Chapter 4|A Familiar Face
182 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Franz 

I dumbly stared at the figure killing those damned alphas.

That silver hair, those golden eyes. 

It was such a familiar face that I might have thought Alexis was still alive if not for the broken bond reminding me that our beloved was already deceased. 

Another difference I found was also shocking. It was a faint smell, but I'm pretty sure that the person possessing such a similar face to Alexis' was an alpha. A detestable alpha. 

The woman's actions were similar to Alexis's, even their way of slicing people up. 

Rowen, Ashid, and me. The three of us subconsciously watched the woman fight. I halted the troops gearing to fight and watched as the woman stilled, facing our direction; as if ready to defend and attack anytime. 

"Alexis..." I hear Ashid's mindless talk. 

"Similar and so familiar." Rowen blankly muttered. 

Like the two of them, I stared at the woman's face with yearning. 

This woman... To be honest, I feared her answer once I questioned her. Are you Alexis's child?

If the answer is yes, that means that our beloved has cheated. And if not, who could tell me why the fuck is her face so much like Alexis?

Maybe because of too much longing, we subconsciously emitted our pheromones, trying to envelop the child so similar to Alexis. 

I snapped to reality when I saw the woman frown, looking in our direction, peering right into us. 

"She's an alpha, isn't she? She's not turning crazy with lust despite our strong pheromones." Rowen muttered and I observed the woman. 

Indeed, the woman only stilled and stared at us despite the great distance. Her hands steadily held the golden spear I had given Alexis on the night of our union. 

"Is she going to continue staying like that?" Ishid asked, pointing at the woman's stern posture. 

"Why are you not attacking us yet?" 

I jolted and looked at the side. Rowen's face was serious as he asked in an enchanted voice. 

The woman who was silent and still, knitted her brows before replying with a similar enchanted voice. 

"...Your group over there are omegas."

"Are you underestimating us, omegas?!" My brows twisted and I felt the rising anger in my heart. As expected, all alphas are sc-

"No." The woman answered firmly.

"My master, my father, an omega, is stronger than me. I would be dumb to underestimate an omega." The woman then looked a bit hesitant to talk but still continued her words.

"The only reason I have not attacked yet is because you haven't, and because of such a familiar scent." 

The latter was almost a murmur of the woman, but with our hearing, such a small whisper is heard. 

The little bit of suspicion in my heart that this child might just be a magic sentient doll was cleared. This woman is Alexis' child. 

I opened my mouth.

"Do you know about Franz, Rowen, and Ashid? Do those names ring any bells in your memory?" I asked, using magic to teleport Rowen, Ashid, and me right in front of the woman. 

"...Father's mates?" 

We found Alexis's resting place. We found the right place.

The countless evidences made it so that I cannot deny it. 

7