Chapter 15|Added Protection
172 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arisia

I'm pretty sure these people around me are talking about something important, it's just that I can't seem to understand anything.

What council? What sucking it up? Suck up what?

I blinked my eyes, trying to make sense of things, and their cryptic-like talking. 

Am I supposed to hear this conversation? Well, I guess I would have been kicked out if that's the matter.

"Arisia." A deep velvety voice called my name and I stared at the middle-aged man's projection. 

I can't help but internally sigh at this man's handsome face. But strangely enough, he looks a bit familiar.

I wonder.

"What is it, Sir?" Since I don't know his name, might as well just address him formally.

"..."

Why are you staying quiet?

Sir? Shouldn't you speak now?

Is my role here to be an awkward person?

Alright, I stay silent too. 

I shut my mouth closed, I'm stubborn when it comes to staying quiet.

My eyes still stare at his aged red eyes. 

Wait a goddamn minute. 

I blinked again, red eyes and black hair. That strange familiarity...

Is this...Rowan's father?

Rowan's father might be a high noble1Highly plausible, a king.?!!

I have a nagging suspicion that Father is kind of a noble. 2Scratch that, I'm pretty sure he was a noble. Didn't know it would be that high. Father didn't really clearly say what his origin was, just telling me that he was the best spearman in a faraway kingdom.

I thought Father might be a Royal Knight, or at best, someone who is below the Count title, after all, that is what he often taught me in regards to Knights having titles. 

Ah...All this thinking is getting me light-headed, and possibly sleepy.

Oops. Why do I feel like... 

Sleeping.

I can't seem to fight...

-----

"Do you have to do that, Father?" Rowen gritted his teeth, annoyed.

"That child has quite the mental fortitude," William commented.

The moment William stared at the child's pale golden eyes, he channeled mana to his eyes, activating a simple hypnotic spell. 

Even with just a projection, no distance can fight against his greater mana and spell. 

But despite that, Arisia was able to hold on for a minute when most omegas and alphas were not able to hold on for 10 seconds.

That alone was able to tell William that the child has great mental fortitude and resistance to mental magic. 

Ashid gently patted the child's head leaning on his shoulder. 

"Your Majesty, why do you need the child to be asleep?"

Ashid sighed. 

"...I would try to convince the council. But do not expect a positive response."

"We will not." Franz is associated with most of the council members and is familiar with their temperament, as well as their hatred of Alphas.

"Son, the best I could do was put her on an observation period." William looked at the sleeping child.

Rowen pouted and stayed silent, but nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Franz bowed his head. 

"We could also put Arisia to scientific observation, providing another protection to her. Arisia, despite being affected by intense pheromones, can hold onto her reason and stay sane. That's not normal at all. We have conducted the same test with the Alphas, none with good results. This probably has something to do with that magical spring." Ashid added. 

5