#3.1 Mr. Heazt
90 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This year I am 3 years old.
My parents' tribe has quite important rituals at this age. On a tribe member's 3rd birthday, it is necessary to choose the weapon that he or she will use until the age of 12. I find this quite reasonable because it will train people to be persistent and determined. That day I chose the sword because.... um, it's cool. But I touched the knife first, the ritual hadn't started yet, right? So of course it doesn't count...
The village guard team consists of 6 people, my parents, three twin brothers, and a captain. His name is Heazt and he is a veteran hunter with 30 years of experience. He is not very big but very agile. He is the one who will teach me swords from now on. His personality is quite quiet and he rarely speaks. He only says what he needs and hardly asks for help or talks to anyone too much. Quite mysterious!
Today I just learned how to hold the sword and the stances. They are really difficult. I had been beaten in the legs so that they were purple in most visible places, but Heazt's face was expressionless.
Ah-! Here we go again. Tears kept flowing, they flowed automatically and unconsciously. I didn't even notice it and mistook it for sweat. But after I raised my hand to rub my eyes, haa- how uncomfortable...
It kept flowing for 20 minutes straight. My eyes are swollen now.
Mr. Heazt couldn't help but say: "Weak, go rest and wait here tomorrow at 3 o'clock." I will teach you to ‘run away properly’.” I was dumbfounded, what the hell was the right way to run away? But one thing is for sure, I will be beaten to pieces. My bruises haven't healed yet.
Tired!
***
The next morning I woke up at 3:55 a.m.
I'm dead-!
If it wasn't for my mother waking me up, I would have been late.
Arriving at the training ground, Mr. Heazt was waiting there with an expressionless expression as usual. Luckily, I arrived 1 minute early. Suddenly, I appreciated time so much.
Heazt said
-From now until sunset, you must run away from me as long as possible or you will have to starve.
I was speechless, this was much better than sword practice. I wish this should have happened sooner.
But everything is not as I thought. It's a lot more difficult.
For the first time, I decided to run deep into the forest, into the haven I had recently found to hide. But it didn't work and that haven is no longer mine.
When he saw me, Heazt said
-This place is fine, Hey Weak, how did you find it?
I felt a little proud of being praised, but then Heazt spoke again
- Weak, you need to know how to hide your footprints when moving.
Then give me a straight right to the leg.
Ah- how much longer do I have to endure this...
My mother couldn't stop Mr. Heazt from coaching me and this was the number one shot in a week I don't remember. But Mr. Heazt also taught me the errors I encountered, maybe it shouldn't be so strong like this. Heazt released me again to continue the 'game of hide and seek'.
My health is weaker than normal children because eating mutant monster meat makes me malnourished and puts substances in my body that are not good for children. After running for a while, I felt tired, but Mr. Heazt always chased after me.
Haa- how desperate.
I had to stop gasping for air when Mr. Heazt caught me. I was pointed out by Mr. Heazt that my prints on the branches and leaves were still behind, making it very easy for Mr. Heazt to find me. Let me learn from this for next time...
As I ran away I thought, surely this has something to do with the people chasing us. Are they about to come after us?

3