Ixurus City
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some thorough explanation, Alexandre realized that the five people are indeed not zombies and the five people realized that Alexandre is indeed not a monster. The five introduced themselves as David, Alena, Ruben, Teuvo, and Claudia. They explained to Alexandre that they were a group that tried to rush through the dungeon in an attempt to complete their objectives. Upon reaching Floor 3, they were swallowed and killed by the monster Alexandre was fighting just a few minutes ago.

“But, shouldn’t there be seven people here? I saw someone rush in and I saw someone get snatched by the monsters.” Alexandre questioned.

“They might still be in shock about what happened. Check inside this guy’s stomach again.” David stated

Cutting a circle in the stomach, Alexandre found the girl from earlier but that was it. Alexandre was confused by this and started to question whether he truly heard the voice or not. Remembering his curse, Alexandre wondered if it was because he had enough money to buy something related to his objective.

“Well, we’ll be on our way now! We won’t rush through this dungeon ever again!” Alena exclaimed, laughing. The entire group laughed with her. They exited Floor 3 and went back to Floor 2 for more training.

“Well, they seemed friendly.” Alexandre thought to himself. “That was a nice encounter, however…” Alexandre felt he was not ready to continue to Floor 4. “If that was just a miniboss, what would be the boss or even the creatures beyond this point?” Alexandre pondered on this thought.

Determining that if he went further he would die, Alexandre went back to Floor 0 and slaughtered any enemies that came at him or near him on his way. Exiting Floor 0, Alexandre went back to the starting place and started to admire its beautiful architecture and its connection to the outside. He once again felt the fresh air in this world that could never be dreamed of on Earth. Snapping out of it, Alexandre walked towards the grass.

Treading carefully, Alexandre roamed into the forest in the dark. Hearing noises all around him made him self-conscious of his surroundings. Moving quicker, Alexandre drew his sword just in case anything tried to attack him. Making it out of the forest, Alexandre saw a city. From his observations, it looked like how a city would look in the Renaissance Era.

Running towards the city, Alexandre realized something. In the infinite dungeon, he had no need for food, water, or sleep because he didn’t feel those things. However, out here, he did indeed feel hungry, thirsty, and tired. His stomach grumbled for food and slowed him down tremendously, his thirst gave him a headache, and his tiredness made him slump. Reaching the city, Alexandre collapsed at the entrance.

“Hey! Are you okay?” a guard asked. Alexandre gave no response as he was in heavy sleep. “Shit…”


Alexandre woke up to an unfamiliar ceiling. It looked rather fancy. With blurred vision, he could barely see a thing other than this ceiling. At this point in time, Alexandre was one with the ceiling and the ceiling was one with him.

“Well, look who woke up.” a voice spoke with satisfaction.

“W-where am I?” Alexandre asked sluggishly.

“You’re in Ixurus City, and this is a hospital. Well, really, it’s a hotel but that doesn’t matter right now.” the voice explained, “Do you feel okay?”

“Yeah, I feel fine - just slightly tired.” Alexandre stated, starting to stand up. “How did I get here?”

“Well, our city guard found you collapsed on the ground. One more inch away, and you would’ve hit hard concrete with your head. First name and last name if possible.”

Now looking at the person speaking, Alexandre could see that he had an athletic body, and was at least 24. Their brown eyes, black hair, and clothes made them look modern. Alexandre picked the sheet he was to sign his name on. Reading everything on the sheet, down to the fine print, Alexandre signed his first name and last name in ink using the quill pen provided.

“Alexandre Cassius, is that right?”

“Yep.”

“So, are you a reputable noble or something along those lines?”

Thinking carefully, Alexandre shook his head no. Alexandre thought like this: If he said he was a noble, he would be found out quickly. Also, people would act inferior to him in his presence which would be unpleasant for him.

“Ah. You don’t see people have last names that often, you know. So, I’m guessing you’re a lesser noble of lesser reputation or a member of a fallen house?”

Alexandre stated he was, indeed, part of a fallen house. He thought that it would be unusual for this world’s inhabitants to have a commoner with a name, and that it would be unusual if he were to tell them flat out he’s from another world. Plus, being noble of a fallen house should still technically be considered being a noble.

“That makes sense, since your clothes are very unique. Well, you’re free to go now. Your sword and other items are in Item Storage Services, it’s downstairs to the left. You’re #1341”

“Alright.”

Alexandre stood up and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. Heading down the stairs Alexandre witnessed a one-sided bar fight. He didn’t even bother. Turning to the left, he went into the Item Storage Service room. Looking for his number, Alexandre heard a crash from behind him. He didn’t bother.

Reacquiring his items, Alexandre pseudo-holstered his sword, put his gun in his right pocket, and put on his armor. Walking out of the Storage Service room, Alexandre was grazed by a fireball. With no time to react, Alexandre was startled.

“Ah, shit! That burns!” Alexandre screamed.

“I-I’m so sorry sir!” a guy’s voice apologized. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah! Jeez, what even hit me!”

Rubbing his face, Alexandre sighed. Walking out of the hotel, Alexandre was pissed.

“I don’t know what’s worse, the infinite dungeon or being out here.” Alexandre whispered under his breath.

Suddenly, Alexandre heard quick footsteps from behind him. Turning around, Alexandre saw a woman running full force at him. Out of pure reaction, Alexandre started to run away from the lady. Not knowing his surroundings, Alexandre ran without direction.

Making a hard right, Alexandre started to run through a market. Checking behind him, he saw nothing so he started to slow down and catch his breath.

“What purpose… was there… for her to chase me?!” Alexandre thought as he panted. From a building above, the woman prepared to attack Alexandre. Alexandre, thinking he was safe, started to walk slowly through the market. Finally getting out of the market, Alexandre stood confused as he still didn’t know where to go. Running into the alley, Alexandre didn’t know what to do. The woman jumped from the building at this exact moment, knives in hand, and cut Alexandre’s legs causing him to fall. 

“What the hell-” Alexandre was cut off by a knife coming towards him. Alexandre flinched… but nothing happened. Opening his eyes, he realized the knife was being stopped by an unknown force.

“W-what are you! Even high-ranked demonic beings are weak to stuff like this!” the woman yelled out of confusion.

“Get off me! I’m human, you actual dumbass!” Alexandre screamed back as he stood up. Running away, Alexandre saw the entrance gates. The guards were alerted to close the gates, but couldn’t as it was their break time. The woman still followed Alexandre all the way to the entrance gates.

Alexandre only realized this fact after 4 additional minutes of running. Alexandre sat down next to a rock in the forest. Realizing he should probably never go back to that city, Alexandre tried to decide whether to go back to the infinite dungeon or stay out here for a while longer.

[Gained 6 Agility!]

[Gained 4 Endurance!]

“That was only one city, though. There should be many more I can visit and not meet crazy people.” Alexandre thought to himself. Getting up, Alexandre started to head east of Ixurus to wherever that direction would take him.

0