Stars Above Online Part 4/4
516 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haaa~" I let out a satisfactory sigh because I finally was able to rest inside of my room. The cold of my familiar room will never felt uncomfortable for me. I glanced at the clock and found that it was pointing at around..

6 P.M..

"It's time.." It's a little late because of the previous commotion but after Onee-chan dresses me up in one of the pajamas she had that fits me.. she left me alone to fold and wash all the laundries.

"I hope they will not freak out.." I am.. a little scared. After all the intrinsic system of Stars Above Online is that it gives the most realism possible.. which means that the voice and avatar we used are pretty much 100% the same as reality..

"But I.. believe in them as a friend" I am confident that they will accept me anyway.. but it's just the anxiety.

"*sigh*.. No use thinking of it for too long.." I grabbed the the VR system and wore it.. it looked like a normal VR headset with the capabilities of doing a lot of things.. one of them is a full body scan..

"Power.. On" I turned it on and suddenly my vision changes from my bedroom.. to a full white room with nothing in it.

[Stabilizing Unit's Power... Success]

[Checking Unit's Equipment... Success]

[Checking Graphic System... Success]

[Checking Sound System... Success]

[Full Body Scan Commencing...]

...

..

.

[...Success] It took quite a while for the full body scan.. probably around 45 seconds? I think it's still quite fast for the precision of it..

[Welcome To The Universe A38-Type D.. The World of 'Stars Above Online'] I look at the panel in front of me and suddenly without warning...

*WARP*

"Woahh!!" The sceneries suddenly changed into a very beautiful scenery that I don't think is ever possible to be seen.. to see a planet that's not ours from.. space.

[Starting World.. 'Archi'] It showed me the name of the planet that is in front of me..

[Please Choose Your Name..] and without a warning character creation began..

"Name.." I always chose the same name since the past.. I think because the name really represented what we are in reality so we always ended up using it..

"Kiseki.." This is the nickname that I always used alongside them with their own unique nicknames.. 'Shōri' and 'Gushiken' for both Shoichi and Ichiro.

Our nicknames for our games stems from our perspective to each others and so.. my nickname was given by Shoichi and Ichiro, Shoichi's nickname was given by me and Ichiro, and lastly Ichiro's nickname was given by me and Shoichi.

My nickname 'Kiseki'.. represented what I am to them and everyone around us. The child that brought miracles and bring light for everyone around me.

Shoichi's nickname 'Shōri'.. represented what he achieved in life and for everyone around him. A victory that is brought by a competent leader for his team.

Ichiro's nickname 'Gushiken'.. represented his hard work and will to gain what he had gained. An unbreakable fighting spirit of never giving up.

That is us.. the 'Invincible Trio'. But after what happened now.. will they still accept me just like before..? Or they will start treating me like a stranger..? Those thoughts are painful to bear..

[Please Choose Your Class..] After that I was given an easy choice.. the roles in Stars Above Online is differentiated by categories. Those categories includes 'Combat', 'Production', 'Crafter', and 'Service'. Of course those roles are made so every player has a choice they themselves could make.. For the three of us.. it is undoubtedly we'll take the 'Combat' categories. Us three is perfect trio with Ichiro taking the Tanker role and Shoichi taking the Support role. I, myself always takes the responsibility of the Damage Dealer..

The class that I could consider Damage Dealers only includes a small category. But I mainly played ranger or a mage. But this time.. I will play..

"Mage.." I locked my choice instantly. For each scans of the body, only one save file could be made. So people who made the wrong choice couldn't fix them such easily.

The reason I chose the Mage is because of the unique mechanics of the Magics in Stars Above Online. It is said that the Magic really felt like reality and is not only a 'tap tap' kind of situation. You have to control it on your own without the system's assistant. And those mechanics really intrigues me.

[Player 'Kiseki' has chosen.. 'Mage'] The sound of the system rang inside my mind.

[Entering The Starter World 'Archi'..] Suddenly my vision went white as an unknown amount of light hits my eyes completely blinding me.. but in amidst of that I could vaguely hear..

[Welcome To Stars Above Online..]

...

..

.

"Woah..!!" I could now open my eyes and I saw a busy town square in front of me bustling with people and live.

[Shoichi: Ichiro, Ryusei! You guys are done with the Tutorial?] The great thing about this VR gear is that.. it could connect to our phone messages. Which means.. I could just chat them.. well it also has an ingrained mic.

[Ichiro: I'm done! I'll meet you near the [Wayfarer Association]!] They said a word I didn't recognise.. it is quite intriguing.

[Ryusei: I just made my character. I'll catch up soon] I typed and went about to the panel where the Tutorial Quests were shown..

[Tutorial Quest 1 : Go To The [Wayfarer Association]'s Building] It's a pretty straightforward Quest. I also could see the building from here as it was really a tall building compared to the other buildings.

"Well.. let's walk.."

...

..

.

I enjoyed the bustling condition of my surroundings. It felt pretty good that a lot of people wanted to enjoy Stars Above Online as well. I could see there are thousands of players here. I could also see some Natives of The World here opening some stalls and shops. I could also see some weird technology from this world which looks cool..

Well it doesn't take long for me to reach the [Wayfarer Association]'s Building. And I could say.. it looked quite cool. It doesn't have a resemblance of the medieval fantasy kind of building as this world is mostly modern civilization more advanced than ours.

"Woah.. you saw that girl.. she's beautiful..!"

"Yeah, right! If that's how she looks in the real life she is probably a model!"

"Get a grip guys! She looked like a minor!!"

"Well you're right.."

It felt quite awkward being able to listen to all of that.. You don't talk about other people in front of them.. Well it's not like I cared.

'They really are shameless..' I sighed inwardly..

"Well.. ignoring them.." I walked right inside the building trying to finish my Quests as fast as possible.

[Tutorial Quest Completed]

[Tutorial Quest 2 : Register Yourself To Become A 'Wayfarer'

Description:

[Wayfarer Association] is a global team which is made by multiple kingdoms effort in the past. They are responsible for keeping Wayfarers in check as they travel the world for their own purpose in life.

[Wayfarer Association] profits from multiple things. Such as.. [Global Quests] that anyone can take and anyone could make as well, selling loots from your travel to the [Wayfarer Association], and taxes from Wayfarer Merchants activities, entering certain places, and monthly fees.

To be able to travel the world one must have a [Wayfarer's Identification Ring] which holds all your information of your identity inside it.]

'Wow.. they really are cool. Unlike the Adventurers Guild that sometimes are in anime, The [Wayfarer Association] only supports Wayfarer for travels.. which is quite cool to see that the Game are giving us chances to be whatever we wants..' I said as I nodded in satisfaction. I walked towards an open counter and was greeted by the Lady Receptionist.

"Good Afternoon, Miss. What can I help you for?" I flinched a little at both the 'Afternoon' and 'Miss'.. the Time inside the game is flowing at it's own pace where 1 minute in real life is 2 minutes inside the game. And such a difference of time is made.

"W-Well.. I wan't to register as a Wayfarer" I communicated with the receptionist. It felt really nice to be able to talk to natives here and not like other MMORPG where you just have a text dialogue.

"Certainly, Miss. Please fill out this form.." She said as she slides out a piece of paper and pen towards me. I read the contents of the paper and found that it was your player's data you need to write down.

'Okay..' I picked up the pen and stared writing.

'Firstly.. [Name]' It is undoubtedly that I will write 'Kiseki'.. after all it is a name I currently uses.

'Secondly.. [Class]' I wrote down 'Mage' as I commited to became a Mage anyway..

'Lastly.. [Codename]' It was something that I don't know what it's about. Well.. I could just ask her..

"U-Um.. What is [Codename]?" It's something akin to a nickname I assume..

"A [Codename] is a name that is used for the data of [Wayfarer Association]. It serves as a safe proof of data as so no fakers could emerge" She explained in details all of the things I needed. It is a pretty interesting system where they could prevent fakers so that both could have the same benefits.

'I think my best suited codename will be..' I thought about it for a while and finally came on the conclusion of..

'Witch Of Cosmos' is what I wrote for my codename. Then I gave the form back to her and while she examined the form, I took my chances to look around more.

'On the right..' On the right of the counter is a pretty giant board filled with papers and multiple attendants attending the people who are requesting to look at those papers. I assume it is a quest board.

'On the left..' Is mainly a place for waiting while next to them is another counter that has 'Exchange' written over it. It is probably a place where we exchange our loots and pay for some stuff.

'On the front..' Besides the counter that I am currently on were multiple doors that probably leads to multiple different passageways for the other rooms in the building. There are signs that have 'Staff Only' written on them.

"It's been confirmed, Miss Kiseki" The attendant suddenly spoke and my attention was driven back to her.

"Here is your [Wayfarer's Identification Ring], this holds your important datas which are used to enter multiple countries and is a way to know your identity. Please note that every records will also be written inside the ring."

The attendant said with detail. I nodded in confirmation that I understood all things that she said and wore the ring on my ring finger.

"You are currently placed on the lowest rank which is [Rank: F]. You need to complete certain tasks to upgrade your Rank which also gives more benefits that would be explained later. Good luck on your travels, Esteemed Wayfarer" She bowed a little and I could only nod at her and walked away.

[Tutorial Quest Completed]

[Obtained Item [Wayfarer's Identification Ring] 1x]

[Tutorial Quest 3 : Finish Your First Global Quest]

I saw my quest and sighed a little. They are giving such vague instructions on how to do things.. but it's also a way to give freedom for the player I guess?

"I should meet them first.." I thought about both Ichiro and Shoichi..

"Sure.." I opened up my chat and typed..

[Ryusei: Where are you guys meeting up?] I asked them.

[Shoichi: We are outside the [Wayfarer Association] building. Where are you?]

[Ichiro: Are you inside the building right now?]

[Ryusei: Yes, I'll meet you guys soon..]

[Shoichi: Great! We wanted to start our first Global Quest with you]

[Ichiro: It's more fun together!!]

[Ryusei: Yeah.. I'm coming. Just don't be surprised!]

And so with that I braced myself and took the steps to exit the [Wayfarer Association]'s building to finally meet my friends.. I wonder how they'll react..

'I could only hope.. that they'll accept me as always..' I thought silently in my mind but I kept myself calm as to not hope for too much..

23