[V1] Chapter 1: First Time In School Part 1
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been five whole years since the chaotic ceremony. Surprisingly, they rushed in a new queen just a week after the chaos. Valerie—or something close—stirred up a mix of reactions, mostly negative.

Simultaneously, a whole five years slipped away since I last saw my father, marked 'missing', and even after years of searching, there was no trace.

Inside Mother's manor, Fides became a familiar presence, fitting into our lives.

Despite that, official Anastasia recognition still eluded her.

My connection with Fides was complicated; she was a friend, sort of.

As the morning light streamed into my room, I realised today was my first day of school.

A mix of anticipation and curiosity swirled, heightened by the mystery of the upcoming school.

Yet, as I woke, my room felt different and less solitary. Fides' lingering presence hung in the air, an intangible shift, leaving me uneasy.

The revelation that Fides would join me at the same school added intrigue to the mix.

My door opened. It was Mother entering the room.

She cheered excitedly.

"Today is your very first day of school. And yours too, Fides."

However, Fides was still asleep. So Mother did the very kind thing of lifting her in the air and taking her to possibly the mansion-sized bathroom.

The day began like any other—routine and uneventful.

I got ready, had breakfast, and had some free time to myself. It had been two years since my training had stopped, and I had settled into a comfortable daily rhythm.

As the clock ticked away, Fides floated into the main hall alongside Mother.

The grandeur of the hall further accentuated their presence, with the high ceilings and polished marble floors serving as a fitting backdrop to her ethereal entrance.

"Look, Lyssa is all set and ready to go!" Exclaimed Mother.

Fides joined in, copying Mother's words and playfully twirling in the air using her levitation abilities. Even though she had grown five years older, she still had the same youthful spirit that made her so endearing.

Fides, still in her state of weightlessness, spoke with a cheerful "Miss Livia. When are we going?"

Her energy was contagious, and it created a delightful balance between her and my reserved demeanour.

Soon, Liora arrived, and Mother greeted her with a warm smile.

"I'll take care of the other children while you take them to their new academy."

Mother felt a wave of gratitude wash over her as she replied.

"Thank you, Liora."

Mother smiled at her brightly. She knew that she would do everything in her power to ensure that her children were safe and happy while they were in her care.

I then turned to her and asked a question that had been on my mind for a while.

"Mother, why is Fides coming to school with me?"

With a nonchalant expression, my mother replied.

"Oh, it's simple. I compelled the school to add an extra slot for her so that you two can go to school together."

Her words made it seem as if it were a minor feat, but for me, it was a big deal. I couldn't imagine how my mother could just make such a request and have it granted so easily.

As if reading my thoughts, she added, "Not to mention, it's a prestigious school, so Fides will have a great time there."

The significance of her previous words became even more apparent to me.

"Well, anyway, let's not waste any more time. We don't want to be late now, do we?"

Mother chuckled as she hurried us towards the carriage parked in the front garden of her manor.

"Say goodbye to everyone."

Even though the only person there was Liora, we still waved goodbye, as it was polite to do so.

As soon as my mother got onto the carriage, she leaned over and whispered the destination to the driver. I watched as his head bobbed in agreement, and we began our journey.

The carriage ride was bumpy, with every rock and rut in the road jostling us around, making it hard to sit still.

The sound of the horse's hooves clopping against the pavement was soothing, but it couldn't distract from how long the ride was taking.

It felt like we were on the carriage for hours instead of the usual short ride.

"Mother, how far is this school?"

I turned to her, curious and anxious about the answer. She looked back at me with a reassuring smile before replying.

"Don't worry, dear. It's not too far from here. We'll be there in no time."

"Is it a big school?" I asked, hoping for more information.

"It's a good size. But don't worry, you'll find your way around in no time."

"Do you think I'll make friends?"

"Of course you will!"

I felt the cool breeze on my face; my mother held my hand tight, giving me a reassuring squeeze.

"You're a friendly and kind person. Just be yourself, and you'll make friends in no time. Besides, you have Fides if that doesn't work out."

She was brutally honest. But in a good way.

"Mother, what if I get lost?"

Mother looked down at me, her expression turning serious.

"The teachers will help you find your way. And if you ever get lost, just ask someone for directions. It's always better to ask for help than to wander around lost."

I nodded in response. With my mother's words still ringing in my ears, I took a deep breath.

Suddenly, Fides' voice broke through my thoughts, filled with excitement.

"The school! I think."

I turned in her direction and looked outside the window. Mother did the same.

As I gazed into the distance, a glorious building appeared before me.

It was a school like no other, with towers that reached into the clouds.

The grounds were lush and green, and a sense of magic seemed to stem from every corner.

I couldn't help but marvel at the sight of this wondrous place, imagining the incredible things that must go on within its walls.

The carriage halted before the colossal school gates, and a sense of awe washed over me as I stepped out onto the meticulously crafted cobblestone pathway.

Fides floated beside me as I stepped out into the academy; her eyes were wide with wonder.

"Welcome to Eldoria Acadamy! The most prestigious and top-notch girl's school there is."

Mother exclaimed happily.

The grandeur of Eldoria Academy surprised me, but as I took a glimpse at Fides, I could tell she

was completely overwhelmed.

"It's a girl's school?"

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. She nodded, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Yes, darling. It's a prestigious all-girls school."

She replied, her voice filled with pride.

The idea of attending an all-girls school was both thrilling and intimidating.

As we stepped through the colossal gates, a buzz of excitement enveloped Fides.

Whispers of enchantment and dreams echoed in the air.

The students, clad in uniform, turned their attention towards us.

Mother's presence was acknowledged with nods and smiles, but Fides—she was an anomaly in this world of uniformity.

"This school is big! I can't wait to make many new friends."

Fides twirled around, simulating the gargantuan scale of the school.

Meanwhile, I stood quietly, observing the bustle of activity.

Students scurried about, eager to start their day.

I could feel their curiosity and anticipation as they cast glances in my direction.

Mother gently nudged me forward, breaking my trance-like state.

"Come on, Lyssa. Let's go inside."

The thought of being the centre of attention made me uncomfortable, but I followed her lead.

As we entered the school, the hustle and bustle intensified.

Girls chattered animatedly, sharing their thoughts and opinions. Fides and I were escorted by Mother.

The commotion intensified as we approached the registration desk. I hesitated for a moment, then glanced at Fides, who grinned encouragingly.

"What's your name?"

A lady behind the desk asked for our name, her pen poised over parchment.

"Lyssa Anastasia."

"And you?"

The lady turned her attention to Fides, who, in her usual playful manner, responded.

"Fides, the floating wonder!"

"She's obsessed with floating." I added.

The lady behind the desk chuckled, noting down our names with a quill.

"Your mother is quite popular around here. You know that, right?"

The lady gazed at me with a hint of admiration in her eyes. "Livia Anastasia has quite the reputation. It's an honour to have her daughters here."

As soon as the word "daughter" slipped out of the lady's mouth, Mother felt the need to clarify.

"Fides isn't my daughter."

"Not yet, at least. Though one day she may be." She continued.

Despite the slight confusion, the lady maintained her composure and continued with a warm smile.

"Oh, my apologies. Nevertheless, it's a pleasure to welcome both of you to Eldoria Academy."

1