Chapter 12: The Mu Clan Auction
2 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noting Gregor's dejected demeanor, William reached out to comfort him. "Don't lose hope! I'm sure we can think of something. You still have time - you said there are two weeks until the hearing. Look...for now...let's just enjoy the auction. Don't give up!" he encouraged.

 

Gregor remained silent, staring blankly into the distance. The two servants knocked on the door and gently pushed it open, not entering. "Guests, the auction is about to commence. Our apologies, but we have orders to remain inside while the auction is in progress."

 

"Yes, come in," responded William.

 

The two servants entered and positioned themselves on either side of the chairs - a human girl beside Gregor and an elven male beside Nin Li. Both stood at rigid attention, the epitome of practiced poise.

 

Moments later, the auctioneer strode onto the stage, immediately commanding William's rapt attention. A gorgeous woman in her twenties, her vermilion gown scintillated against her pale, delicate features, its elegant lines accentuating her curvaceous figure in an endless temptation.

 

"Distinguished and honorable guests. For this event, our prestigious Mu Clan Auction House has curated an exceptional bundle of the most coveted treasures. Many were unearthed from ancient ruins. Others were procured from secluded hermits, and yet more from intrepid poachers. We hope that each offering will delight and captivate you!" Her voice, though melodious, carried an icy, rarefied edge that only heightened her enigmatic allure, enticing the visitors like a siren's irresistible call.

 

"The first auction item hails from the fabled Trinidad ruins! It is a spirit orb discovered within an inscribed containment box. The spirit itself is a fearsome fire lizard cultivated to the one-star gold realm. The starting bid is set at ten thousand high-tier soul stones!" The auctioneer raised her bare arms, gesturing toward the item, and immediately, the frenzied bidding commenced.

 

"Ten thousand high-tier soul stones!"

 

"Eleven thousand high-tier soul stones!"

 

"Twelve thousand high-tier soul stones!"

 

"Thirteen thousand high-tier soul stones!"

 

...

 

"Thirty thousand high-tier soul stones!"

 

Once the bid reached the staggering sum of thirty thousand high-tier soul stones, the fervent bidding abruptly halted.

 

"Thirty thousand high-tier soul stones going once!"

 

"Thirty thousand high-tier soul stones going twice!"

 

"Thirty thousand high-tier soul stones going thrice!"

 

"Sold! Congratulations to the distinguished gentleman in the blue blazer for successfully acquiring this spirit orb!"

 

William's eyes widened in disbelief. "Thirty thousand high-tier soul stones?!" he exclaimed, stunned.

 

"Normally, the first few items tend to be more modestly priced for those in the general seating, just to make them feel welcomed. If they started with items demanding high concentration soul stones from the outset, only those from the VIP sections would realistically be able to bid. However, if an item piques your interest, feel free to bid on it, even with mere high-tier soul stones," Gregor finally spoke, though his voice remained somber.

 

I only brought gold coins. I don't have a single low or high-tier soul stone, let alone high concentration soul stones. I left all of General Ja'aduk's soul stones back in that field. I'm not going to be able to purchase anything, William inwardly lamented.

 

"The next auction item is the magnificent deep-blue Atlantean bracelet!" the auctioneer announced, carefully lifting the bracelet from its velvet cushion and elevating it for all to admire.

 

"The bracelet's exquisite body is crafted from the most shimmering and translucent material ever discovered - completely flawless. This bracelet functions as a water element spell amplifier, intensifying the potency of water spells cast by two full realms! An indispensable asset for those who wield water attribute spells! Procured by an intrepid treasure hunter from the legendary Atlantean ruins, as you are all aware, the most perilous yet wealthiest source of otherworldly treasures. The craftsmanship of artifacts from these ruins is of the finest and most exquisite quality. This bracelet's starting bid is therefore set at a fitting fifty thousand high-tier soul stones!" The auctioneer's resonant voice filled the hall.

 

A few voices began whispering in the back rows of the bottom seats.

 

"Finally! The good stuff!"

"But the price. They asked for fifty thousand high-tier soul stones!"

"That bracelet...selling it for fifty thousand high-tier soul stones...isn't that a bit exaggerated?!"

 

However, some guests in the front rows started bidding.

 

"Fifty thousand high-tier soul stones!"

"Fifty-one thousand high tier soul stones"

...

"Sixty thousand high-tier soul stones!"

 

A bidder in the VIP section suddenly yelled out, "ten thousand high concentration soul stones!"

 

The entire hall immediately fell silent. A few seconds then passed, but no higher offers were made.

 

"Lord Florence bids ten thousand high concentration soul stones. Is there anyone offering higher?" The radiant auctioneer swept her hazel eyes around, looking for a bid.

 

"Twelve thousand high concentration soul stones!" Another VIP member yelled from across the room.

 

William was taken by surprise. "Huh? They started bidding in high concentration soul stones already?"

 

"Lord Has, bids twelve thousand high concentration soul stones. Is there anyone willing to raise?" The auctioneer's voice beamed with excitement.

 

"Nin Li, what is the conversion rate for twelve thousand high concentration soul stones to gold?" William whispered, perplexed.

 

"You can't buy high concentration soul stones with gold. However, one low-tier soul stone costs 100 gold coins give or take," she informed.

 

"Hold on! From what I know...one mid-tier soul stone is equivalent to 100 low-tier soul stones. One high tier soul stone is equivalent to 100 mid-tier soul stones, and 1 high concentration soul stone is equivalent to 10 high tier soul stones. So, 1 high concentration soul stone is approximately worth 1,000,000 gold coins." mumbled William, making the calculations. "What?! These guys are insane! Betting so much for a bracelet?!" whispered William, shocked.

 

"I agree…although this item seems to be quite powerful, I wouldn't spend so much on it. However, I'm even more surprised that Lord Has is challenging Lord Florence for this bracelet…He must really want it," commented Gregor with a surprised look.

 

William inhaled the cool air after dumbfoundedly realizing his position. This price had already gone beyond what he could have borne to spend. However, if he had General Ja'aduk's interspatial ring, it would have been a different story.

 

"Twelve thousand high concentration soul stones going once...Twelve thousand high concentration soul stones going twice...Twelve thousand high concentration soul stones going thrice, sold!" The auctioneer declared, slamming her hammer heavily.

 

"Twelve thousand high concentration soul stones: a price that could easily change a common cultivator's life entirely," Nin Li whispered to William.

 

The auction continued as another item was brought onto the stage. "The next item is another magic item: a silver necklace! It contains a stone soldier that matches the magical cultivation of the wearer. It was one of the items given to us today by one of the Great Four."

 

"Could it be," whispered William expectantly, turning to Nin Li.

 

Nin Li shook her head from left to right. "It's not him. He doesn't participate in these sorts of things. It must be one of the other three," she confidently stated.

 

The crowd below whispered amongst themselves.

 

"Did she say one of the Great Four?"

"And she said it's only one of the items."

"How lucky are we?"

"Lucky? This item will definitely start off with high concentration soul stones!"

 

These guys seem to be acting too excited about the Great Four. So, is old man Moj really a big deal? William pondered, surprised.

 

"The starting price is ten thousand high concentration soul-" proclaimed the auctioneer but was interrupted before she could finish.

 

"Ten thousand high concentration soul stones!"

"Eleven thousand high concentration soul stones!"

"Twelve thousand high concentration soul stones!" The people in the front seats appeared to be fighting it out.

 

"Fifty thousand high concentration soul stones!" One member declared in the VIP section.

 

The bidding suddenly stopped as silence befell the auditorium.

 

"Fifty thousand high concentration soul stones going once...Fifty thousand high concentration soul stones going twice...Fifty thousand high concentration soul stones going thrice. Sold!"

 

As the next item was about to be put up for bidding, the auctioneer seemed hesitant to speak for a moment.

 

The next auction item is also a contribution from one of the great wizard...a mystery box, as he termed it. We were not provided much information regarding its contents. However, the great wizard did ask us to convey a specific message," she announced, a tinge of embarrassment coloring her tone.

 

A wave of hushed whispers rippled through the crowd.

 

"A message from one of the Great Four?"

"What could it possibly be?"

"Divine wisdom, perhaps?"

"I'm so excited!"

 

The auctioneer took a steadying breath before continuing. "The great wizard has explicitly declared that the contents of this mystery box hold no value whatsoever. His precise words were 'Unless you are my most devoted fan, you should not expend even a single low-tier soul stone on this box, as to anyone else it would be nothing more than a worthless piece of parchment.'" She paused, visibly embarrassed.

 

A disbelieving murmur rippled through the stunned audience. Scoffs of derision and incredulous mutters filled the hall as the guests struggled to process the unexpected proclamation regarding an offering from one of the vaunted Great Four.

 

"Did she truly say it's worthless parchment?"

"The great wizard cannot be serious..."

"Perhaps it is some inscrutable wisdom, couched in contradiction?"

"Or a bizarre jape at our expense?"

 

The auctioneer's cheeks burned crimson as the whispers swelled. Raising her hands, she strove to regain the crowd's attention. "Distinguished guests, I implore you, these are the great wizard's own words which we have been instructed to convey precisely. There is no opening price set for this item. If any among you wish to bid, please make an offer at your discretion."

 

An awkward hush descended as the audience weighed the peculiar situation. Moments stretched into minutes as not a single bid was proffered, the guests seemingly frozen by bewilderment.

 

Surprised that nobody seemed inclined to make an offer, William's mind raced. Huh? What's this? No one is going to bid? She even said there's no starting price, so I can offer anything. This is still supposedly an item from someone they were all fawning over mere moments ago. This is my chance! It may be the only item I can bid on. Emboldened by the prospect, he leaned over to the female servant beside Gregor. "How do I place a bid? Isn't there a silence spell over this balcony?"

 

"Honored guest, the silence spell is halted every time you raise the plate," answered the female servant.

 

William nodded gratefully, raising his plate. "One thousand gold coins!" he called out.

 

Whispers once again filled the room. "Huh? Someone actually made an offer?"

 

"Yeah, but it's in gold coins. He probably only said it to help the Mu Clan out of this dreadful silence."

 

"Five thousand gold coins!" A member from one of the VIP boxes abruptly shouted.

 

Hmm. William squinted at the balcony on the right, though he couldn't discern their face. "Seven thousand gold coins!" William countered firmly.

 

"Ten thousand gold coins!" The anonymous member immediately bid again in an uncaring tone, as if indifferent to winning or losing.

 

"No way! Someone is actually bidding against them."

 

"Yeah...but still only in gold coins."

 

"Still, they seem quite determined." The guests' chatter swelled.

 

"Eleven thousand!" William shouted resolutely.

 

"Twelve thousand!" The disinterested member lazily raised once more.

 

"Fourteen thousand gold coins!" William's excitement mounted.

 

The bidding from the other party abruptly ceased, as if they had lost interest.

 

"Fourteen thousand gold coins going once...Fourteen thousand gold coins going twice...Fourteen thousand gold coins going thrice...Sold!" The auctioneer proclaimed, her tone tinged with awkwardness.

 

That was...surprisingly easy. Though I can't help but feel a tinge of embarrassment, since the previous item fetched fifty thousand high concentration soul stones, William mused.

 

"Esteemed guest, congratulations on your winning bid. You may collect your item after the auction concludes, downstairs in the lobby," stated the elven male servant beside Nin Li.

 

The auction continued and sold many items at elevated prices, although William made no more bids. Gregor bid on six different items, managing to win two of them.

 

"The next three items being auctioned will be our final three...ending today's magnificent event," announced the auctioneer.

 

"This next item was brought to us by slavers of the east...we of the Mu Clan proudly give you...a giant from the kingdom of Tempura!" She proclaimed excitedly, once again raising her bare, sculpted arms to point at the object.

 

A cage was brought in with a giant man brooding inside. The man sat bare-chested, wearing only a beige loincloth. He looked to be about fifteen feet tall, with long and muscular arms. What captured William's attention, however, was the metal collar on his neck and the dark-red circular tattoo on his chest, most likely a magical seal.

 

"A slave," he uttered with a surprised look.

 

"It's quite common for these auction houses to sell rare slaves. I'm surprised this giant wasn't the final item," remarked Gregor.

 

"Slavery is common here?" William asked, surprised.

 

Gregor nodded, confirming it. "Oh yes. You can buy them in the city too…although…they don't normally have rare ones…such as this one," he replied.

 

"It's disgusting." Nin Li suddenly interjected for a moment before assuming her reticent posture.

 

"I guess. But these creatures are deadly to humans. So, if you let them loose, they will most likely kill us. It's better if we keep them under control." Gregor sharply remarked.

 

"Really!? So, you think servitude is better for them since they are savages, according to you?" Nin Li became unhinged.

 

"Yes," Gregor replied solemnly.

 

"And you are an apothecary? Looks like you really aren't deserving of that position."

 

Gregor's eyes suddenly lit up with outrage, his whole body shaking. "Forgive my insolence, but if a couple of conmen can think it is acceptable to take advantage of me, then I see no issue with humans using their cunning and intellect to tame savage creatures. After all, survival of the fittest, right?"

 

"You don't know what you are talking about." Nin Li's face turned red with anger.

 

"And you do? Well, I would not be surprised, considering you are a servant." Gregor's tone became more sardonic.

 

"What did you say to me!?" Nin Li storms from her seat, almost trying to land a punch on Gregor before William intervened, holding her back.

 

"Nin Li, stop! Don't make a scene. It's unbecoming of you." William, realizing the incursion in Gregor's words, gestured Nin Li to stand down.

 

"But, Young Master!" Nin Li tried to explain, but the glare of William's eyes stopped her from engaging further.

 

Annoyed and still seething with rage, Nin Li reluctantly sat down as William looked to find a few eyes drawn towards their box due to the commotion.

 

"You should apologize to the guild leader." William softly said to Nin Li.

 

Nin Li furrowed her brows. "What! Young Master, he insulted me...."

 

"And we have greatly insulted him by deceiving him about our position. I have greatly insulted him, which has made it clear that I need to be more mindful of my actions. But for now, please apologize to our host."

 

The words seemed to have come out in a baronial air as William felt a sense of humiliation, peculiar to his character. What surprised him the most was that he does not feel ashamed for Nin Li's outburst but, in fact, of giving Gregor the position from which he was able to rightfully make such a remark.

 

After recounting the events with keen hindsight, William realized that the uneasiness and feeling ashamed were due to him being powerless and out of place at the event, something he could not take anymore. He was well aware that he could not afford to buy anything of substance or exercise a level of influence that he was accustomed to, or to be precise, General Ja'aduk had been accustomed to.

 

William suddenly discovered, to his unnerving surprise, that General Ja'aduk's influence on him extended beyond just rage, spilling over into vanity, desire for power, and, most importantly, respect.

 

"I am sorry." Nin Li muttered antipathetically.

 

Gregor simply nodded.

 

William then assumed a stolid demeanor, turning to the guild leader.

 

"I apologize if our actions have hurt you. But you must admit, guild leader, that your overenthusiasm and wishful thinking is what led you to make an uninformed decision. And had I known your motives or your condition, I would have never agreed to come here. I thought that you had merely mistaken me for a wealthy noble's child and were trying to sell me some expensive items. You must understand that what happened was nothing more than an unfortunate accident due to negligence on both our parts. The best thing to do now is for both of us to try and move past this...misunderstanding. And please, Nin Li might be tending to me, but you do not have the right to be condescending to her. And honestly, making such derisory remarks are beneath you, guild leader."

 

The last few sentences of William's statement seemed to have come in a very proud, almost noble-like tone. For a moment, an uncomfortable silence gripped the box as William kept his eyes locked on Gregor. Finally, after a few seconds, Gregor broke eye contact, still not saying a word. William then turned his attention to the auction stage, where the guards had finished setting up the cage to fully display the giant.

 

"As you all know, the giants are a breed known for having high magical cultivation. They may not be very smart, but they make up for it with their destructiveness in battle. It is very difficult to capture one alive, as they attack nonstop until they fall. This giant has a magical cultivation realm of fourth-star black gold and has a slave contract set to maximum obedience. He is still young...only 50 years old!" The auctioneer's voice was filled with elation as she too peeked at the giant from time to time.

 

"The starting bid will be twenty thousand high concentration soul stones!"

 

"Twenty thousand high concentration soul stones!" Yelled someone from the VIP section next to William's box.

"Twenty-five!"

"Thirty!"

"Thirty-five!"

 

The bidding continued for a little bit.

….....

 

"One hundred thousand!" No one else bid after that. "One hundred thousand high concentration soul stones going once...One hundred thousand high concentration soul stones going twice...One hundred thousand high concentration soul stones going thrice...sold!" The auctioneer announced enthusiastically.

 

The bidding continued, and an ultra-rare spirit herb sold at one hundred and twenty thousand high concentration soul stones.

 

"Honorable guests, as you know this is the last item that we have in store today. Our final item was also brought to us by slavers. It is one of the rarest items around. This is the first time our auction house has had the pleasure of offering this ultra-rare slave," announced the auctioneer, with a proud smile.

 

William's interest was piqued, and he attentively looked at the stage. "Hmm, what's this?" He muttered.

 

The guards brought out a small golden cage and placed it on a podium next to the auctioneer. The moment the creature inside became visible, both William and Nin Li gasped, with the latter's face turning pale with shock and horror before casting a burning red aura from being viscerally incensed.

 

"Our final item is this young fairy...barely fifteen years old. This magical creature might be small at only eight inches tall, but she more than makes up for it with her magical abilities. She has yet to mature and already has a magical cultivation realm of one-star gold! Also, much to your delight, she has yet to form a slave contract. The slavers thought it would be best to make the contract to the winner...since the first owner always has the most control," proudly explained the auctioneer.

 

William was able to make out her green dress and golden blonde hair from afar as she flew around with a small sliver baton in her hand, frantically trying to escape.

 

The entire crowd gasped in shock and excitement as the atmosphere within the auditorium became utterly heated. The auctioneer on the stage saw the scene and smirked.

 

"The starting bid for our final item is fifty thousand high-concentration soul stones." ….... "Fifty thousand high-concentration soul stones starting bid?! That's insane!" William was stunned.

 

Immediately someone from the VIP section started bidding.

"Fifty thousand!"

"Fifty-one thousand!"

…...

 

Soon everyone in the VIP section started competing except for William's group. Nin Li tried to look away by turning her face toward William, who saw her on the verge of tears.

 

William tried to console her. "Nin Li-." He tried to say something, but she interrupted, muttering, "please excuse me. I need to use the restroom," before quickly departing outside.

 

Meanwhile, the bidding war progressed, and the price had already reached sixty-five thousand high concentration soul stones.

 

William turned to face Gregor and humbly exclaimed, "Guild leader Gregor...I have a request."

 

With an expressionless face, Gregor turned to William. "Oh...? How might I be of assistance now, Young Master?" William did not miss the hint of sarcasm in his voice.

 

"Will you lend me enough high concentration soul stones to buy this fairy?" William pleaded with slight desperation in his voice.

 

A look of surprise appeared on Gregor's face before a chuckle pierced through his lips.

 

"You surprise me. Why should I help you? You could just as easily con me as you did to those thugs." Gregor disdainfully remarked.

 

"I know this whole situation has made you distrust me. But if you do this, I will remain deeply indebted to you." William's posture became more entreating.

 

"I am sorry, but I cannot help you without any guarantee. I have already paid a fortune for these seats, and I am not about to lose any more of what little I have left." Gregor turned away.

 

Once again, the lack of power and control infuriated William, with General Ja'aduk's personality urging him to lash out.

 

"I will pay you back. I swear," William's urging became more pronounced.

 

"What guarantee do I have that you are not lying?" Gregor said, still facing away from him.

 

"I'm prepared to swear a nine-nine heavenly tribulation oath," William coldly replied.

 

Immediately Gregor turned to William.

 

"That...fairy…is she that important to you?" he asked with a puzzled face.

 

William looked at Nin Li's empty seat and let out a sigh, replying, "Yes. I want her for Nin Li."

 

"Your servant?" Gregor asked, confused.

 

"She's not my servant, more like a friend," William answered.

 

A second of silence ensued in the box as the price climbed to eighty-thousand high concentration soul stones.

 

"Very well. But Young Master," The scornfulness in Gregor's voice gave way to resignation as he continued, "although a guild leader's salary is quite decent, my funds are insufficient to purchase this fairy. I only brought fifty thousand high concentration soul stones, as I did not wish to overspend. Now, after purchasing those other two items, I only have three thousand high concentration soul stones remaining. I cannot hope to compete with the noble lords of Feros with such a paltry sum. How much do you have at your disposal?"

 

William brought his index fingers together, unable to meet Gregor's questioning gaze. "After purchasing the mystery box, I have... um..." he swallowed nervously. "About a hundred or so gold coins left," he admitted reluctantly.

 

Gregor's expression went blank for a moment. "Young Master... I'm sorry. Did you say gold coins?" William's face flushed crimson, still avoiding eye contact. "That's right," he mumbled.

 

After a prolonged silence, Gregor's face flushed red as he clenched his fists tightly. "Do you have any inkling how much I paid to secure these premier balcony seats?" he exclaimed, slamming his fist on the armrest, jaw clenched. "Ten thousand high concentration soul stones! Each!"

 

"I already told you I'm not wealthy! If you had mentioned needing soul stones, I would never have agreed to come! Or at the very least, I would have tried to swindle some affluent marks," William tried to explain, feeling profoundly embarrassed.

 

"Swindle affluent marks!? Is that how you plan to repay me after swearing your nine-nine heavenly tribulation oath?" Gregor cried out incredulously.

 

"Well, I would have found a way!" William exclaimed defensively.

 

Gregor closed his eyes and exhaled deeply, "Why do I possess such a frustratingly soft heart? Fine!" He paused, exhaling again before continuing in a measured tone, "My absolute limit is two hundred thousand high concentration soul stones...any more...and I cannot cover the cost. However, I will need you to swear that you will repay me the full amount as soon as you are financially able. If you acquire the funds, you will immediately settle your debt. None of this 'I'll pay later' nonsense," he proclaimed firmly as the bidding climbed to ninety-four thousand.

 

"I don't understand...you lied earlier? When you claimed to only have three thousand soul stones remaining?" William questioned, perplexed.

 

Gregor shook his head. "No, that was not a falsehood. I truly only have three thousand soul stones on my person. I left most of my liquid funds at home to avoid temptation from overspending. However, as the leader of the apothecary guild, they will extend me credit if I assure them I have the funds at my residence."

 

William pondered for a moment before replying, "Okay! I am ready to swear the oath." William solemnly swore to repay Gregor's expenditure should he secure the fairy. Nine thunderous bolts split the sky outside, though the engrossed audience seemed oblivious amidst the auctioneer's chant.

 

"Ninety-five thousand. Do I have any higher than ninety-five thousand?" the auctioneer proclaimed.

 

"One hundred and twenty thousand!" William proudly yelled, raising his plate.

 

Immediately all eyes turned towards their balcony box as a wave of murmurs rippled through the crowd.

 

"Someone joined in so late."

 

"It's that boy again."

 

"Who is he?"

 

"One hundred twenty-one thousand!" A man yelled from the adjacent box.

 

"One hundred forty thousand!" William countered immediately.

 

The hall went completely silent for a suspended moment, stunned by the astronomical sum.

 

"One hundred forty-one thousand!" The opposing voice shouted once again.

 

"One hundred sixty thousand!" William did not skip a beat, raising the stakes dramatically.

 

The room slipped into an even more luxuriant hush, the audience holding their collective breath.

 

"One hundred sixty thousand high concentration soul stones going once...One hundred sixty thousand high concentration soul stones going twice...One hundred sixty thousand high concentration soul stones going-" the auctioneer's chant was interrupted before she could complete it.

 

"One hundred sixty-one thousand!" The unseen man stubbornly yelled again.

 

"Two hundred thousand!" William countered, pushing to his stated limit.

 

"Two hundred thousand high concentration soul stones going once...Two hundred thousand high concentration soul stones going twice...Two hundred thousand high concentration soul stones going thrice." That familiar, weighty silence befell the hall once more.

 

"Sold! To the young lord in the black ensemble!" The auctioneer proclaimed, banging her gavel with cheerful finality.

 

The entire hall remained eerily silent for a suspended moment, still not fully recovered from the intense back-and-forth volley. The silence was soon shattered as the crowd erupted in raucous cheers, thunderous applause, and even whistles of appreciation.

 

"You! I said it was the limit! Not that you had to immediately raise the price to that exorbitant sum!" Gregor yelled furiously, his face flushed.

 

"I wanted to catch that persistent bidder off-guard with an unexpectedly high opening bid. I certainly would have been rattled if someone did that to me. But he just kept raising by the smallest increment each time. I was starting to worry he would stubbornly continue...so I'm relieved he finally conceded," William answered before letting out a sigh of relief.

 

As the crowds began filing out, Nin Li entered their private box.

 

"Is the auction over?" she asked, her countenance subdued. William smiled and turned to face her, an excited gleam in his eyes.

 

"It sure is."

 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the prestigious Mu Clan thanks you for your esteemed participation in today's illustrious event! Bid winners, please collect your prized acquisitions in the lobby! We sincerely hope you will grace us with your presence again! We host smaller auctions every week...and for our most distinguished high rollers...grand events of this caliber once monthly! Thank you and good evening! We eagerly anticipate your return!" The auctioneer's melodious voice rang out as she blew kisses to the departing crowd.

 

Dive into a world where technology meets magic with my novel, "Nanotech Magician Volume 1: The Path to Magic," now available on Amazon! Kindle Unlimited members read FREE, and non-members can enjoy a one-month free trial. Start your adventure here: Nanotech Magician Volume 1

Nanotech Magician Volume 2, "Road to the Dark Tournament," is also out now exclusively on Amazon. Want a sneak peek at the characters? Follow me on X and Instagram @MrBritez for exclusive unofficial manga pages featuring scenes from the novel. Chapters one and two available now!

Get ready for thrills and intrigue - Happy reading!
MrBritez

1