Chapter 11|Sailing Away
122 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arisia

...

How exactly do I act to be considered 'not awkward'

I don't know how to! Father didn't prepare me to talk to people! He prepared me to fight them! 

Even my experience of my past life is not much of a help.  I was a social loner in my past life, and I was literally alone for 3 years except for those rare instances of an intruder in this life.

I brooded alone in my temporary new room.

Yes, temporary.

Because I am now inside a big ship, sailing towards my father's mates 'hometown". Or so I have been told.

Truthfully, I didn't wish to leave the island. I have been born, raised, and taught there. But my father's mates persuaded1Coerced me. me to go with them.2As a hostage of sort(?)

At first, I was resistant to their offer. Father told me to guard the spring and protect it from the greedy hands of alphas. And that's what I will do. 

But my father's mates countered that since their arrival, I did not need to fulfill that promise because I already finished my duty. 

Well...I really can't refute that since Father did say that if, in my lifetime, his mates were to found the island, I would be released from this promise.

So here am I, taken away from my usual peace.

---

*Knock* *Knock*

"...Miss Arisia, Sir Rowell is calling for you to eat dinner." 

Ah, the call for an excruciating awkward dinner. 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

Here we go.

I stood up and opened the door. 

"Thank you for calling me, Mr. Varyll." The tall and beautiful omega with piercing brown eyes is Varyll. A vampire who was called to serve3Monitor me.

I followed the vampire's lean figure to the complicated path of the corridor. While walking, I fidgeted every few steps. The new clothes I'd been gifted were comfortable, but at the same time, they felt weird.

I don't know what this piece of fabric is called but it's so comfortable and weird at the same time. I don't know why it feels weird or maybe it's just me.

To distract myself, I stared at the beautiful and pulsing magic lines embedded in the wall of the ship.

I know magic exists here, after all, I'm a wielder of it too. But the magic intricately carved in this ship is novel. Father had taught me a lot of spells, but those were mainly for attack and defense. 

I also know a lot of miscellaneous spells good for everyday life but that's that.

It is fascinating that a Speeding spell can be fused with a Stabling Spell so expertly and precise. I wonder who did that.

While enjoying gazing at the pulsing magic lines, a cool scent, reminiscent of mint, wafted to my nose.

'Mr. Varyll's pheromones.'

I don't know if it's intentional or not but every time I was called to eat with father's mates, along the walk, this vampire will release his scent.

As if...attracting me(?).

Or maybe testing my self-control?

An ordinary alpha might go wild with his scent but I am more controlling of my reactions. 

Mr. Varyll's scent is not as overbearing as my father's or his mates too, which I can bear, so it's not a problem. 

But it's very uncomfortable when he does it almost every day. What exactly did he want to do by releasing his pheromones? 

I'm too scared to ask. 

I sighed. Me and my introverted ass.

6