Infinite Dungeon (2)
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexandre ran over to the door to Floor 3 and pushed open the doors in a desperate attempt to save whomever just ran inside. 

“H-hey wait! Don’t go in there!” the male figure warned. “Please!”

Ignoring the person, Alexandre continued. Entering the floor, Alexandre was met with an endless void of darkness and a sudden feeling of despair, uncomfort, and melancholia. Toughing through it, Alexandre walked further into the darkness.

Hearing the sound of running behind him, Alexandre turned around in preparation for whatever could jump at him. His sword was already drawn and ready to slice anything. Finding a wall, Alexandre stuck close to it and ran his hand across it as he walked. The sound was closer this time, and Alexandre started swinging his sword at nothing but air. Calming down, Alexandre continued to stay close to the wall until he found a corner.

“Is anyone here?” Alexandre called out, under the impression he was safe near this corner. No one answered back. A bright light was suddenly lit in Alexandre’s corner of the room. Thousands of footsteps were audible soon afterwards.

“What the hell?!” Alexandre exclaimed out of utter fear. Moving away from the light source, Alexandre saw thousands of creatures running towards the light and trying to eat the light source. “Holy shit! That could’ve been me!” Alexandre accidentally said out loud. Quickly covering his mouth, Alexandre ran over to where another corner should be. Another light source appeared and the creatures went towards that light source. Alexandre screamed and ran to the center.

Calming down yet again, Alexandre took a short breather. Alexandre went deep into his thinking during this short time. Thinking how to get out of here if he couldn’t see the door. Thinking if he could see the door, then how? Then something clicked.

“I wonder, is this some sort of puzzle or game?” Alexandre realized. “If every corner has a light, then I can at least guess that you have to get every light on? If that’s so then…”

Alexandre went towards where a corner should be, knowing that this room is square or at least a quadrilateral. Sure enough, a light was turned on and the creatures rushed over to where the new light was lit. Still scared, Alexandre jumped at the sight and ran to the final corner. The light source was lit.

Rumbling suddenly echoed in the room and a new light source was lit at the very center of the room. This light source slowly lit up the entirety of the room. It was very dim, however, and very slow lighting up the room.

The creatures rushed over to the light source mindlessly and slowly vanished starting from whatever part of the light touched first. Feeling safe, Alexandre waited for the light to cover the entirety of the room. Closing his eyes for a couple of minutes, Alexandre felt at some sort of peace. Quickly putting down his sword next to him, serenity took him over.

“Wait.” Alexandre paused on his own time of peace, “It feels far too calm in here. Didn’t they say that a miniboss was here?” Opening his eyes, Alexandre saw that the light had nearly covered the entire room. Slowly a large figure was revealed out of the darkness that was at least 10 times the size of Alexandre. 

The large figure’s body was covered in armor, from head to toe. However, its body was unequal in proportions with one arm being larger than the other and one leg being as small as a human’s.

“The fuck is that!” Alexandre yelled. The serenity was now gone, and a feeling of demise took over. Getting up, Alexandre picked up his sword and rushed to the door he had gone through when he entered. As the light hit the monster’s eye, it awoke and spotted Alexandre. Starting to crawl towards Alexandre, the monster got quicker and quicker.

Alexandre, now at the door, tried to open it but to no avail. Now screaming and not wanting to die a second time, Alexandre barraged the door with hits but to no avail. With no choice left, Alexandre drew his sword. Now realizing both the gravity of the situation, and the true size of the monster, Alexandre tried to flee but was backhanded by the monster into the wall.

As Alexandre was being flung into the wall at high speeds, the world became a blur. Alexandre didn't even know what happened. Finally on impact, Alexandre heard his bones crack. He couldn’t feel his back. Shortly afterwards, he started to cough up blood - nearly a pool of it. Paralyzed from the pain, Alexandre could only put his back in a comfortable place to prevent pain and to prevent slumping over.

[Gained 4 Endurance!]

[Gained skill “Minor Pain Resistance”!]

His grip on his sword faltered and weakened, causing it to fall to the ground. Even though the pain was slightly less, it could still be felt. Alexandre determined that this would be his second death, and that he would leave for the heavens once more.

“I guess this is it.” Alexandre thought. As the monster crawled towards Alexandre, it slobbered all over the place. Realizing the creature was walking slow and cautiously, Alexandre thought about pulling out his gun.

“I mean, I might as well try…” Alexandre thought after some consideration. Pulling out his gun, Alexandre aimed at the armored monster and shot through the gaps in the helmet of the monster. With such a weak grip, Alexandre thought he stood virtually no chance. Pulling the trigger once, the bullet went towards the monster’s eye. It was aimed at such an angle that it could easily pierce its eye. 

As the bullet continued forward, it hit an ocular nerve and broke through the skull. Hitting the frontal lobe, the bullet continued through carrying the same exact speed. Now that the bullet was entering the parietal lobe, the monster started to fall over. Exiting the skull, the bullet lost its velocity but did the job well.

The monster fell on the ground and started to twitch uncontrollably. Its brains had been blown out and scattered all over the place. 

“That was… lucky?” Alexandre said, amazed and confused at what just took place. Looking at the sight, Alexandre wanted to throw up but he held it down and kept it in to his taste’s dismay.

[You have killed miniboss “Krykzold, Abomination of Massacres”!]

[Gained 10 Endurance, 10 Agility, 4 Dexterity, and 5 Strength!]

[You are now being healed!]

“Huh? It doesn’t hurt anymore!” Alexandre exclaimed, relieved he wouldn’t have to experience death again. “Oh, there’s still more?”

[Gained armor “Chestplate of Dusk”!]

[Description: A light piece of chest armor forged by Zefvr, Blacksmith of Stigmas, after getting captured by demons that made a deal with angels to kill him. Due to Zefvr’s craftiness, however, he was able to collect enough materials to keep the demons out of his home. From these materials, Zefvr created a chestplate which protected him from demons and angels alike.]

[Ability: Near dusk, this chestplate increases your Wisdom by 20. Protects you from death by holy and demonic beings at any time, however it attracts negative attention from all holy beings. They may show suspicion or hatred of you.]

“Is that my second piece from this Zefvr guy?” Alexandre pondered. Putting on the armor, Alexandre felt somewhat smarter. Thankfully for Alexandre, the chestplate was also light on him.

[Alert: Synergy detected between “Aurorabane” and “Chestplate of Dusk”!]

[Inputting permanent stats…]

[Gained +15 Permanent Dexterity!]

“I guess that’s nice?”

Getting up, Alexandre got up and realized the boss didn’t disappear yet. Without a second thought, Alexandre decided to get revenge on the monster. Stabbing it and lacerating it several times with his sword across its body, Alexandre felt satisfaction that it died as painfully as possible. When Alexandre finally got down to its stomach he stabbed as hard as possible. Then, something grabbed at his sword.

“Eeek!” Alexandre squealed, pulling his sword out. Out with his sword came five people, alive and well. “Ahhh! Zombies!” Alexandre screamed as he ran away with his sword.

“Ahhh! Monster!” the five yelled as they ran away.

0