#3 Strange boy
123 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though I've been with them for nearly a year, I still can't communicate with them. I can only listen and understand what they say, I can't answer yet. I only say 'yes' and 'no' and simple sentences, in other words, I can hardly say much at all. I'm very embarrassed when I can't pronounce correctly and with this slurred voice, it will probably be a long time before I can speak.
People who often come to my house like Mrs. Aidia, Mrs. Dukine and Mr. Bembe (Dukine and Bembe are husband and wife) are all considered family members by my parents and they even make me call them grandparents...
There was one exception among them, yes, Mrs. Lauren, she just sat on the sofa in the corner and didn't say anything. Sometimes she suddenly glares and looks very scary. Everyone in the house considered her invisible and continued to do their work. I feel sorry for her but every time I get close, she constantly tells me to 'try hard' and then 'thanks' me, looking at me with worshipful eyes. I felt very uncomfortable with her behavior so I did the same as everyone else - ignored her.
My parents are always quite busy with protecting the village, but it is also the cheapest source of meat for my family. Most of the cattle in the village are old, so they are usually kept for eggs, milk, and fur. The pieces of meat sold at the market are all transported from outside and the cost of doing so is quite expensive.
The other day, my parents returned with quite serious expressions. They and the others entered the room and said something like our pursuers were starting to trace our whereabouts from the cargo transports. Hmm… things look serious here. I should at least still prepare a plan. But this body is still too small to do big things. Maybe I should go around and collect what I think is needed.
When I have free time, I often watch my parents practice. They know many types of martial arts. I tried to memorize them but only a few of them were simple for me...
***
3 months later,
I'm 1 year old and still can't go out alone, it's boring, really boring. I got to know everyone in the village except the troublemakers. I seem to be more connected to this place than I thought, and this is also where everything is so magical in the story. I knew how mana was used but I still couldn't control it properly, to put it bluntly, I used it unconsciously. Sometimes when I sleep, if my body feels cold, it will automatically use mana to warm the body. It's quite absurd but never mind. In addition, my mana color is blue. I don't know if it is rare, but my parents and people in the village were quite surprised about this.
Something strange happened in my dream. I met a boy who looked exactly like me but his eyes were blue and he had a mole on the left side of his eye. I don't remember clearly what he said but it was something like: "Only five more years, we will see each other regularly, until then you have to live well and not hurt your body, I will too." I hope you overcome your psychological trauma!" I remember him saying those words in a scary voice and the last sentence had an even more threatening tone. I don't know who he is, but I feel bad about this.
The people following us are starting to send people to find out our whereabouts. This is serious. I see some connection between that strange boy and those people. "sight" suddenly sighed, I guess I look like an old man now. In the dream the boy said 5 years from now, that's probably how long it will take them to find us. I will prepare for this thoroughly.

5