Chapter 3 Cold Treatments by Camille (Ⅱ)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sunlight was charming, like a naughty child reaching out and fiddling with the cheeks of the person sleeping soundly on the bed. Camille's long eyelashes finally moved a few times. She had accumulated enough sleep for a long time, and the sunlight happened to shine on her face, so Camille couldn't sleep anymore.

 

When she opened her eyes, she didn't feel tired at all. In this one month, the thing she did the most was sleep and eat. She really wondered why she didn't gain weight after working so hard to take care of her body.

    

This was the thirty-first day of her marriage to Aaron. Compared to the first day of her marriage to Aaron, there were no changes.

   

She was the only one on the huge double bed, but where was he? It seemed that he only came back when she was asleep? Because there was one time when she was thirsty and drank water, she realized that there was really someone lying next to her.

   

Before that, she thought that this man wouldn't come back!

And every morning, no, every day at noon, when she opened her eyes, he was long gone.

Now, she was very clear about her position and identity in Aaron's heart. The remaining good impression she had of Aaron was gradually disappearing. She was also aware of her own situation.

 

She only needs to bear the identity of Aaron's wife, enjoy the Aaron family's taste of life, do a good job of a famous wife.

    

The worst part was that even the imperial concubines in the palace were treated better than her.

    

Is this the price I have to pay to bring the Camille family back to life? Camille laughed at herself and stretched. She washed up and put on makeup in case Aaron needed her to appear on important occasions.

    

Were they going to continue living like this?

    

She was really the most pitiful woman in the rich family. Compared to the first day of her marriage, the sadness and hurt had faded. Now that she had adapted to her current life, she felt more angry than sad.

 

Divorce?

   

Will Aaron allow this to happen? Will Dad and Big Brother approve?

    

Was it because they knew that they were facing a fake and cold marriage, and they still wanted to sacrifice her?

  

Camille, you are such a fool. You got a higher education, went abroad to study, and foolishly sacrificed your happiness, thinking that love can be cultivated after marriage?

  

From the day they got married, she knew that Aaron didn't love her, that she was just a poor pawn.

    

In the mirror, her elegant long hair was tied in beautiful wavy curls, but the innocence and beauty on her face still looked like a young girl's, not as charming and mature as a married woman.

 

Arriving at the dining-room in soft slippers, Sophie, the housekeeper, greeted her politely:

 

"Madam, you're awake?"

    

There was no one in the living room except for her and Sophie, so Camille didn't bother to be polite.

    

"Well, Sophie, I'm hungry. Is there anything good to eat —"

  

Sophie saw that and immediately went to the kitchen. Soon, fried eggs, bread, and milk were served. Sophie was really efficient.

    

"By the way, Madam, your father called just now. He said that it's his birthday today. He asked if Madam and Sir would be attending?"

 

Sophie said worriedly. Obviously, she had been serving here for a long time, and the relationship between Madam and Sir was definitely not good.

 

"Oh?!"

 

Will he be there? Is it a tone of inquiry, rather than a demand or notice? Dad in front of Aaron completely lost his former confidence and boldness, I remember when I was a child, every time dad held a birthday, the house was very lively, she worshipped dad at that time, she thought dad was the most powerful person, how come now she felt dad was a late hero?The object of her subservience was actually her son-in-law?

 

No, she didn't want this situation to continue.

 

"Your father is waiting for an answer!"

 

Sophie looked worriedly at Camille, who was sitting at the dining table and chewing on her fried egg. She could tell that this was not something Madam could decide.

 

"Yes, how can I not go?"

 

Camille said seriously. She thought that even if Aaron didn't want to go, she would still go.

 

However, Camille soon realized that the egg in her mouth was extremely salty.

 

"Ah -- pooh -- Water -- Sophie --"

 

Upon seeing this, Sophie immediately went to fetch the water in a hurry:

 

I beg your pardon, madam, but I didn't think I'd put the salt in it, so I put it in it again.

 

Sophie looked at Camille waving her hand and explaining her mistake guiltily. She had been so anxious that she had added salt twice.

"Oh, it's so salty!"

 

Camille was too lazy to care about her ladylike image. She drank half a glass of milk and half a glass of water in one go. She felt much better after that.

 

In order to ease the pain of her taste buds, Camille held a large piece of cake in one hand and a glass of water in the other. She frowned and ate generously.

 

When Aaron came back from outside, he saw this scene. When the woman who was eating enthusiastically saw him, she was first stunned, then she coughed violently. She actually choked?!

 

Aaron frowned. Was he really that scary?

0