the Academy, but here, she looked so free. 

Possessed by lust and emotion, Eleanor pushed down and closed her eyes. Her lips met with Veronica’s; a light, cautious peck. She opened her eyes and saw desire in silver. 

That was her answer. 

Her back suddenly hit the soft bed. A Veronica conquered by want loomed over her. Lust clamped Eleanor’s throat as heat spread across her naked tummy. Veronica drew closer, mouth right below her jaw. Eleanor bit down a moan as light kisses danced across her neck. “May I?” She just barely registered her question as her body was overloaded with touch. Eleanor nodded.

What happened next was a blur to Eleanor. Her eyes became hazy as Veronica loosened the makeshift bra across her breasts. With desperation in her actions, Veronica threw the cloth aside; a light gasp as she saw two light brown nipples. She kneaded the flesh of Eleanor’s valley, frustration built up as her hands were not large enough. 

She breathed in Eleanor’s scent as she ventured down to her stomach, marking the squirming Eleanor along the way. Black pants riddled with holes blocked her path. With a finesse even she didn’t think she had, Veronica bit down on them, while caressing Eleanor’s hips at the same time. “Mmph~”

With her mouth, she skillfully pulled Eleanor’s pants off. The shorter girl raised her legs up, helping Veronica. 

More clothes fell off the bed. Veronica desperately tore off her own black tank top and started unbuckling her pants when Eleanor sat up and touched her sides, caressing the angles of Veronica’s muscles. 

Her fingers dug into Veronica’s waistband, tearing her underwear off of her skin. Whatever hesitation Eleanor had up until now was blown away. Veronica, in just her black underwear, sat on top of her. Her eyes traced over cut-clean muscle and stopped at the tiny navel that sat right below the center of Veronica’s toned stomach.

Eleanor caressed Veronica’s defined V cut, slowly going down and slipping inside her panties. She cupped Veronica’s rear, slowly dragging off the last piece of underwear she had. Silvery strands of hair met her gaze.

They pulled each other closer; their naked breasts pressed against each other. Veronica’s hands caressed and tickled the small of her lover’s back as she nuzzled against her cheek. “I love you.”

A whispered confession of love tickled Eleanor’s ear. Her heart nearly tumbled out of her chest. Veronica pushed her down fervently with a kiss far hungrier and needier than Eleanor’s cautious peck from before. Her teeth pulled Eleanor’s bottom lip. Then poked her girlfriend’s tongue with her own, as if asking permission. 

Eleanor opened her mouth, inviting Veronica in. They explored each other. For a moment the lovers separated. Eleanor softly whined as she watched Veronica’s movements with curiosity. Hands caressed flesh as Veronica slid red panties off of Eleanor’s voluptuous legs. A naked canvas met Veronica’s gaze. She smiled as Eleanor covered her face in sheer embarrassment. 

The slow and sensual rhythm of their exploration became more racy. Eleanor’s needy eyes were spicy and titillating. The slow fall and rise of her hefty breasts quickened, provoking a lusty Veronica. She nestled against the pair of flesh as her hand snaked down her sweetheart’s stomach down to her core.

Eleanor gasped as a finger skimmed across her pinkish folds. Silver eyes watched her passionate and fevered visage with yearning and zeal. 

Then the world stilled for the crimson-haired girl as she felt something enter her. Sensations overwhelmed her as it dug deeper into her, searching for her core. She willed herself to breathe as it pushed further. 

“Nghhh!” Eleanor bit her voice back, but Veronica’s smug smirk noticed. She dug further and met Eleanor’s lips with her own, muffling her moans. 

Nails scratched into Veronica’s back from panicked, overwhelmed pleasure.  

23