Ch.1 The ‘Invincible Trio’ Part 1/3
463 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is a saying.. that 'One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind'. It is sometimes not an exaggeration and for my current condition it could be said that every step that I took will end me in a different place. But I never strayed away from my path and I kept on walking forward.. to where? To my friends..

*PUSH*

I opened the door and the light of the sun hits my eyes quite hard. I reflexively covered my eyes with my hand.. Once I could fully open my eyes.. I looked around and not long after I spotted them.. Shoichi and Ichiro with their nicknames written right above them.

"*sigh*.. I could do this.." I was bracing myself to even just meet them and I couldn't bring myself to avoid them as I am their friend and they are my friends.

*TAP* *TAP* *TAP* *TAP*

The noisy sound from the other places seemed to be silent as only the sound of my steps that could be heard. Slowly but steadily I approached them and they also realised it.. and not long after I was in front of them..

"Kiseki.. are you.. Ryusei?" Shoichi immediately hits the right mark. No one would have been using this name after all as it is an unique name..

"What?! This cute girl is Ryusei??" Ichiro seemed to find it hard to believe. Well.. it's kind of understandable.. After all, no one would be able to change gender fully.

"Yes.. it's me. Ryusei." I said while nodding my head. They were quite in disbelief as it's hard to accept your friend who is a boy for all you know him for.. suddenly became a girl with a full transformation.

"But how..? You have a lot of explaining to do.." Shoichi said while fixing his glasses that is somehow also in this world..

"Yeah! I mean it's unbelievable!" Ichiro also added to the previous statement.

"Well.. I understand that.." I said with a forced smile. I mean.. I also couldn't believe it but.. this is how it's been so I need to accept it rather than denying it.

It is understandable that they could think of me as a freak after this.. and I would be forced to willingly accept it.. after all who would really believe and trust someone who suddenly said his gender changed and became like this.. I am very lucky to have Onee-chan accept me.. but I cannot hope that everyone does the same.

But still.. their response.. is something that even I would not guess..

"Well! That's that. Let's play!" Suddenly Ichiro switched side very quickly. He was just very confused before but now he is back to his cheerful self..

"Ichiro.." I was really feeling guilty..

"Don't concern yourself over the matter, Ryusei. I knew it's you because it is you and no one else. Even if you physically change.. we are still always the 'Invincible Trio' y'know?" Shoichi said with a smile and understanding.

"Shoichi.." I was wrong.. it was wrong and I myself knew it.. I wanted to protect my identity.. and so I desperately clinged towards my expectations of rejection.. even after I have known them for a very long time.. it seems that I still have doubt for them.. what a pitiful self..

After a long and awkwardly painful silence of mine.. suddenly Ichiro extended his fist and said..

"To our fun in this game?" He said with a cheeky grin. I could only sighed with a small smile behind it as I glanced at Shoichi who also had the same expression as mine..

"'To our fun!!"' I am glad that they accepted me.. I don't know what I will do if they started to avoid me.. as they are my friends and only bestest of friends.

'I see.. they will always accept me even if I am different.. that's just how our friendship works..' I thought with a bright smile on my face.

"So, what class did you choose, Ryu- ah should we still address you the same..?" Shoichi was concerned with my wellbeing..

"I agree. You looked pretty nervous even trying to talk to us! Should we addresses you the same or a different way?" They really cared about me.. it made me feel quite bad about actually doubting myself..

"I think.. you should refrain using my r-real name.." I said nervously as I stuttered a little.

"Hahahaha! Don't need to worry! If I would be in your shoes, I would panic and be unable to actually think correctly!" Shoichi laughed while scratching the back of his head.

"I mean, everyone would worry if this actually happened.. but I think we should still meets up offline. Tomorrow seems good, I think?" Ichiro asked while looking at me, while Shoichi already seemingly agreed with him.

"I- I mean, sure! I would love to!" I said a little enthusiastically. It seems that I am still a little bit too happy that they are treating me the same as before.

"Okay! Then, it's decided! Tomorrow, at 1 P.M we'll visit your house!" Ichiro is also quite enthusiastic. Well.. it's probably his way of getting out of his duty at home..

"That's great, for now let's do our first Global Quest now" Shoichi said while fixing his glasses. We both looked at him and nodded as we needed to pass the tutorial first.

"Based on both of your information panels, Ichiro chose to be a Tank and Ryu- Kiseki chose to be a mage" Shoichi analysed our classes quickly.

"I chose to be an Enchanter, a support class as usual" He said with his pride.

"Then, our roles are as usual, right? Kiseki as the main damage dealer, Me as the tanker, and Shoichi as the support and analysts!" Ichiro said happily. Our roles had always been the same way.. even in the real life.

Shoichi always supported us and analysed the situation quickly from the background making the best moves to help us. Ichiro always been in the front defending us from any dangers and protecting us. And I.. always carried them as I.. basically am the most balanced between the three of us.. but I am happy that they always relied on me to carry them up..

'After all.. we are partners.. always will be together no matter what happens..' I thought silently as I watched them argue over what quest they wanted to do.

'"What do you want to do, Kiseki?"' They both asked me at the same time. I could only chuckle seeing that they are still the same as always.

"Do you still need to ask?" I said with a grin and they also returned it with the same grin.

'"Let's subjugate monsters!"' The three of us laughed together while the others only watched us from afar laughing like a maniac together on the street.

...

..

.

"Welcome to the [Global Quest Board]! This board holds all the quest that every wayfarer could take. Right now all of you are in [Rank: F] and such you are only recommended to take [Global Quest] that spans from [Rank: F] to a maximal [Rank: D]" A man is standing right in front of the board explaining the system of the [Global Quest]. It seems that we are still quite in the low rank and such only able to take the quests from that rank..

"If my observation is right, the three of you are still newcomers. Before you take on any quests, I recommend you learn [Skills] that suited your class." The man said as he handed us each a simple map to show where we should go to get our first [Skills].

"I see.. thank you" I said as I read the map and looked at the pointer. The first things that caught my eyes is a shop that is on the very edge of the map and looked pretty isolated.. on the description it was written as 'Ancient Scroll Workshop'..

'This peaks my curiousity..' I thought silently in my mind.

"Well, we will came back after we gain our [Skills]. Thank you very much" Shoichi said while giving a professional smile.

"Thanks a lot!!" Ichiro said with energy and enthusiasm.

The three of us walked away from there and each looked at the map for our own destinations. It seemed that they had determined where they wanted to go..

"I'll see you guys later!" Ichiro is the first one to go..

"Then, I'll get going as well" Shoichi is the second..

"Well.. let's see what's this shop about.. shall we?" I got myself going as well..

'Wouldn't want to be left behind..!' I thought with a smile on my face as I also went sightseeing around..

...

..

.

[Tutorial Quest 3 Part 1: Gain A [Skill]

Rewards: Basic Gears [Rarity: F]

Description: [Skill] is an important part of Stars Above Online as it is the main way to deal damage to enemies and completing certain tasks as well. [Skills] could be learnt from different sources all based on the functions and rarities of the [Skills]. There are an infinite amount of [Skills] in Stars Above Online]

21