Infinite Dungeon (1)
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering the infinite dungeon, Alexandre immediately saw some big text saying “FLOOR 0”. This was followed by a large door and some torches that provided a dim light in the room. Pushing open the door, Alexandre saw at least 20 people fighting some weird-looking monster that can only be described as a cross between a bat, a snake, and something else. It looked grotesque, but Alexandre had seen worse. The room was surprisingly bland, but well lit. 

Drawing his gun out, Alexandre steadied his aim and shot at one of the creatures. While mostly everyone else was fighting with their fists, Alexandre had killed one of the creatures in one shot with a pistol. The sound of the gun going off echoed in the room, causing everyone to turn and look. Looking around, Alexandre felt many enraged gazes aimed at him. A singular parcel of sweat rolled down his face. Looking down to avoid these gazes, Alexandre noticed that a sword took the place of the corpse of the creature.

Examining the sword, it seemed fancy but rushed to be put together. Its black, gold, and white complemented each other nicely on the sword, and it looked recently sharpened. Picking up the sword, a noise pinged in Alexandre’s head. Confused, Alexandre looked around and noticed the cerulean panel again.

[Gained 1 gold coin!]

[Gained sword “Aurorabane”!]

[Description: Formed by Zefvr, the Blacksmith of Stigmas, to keep the light out in fear that angels would descend from the sky by day and condemn him to hell.]

[Ability: Do 100% more damage during daybreak]

[Stats: Damage - 20]

Not knowing how to use a sword, Alexandre rapidly flailed it around and hit one of the creatures lightly, slicing through and killing it instantly. The blood splattered onto Alexandre’s clothes, since the sword hit a major artery of the creature.

[Gained 1 gold coin!]

[Gained skill “Casual Sworduser”!]

[Gained 2 Dexterity!]

[Leveled up!]

“Oh, so this isn’t just sharp, it’s sharp sharp.” Alexandre thought as ignored the pings and slowly lowered the sword so as to not hit anything. Alexandre also noticed that two panels were still open. Not knowing how to close them, he tried everything including swatting at them, throwing items, and giving it the sword he had just picked up. 

Finally, Alexandre thought of the word “close” out of frustration and all of the panels closed.

“I-it was that easy!?” Alexandre screamed internally because of his stupidity. Realizing that if “close” worked, then “open” could work, Alexandre quickly tried it. The cerulean panel appeared once again, this time showing basic information about Alexandre. Thinking this looked kind of like a game, Alexandre thought of a status window. Another cerulean panel was pulled up, this time pulling up a status window.

[Lv. 2]

[Agility - 20]

[Endurance - 23]

[Strength - 24]

[Dexterity - 27]

[Wisdom - 20]

Alexandre quickly came to the conclusion that his stats are average after looking at some other people in the same room performing way better than him. Deciding he should take some time on this floor before moving to the next, Alexandre killed creatures for a few more hours and learnt how to use the “information panels” as he called it.

After some hard training on “Floor 0”, Alexandre decided to move onto “Floor 1” of the infinite dungeon. Now being level 6, Alexandre reasoned that Floor 1 should be easy but harder than Floor 0.

“It took a while, but I think I’m ready for this.” Alexandre said to himself. “Everyone else had already left Floor 0 just minutes ago, so I guess we formed a pseudo-group?” Pushing open the doors of Floor 1, Alexandre was met with a rather simple maze that had no bad routes. Essentially, 16 walls and a door.

The creatures on this floor were the same as Floor 0, but with a new species that looked like a jackal of sorts. As this creature approached Alexandre, he properly swung his sword, cutting the creature in two. 

[Gained 3 gold coins!]

[Leveled up skill “Casual Sworduser”!]

[Gained 3 Dexterity!]

“That time, it gave me 3 gold instead of the usual 1. Maybe I should’ve come here earlier?” Alexandre reasoned with himself. Alexandre entered his “grind mode” for the next half-hour until reaching level 8. Afterwards, moving on to Floor 2 which was basically Floor 1 with more walls. During that time Alexandre gained 2 more passive skills and leveled up to level 10, one being “Stealth” and another being “Newbie Blacksmith”, the latter being gained after a failed attempt at creating more bullets for his gun.

Deciding to leave for Floor 3, Alexandre walked towards the door but saw a group gathered at the door and heard what sounded like an argument. 

“Now what’s this about?” Alexandre questioned, intrigued about the conversation. Trying to see what the commotion was about, Alexandre slyly eavesdropped in.

“We can’t go in there!” a male figure claimed vehemently. “Apparently there’s a miniboss in there surrounded by enemies!”

“Oh yeah? And how do you know this information? How do we know you’re not just making it up so you can go in there later, and prevent us from going in there by scaring the wits off of us?” a female figure asked in an interrogative tone.

“Because me and my group pushed open the door once and saw at least 5 human corpses in there! All of us threw up at the sight of it! We don’t want to die again, and I’m sure your group doesn’t want to either!”

Seeing her group starting to falter, the female figure called them all cowards and pushed open the doors herself. Seeing nothing but darkness, the female figure scoffed and turned around.

“See, I told you that this guy was just trying to get his own private looting room. Look at him now, hahaha!” the female figure boasted to her group. However, both groups looked with shock behind the female figure.

“Huh? What’s wrong with you guys-” the female figure started, but was soon muffled by many hands grabbing her and pulling her into the room. Muffled screaming echoed in the entirety of Floor 2, causing a large enough commotion for everyone present on the floor to immediately rush over to the doors.

[Gained skill “Eavesdropper”!]

[Gained 7 Wisdom!]

Alexandre was horrified by this, and at a complete loss for words. The uncertainty of whether he just witnessed a killing or a kidnapping got to Alexandre’s mind. Knowing he could’ve been like the person he just saw struck him to the core. Frozen in place, Alexandre suddenly became even more aware of his surroundings and that danger was everywhere he looked and that he needed to get out of here quickly. Suddenly, Alexandre was illusioned once again by a voice from behind him.

“Floor 3 sounds easy if it’s only one boss and a couple of these creatures.” the voice from behind him stated. When Alexandre turned around, no one was there. Brushing it off as just hearing something, Alexandre turned back around and witnessed the doors opening and closing at rapid speeds.

“Huh?”

0