Chapter 2 Yes, I do
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If this had been a marriage of love, it would have been the perfect wedding.

But it wasn't, Camille thought sourly. Had she chosen to marry this man? Had she naively thought that one day he would fall in love with her?

 

He had a bad temper when he was young, but his heart was warm. Was he still like that now?

 

When Camille was carefully placed on the red carpet like a 'treasure', Aaron held her hand and walked towards the altar in the church. Her slight hesitation was exchanged with a warning glance. His cold and handsome face did not seem to allow her to have the slightest bit of unwillingness.

 

But her instincts told her that this man didn't really want to marry her.

Because he seemed so absent-minded, she was his bride, not his lover, and this realization was sobering and somewhat distressing.

 

Camille felt that she was a puppet in Aaron's hands. Even the Camille family was a chess piece in his hands. Her father no longer had his usual dignity in front of him. Even the steps of the wedding were decided by him.

 

Camille listened mechanically as the priest read aloud to her: Camille, do you take this man to be your husband and to bind yourself to him in marriage? In sickness and in health, or for any other reason, to love him, to care for him, to honor him, to accept him, and to be faithful unto the end of your days?

 

After a moment of silence, Camille could feel the quietness of the auditorium. She could even feel two sharp gazes that were trying to see through her.

She bravely met his seemingly affectionate yet heartless eyes and said loudly, "I do!"

The priest let out a sigh of relief and the audience seemed to have quietened down.

 

The priest continued to read to Aaron, "Aaron, are you willing to marry this woman as your wife? Whether in sickness or in health, or for any other reason, will you love her, take care of her, respect her, accept her, and be faithful to her until the end of your life? "

 

Compared to Camille's silence just now, Aaron did not have much delay. He answered very straightforwardly. He even looked into her eyes and announced, “Yes I do!”

 

Camille's eyelashes fluttered as if she had seen an alien. She opened her mouth slightly, but before she could react, she was blocked by a kiss that did not follow the rules at all.

 

Within a day, she had already been kissed by this man twice, and every time, she was the center of attention!

 

Was he doing it on purpose? He was doing it on purpose. A few reporters who had been allowed in started snapping crazily again!

 

Compared to her shyness, she felt more helpless. Compared to her helplessness, she felt a hint of regret.

This was not her personality. This was not her. She should have resisted. She regretted it. But when she faced his deep eyes, even though they were cold, she was still confused.

 

His facial features were enough to make any woman intoxicated.

 

His wealth and power had influenced the development of Camille's family. Camille's small resentment was suppressed again.

 

It turned out that she was so spineless and so weak!

 

Yes I do? Camille was not satisfied with this promise. There was even a small commotion below the stage. Even the priest could feel that this wedding was not normal. She saw that her brother and father sitting at the side did not look very good, but they were trying their best to put on a calm and blessing smile.

 

It turned out that love was always so small compared to power and wealth. She should be more carefree and optimistic. Maybe after marriage, feelings could be slowly cultivated.

 

But Camille was obviously too optimistic. In fact, from the first day of the wedding, when he and her disappeared from everyone's sight, she finally understood what his "yes I do" meant.

0