Chapter 17|Someone’s Attempt
169 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arisia

I stared at the passing scenery while comfortably leaning back on the softness that the seat provided. 

The temperature of the whole carriage remained cool despite the shining ball of heat above. Guess it's another set of magic runes running around.

'Would Ashid kill me if I told him that I wanted to try dismantling one of his carriages?' 

A little impulsive thought lingered in my head before a mint pheromone scent halted my thoughts. 

'Mr. Varyll's pheromones.' I blinked, sniffing the air one more time to make sure. 

'It is Mr. Varyll's. Why is he releasing pheromones again? I thought the 'tests' stopped once I got off of the ship.' I glanced at the silent vampire sitting in front of me. 

He won't meet my eyes. Why? 

I placed a hand under my chin and decided to stare at him. You won't stop your pheromones? I won't stop staring then. 

Hmm... Mr. Varyll is handsome. I nodded to myself and continued staring at his handsome profile.

Omegas, despite being males, has more feminine beauty than females. And like the opposite, Alphas are more masculine despite being females.

But of course, this is the world's rule after all. 

The same could be said for me. Despite inheriting Father's beautiful looks, I have a more masculine face and impression.

Now that I noticed, Mr. Varyll's eyes look gorgeous and very light when shined upon. Ai, how nice to look at. 

He is quite fair-skinned too. Is it because he is a vampire? 

With brown eyes and hair, he really looks like a soft brown dog to me. And that soft fluffy hair, my hands are itching to pat it. 

'Would he be angry if I pet his hair?' Forgetting about the dense smell of mint pheromones, my thoughts revolve around whether I should pet his head or not. 

Should I risk it?

My right hand moved, but instead of going to Mr. Varyll's head to pat his hair, my hand reached for the enchanted bag hanging on my pants gifted to me by Franz.

Without wasting time, I also tackled Mr. Varyll down to the carriage floor. 

"Ms. Arisia, what are you goi-!" Mr. Varyll reacted violently, but before he could continue questioning me, a loud explosion came.

Boogsh!

The carriage rattled and shook strongly. The ground moved from the strong impact and I could hear the commotion outside. 

This carriage has good defensive runes but unfortunately, it won't be able to take another strong attack like the first one. 

I sighed in relief when no other strong attack landed on the carriage. I sat up and looked at the widened brown eyes staring at me. 

"Are you okay, Mr. Varyll?" I inquisitively asked.

"...I'm fine." I got a small answer back. 

"That's good." I stood up and helped the quiet vampire to sit back in his original position. 

"Well, let's see what happened outside." Wielding the golden spear in my right hand, I opened the carriage door.

"Looks like someone is really out for my blood." I whistled upon seeing plenty of people in black cloaks fighting against my 'guards'. 

'Should I start sweeping them?' I thought for a moment, but seeing my 'guards' being able to kill these assassins, I decided to focus on another target.

"Where are you, little sneaky mage?" I muttered under my breath before running straight to the forest.

"Ms. Arisia-!" I could hear Mr. Varyll's screaming my name but I need to apologize, I'm on a hunt for the little cutie.

4