Ch.4 Extermination and Subjugation Part 1/5
459 8 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Quest: Destroy A Goblin's Camp

Requirements: Destroy A Goblin's Camp 0/1

Description: In the west of the town inside of the Great Forest Of Unknown lies a Goblin's Camp near the town's walls. Destroy the camp and subjugate all the Goblin's inside!

Status: Ongoing]

...

..

.

"Are you three a [Party]?" We have arrived at the western gate of the city. It is quite busier than any other parts of the city. There is a tension between the guards that are guarding here.

"Indeed, we are leaving for a quest" Shoichi handled all the talkings with the guards as both me and Ichiro stayed silent.

"Please show your [Wayfarer's Identification Ring] to this machine and we will confirm your identity" The guard said which we obliged easily.

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

"Shōri, Gushiken and Kiseki? Is that correct?" The guard tried to confirm our identity.

"It is us" I answered calmly as I looked at the guards into the eye. He seemed to be pretty tense about something.

"Is there any problem here, recently?" Shoichi seemed to pick up the initiative first to talk to them about their tension. The guard seemed a little taken aback by Shoichi's question but he returned his composure quite quickly.

"Recently there is a significant increase in Goblin attacks on this surrounding area" The guard said while pointing at the direction he meant.

"Does it get pretty dangerous?" I asked the guard again and he nodded in confirmation.

"It gets pretty dangerous around here, especially in the night where the most casualties are found.. *sigh*... I just want this to be over.." It seems like it has lasted for quite a while and has given the guards quite the trouble..

"You guys need to be careful out there, the numbers of casualties from Goblins attack is quite high and I don't want to see any of you dead.." The guard said the harsh truth to us. We ourselves already knew it and had decided to not treat this game as a 'game' but another life of us..

'Apparently as well.. it is warned that in Stars Above Online.. once we died once we died permanently inside the game.. although we could made new characters' I thought about the perma-death feature in this game.. this kind of gave me the shivers either in excitement or in fear as well..

"Don't worry! We will live! After all it's us!" Ichiro declared confidently making the other guards also glanced at us.

"Ha-ha-ha-ha! Such confidence, that is good! But do not be overconfident.. don't underestimate Goblins.. it seems that they are coming from this place here.." The guard said while making a mark at our map. It is a very useful information honestly and this quite literally saves us a lot of time and energy to find the Goblin's Camp..!

"Be careful, come back safe everyone iof you" This guard seemed to be a nice person honestly..

"Thank you very much..! Shoichi thanked him as he had given us some pretty useful informations anyway.

"We will come back safely" I said confidently as I am confident that we are able to overcome the hurdles that will come over us in this quest.

"Then we are off!" Ichiro declared our leave loudly as he ran inside the forest while carrying his big ass shield and sword while both me and Shoichi only could sighed and also ran inside the forest to try and catch up to Ichiro.

...

..

.

"Ichiro-" We were about to catch up to Ichiro but then suddenly..

*CLANK*

"Tsk! It seems they are here..!" Ichiro had swiftly parried an arrow that is shot towards him and leaped back onto us forming a defensive line.

"Shoichi, do you see any of them?" Ichiro seemed to be looking around trying to find the enemy but it's futile as the forest is dense and silent..

"Where did the arrow came from?" Shoichi immediately went into work as our strategist and I also kept an eye at our surroundings as well.

*RUSTLE* *RUSTLE*

"There..!" Shoichi immediately points at a direction and I also instantly reacted to his instructions..

"{Magic Bullet}!" After my chant, a bullet-shaped liquid that has a weird colour that looked like the cosmic sky shot towards where Shoichi pointed albeit.. a little inaccurate.

"GYAKKKK!" A goblin.. jumped out from the thick bushes while shrieking in pain.. it seems that my [Magic Bullet] is able to hit it..

"Only one of them..?" Ichiro said a little disappointed.. but I knew.. that this is not the end of it.

"Shoichi.." I called out to Shoichi who also realised the situation we are in..

"It is not alone.." We looked onto our backs.. no our surroundings and realised..

"We are completely surrounded..!" Even Ichiro who has a screw loose in his head recognized the dangers we are in..

"What should we do..?" Even I could feel the tension around us.. Both us and the Goblins are eyeing each other carefully wary of the move each of us might make..

"It is impossible for us to beat this much..!" Ichiro was quite taken aback by their numbers.. if what I estimated is right there are around almost dozens of them around us...

"Ichiro! What skill do you have?" Shoichi asked quickly while still eyeing the Goblins around us.

"[Anchor]! A taunt skill that increases my defense but I can't move while using it! It should reach all of them!" It is a very useful skill to have actually.. other than the downside of unable to move.

"Great! Then please! Kiseki, exterminate them! I'll help..!" Shoichi gave his instructions and we immediately moved..

"{Anchor}!!" Ichiro ran into the middle of the Goblins and activated his skill. His body immediately went stiff while standing up as if he is frozen solid..

"Nice! Then.. {Low Boost}!" Suddenly I could feel my body and mind became lighter..! I immediately looked at Shoichi and he only gave me a thumbs up as an answer back..

"Okay!! {Magic Bullet}!" I shot my [Magic Bullet] at an angle so such one shot could hit multiple enemies..

"HRAHHH!" And also it seems like Ichiro is still able to attack but.. it seems like he just couldn't move from his position..

"{Magic Bullet} {Magic Bullet} {Magic Bullet}" Because in Stars Above Online there is no cool down in using skills we can use it infinitely as long as we're able to chant it and has enough stamina or mana to use it..

"GYAAAKKK!!" "RAHHHHH!!" Lots of Goblins' screams could be heard because of our massacre.

"Shoichi! My skill is about to run out!" Ichiro's skill is about to end and that is actually bad news.. if Ichiro didn't taunt the enemy we must be forced to do hit and run tactics which we had tried to avoid because of the forest's density..

"Damn it! There are still around a dozen of them!" I take a look at the numbers of the enemies and saw that they are all gathering in one place..

"Ichiro! How many seconds left?" I asked Ichiro about his skill's duration time left.. I think I have a plan and I need their cooperations for this.

"7 seconds!"

"It's enough! This is the time to finish the fight!" I looked at Shoichi and he understood the assignment.

*TAP* *TAP* *TAP* *TAP*

I ran towards Ichiro who is still frozen solid which surprised him.. but I have my plans..!

"{Low Boost}!" I felt that surge of power again and I felt confident I could do this..

*CRACK* *CRACK*

"It's running out!" Ichiro informed me but I kept on running towards him..

"Hold your shield up!" I shouted at him and he reacted immediately.

"HAAAAAA!!" I jumped up and boosted myself with Ichiro's shield to jump even higher..!

"{Magic Bullet} {Magic Bullet} {Magic Bullet} {Magic Bullet} {Magic Bullet}!!!" All of those [Magic Bullet]s formed right next to me and my staff. I looked down from above while I am still in the air..

"GOOOO!!!" And released my [Magic Bullet] barrage downwards towards the enemy. Ichiro who saw this immediately placed his shield up to protect himself.. as we don't know if friendly fire is very much real in this game.. and such it is better to not test it.

"GYAHHHHH" "KRAHHHHH" "RAAAAHHHH"

"HRAAHHH!" I successfully killed almost all of the remaining goblins with some successfully dodged all of my [Magic Bullet] but were also killed by Ichiro.

"W-Woah..!!" But I completely forgotten that I was still in the air and such.. I was falling..

"Kiseki!!" Ichiro threw away his shield and sword and ran towards my direction.

"HUP! Phew.. you're safe!" He successfully catches me on his hands.

"*sigh*.. I am never going to do that again..!!" I said while sighing deeply and getting of Ichiro.

"Ha-ha-ha-ha! It's funny seeing you wailing around in mid-air! Ha-ha-ha-ha!" Ichiro laughed out loud to the point that his tears were coming out because of his laughter.

"Are you guys, okay?!" Shoichi came while running to check up on us.

"'We're fine!"' We both said simultaneously while grinning cheekily.

[Battle Has Ended.. Calculating Experience Points] Suddenly we could hear the voice of the system and a information panel appeared in front of our face. It seems like you gain EXP after the battle is finished not after you killed a monster..

[Player 'Kiseki' has leveled up!]

[Player 'Kiseki' has gained [(Passive) Mana Regeneration (Rank: F)]]

[Player 'Kiseki' has gained [(Passive) Magical Control Proficiency (Rank: F)]]

[Status:

Name: Kiseki

Race: Human

Class: Mage (Rank: F)

Level: 1 --> 3

Affinity: Cosmic

Skills:

[Magic Bullet (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Mana Regeneration (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Magical Control Proficiency (Rank: F)]

Strength: 10 --> 12

Agility: 10 --> 13

Dexterity: 10 --> 14

Resistance: 10 --> 12

Defense: 10 --> 12

Mind: 10 --> 13

Spirit: 10 --> 15

Title: None]

"Woahhh! I leveled up 2 times!" I was pretty excited seeing my levels going up. I also got a new skill from this which is absolutely worth it..!!

"I leveled up 3 times!!!" Ichiro also was equally as excited as me.

"I also leveled up 2 times" Shoichi was analysing his stats while me and Ichiro was celebrating our first level ups.

"'Yeah!"' Me and Ichiro done a high five while we are laughing heartily. Shoichi is only sighing while still looking at his stats.. he seemed to be immersed in his thinking.

"Hey.. what stats increases the most for you guys?" Shoichi suddenly asked us and we immediately stopped celebrating and each checked our own status screen.

"For me, it's Strength and Defense!" Ichiro said out loud.

"Spirit and Dexterity for mine.." I said while analysing my status more.. it seems that the growth of my status isn't completely the same..

"Mine is Mind and Spirit.." Shoichi then fell silent after this.. then asked to himself..

"Does it's growth correlates to our class..?" A question that seems to be plausible based on how the stats distributions are. As a Mage and Enchanter, we requires mana to use our skills to the maximum capabilities.. and such it's where it grows the most.. For Ichiro a Tank, one of his most important stats is Defense and such the one that increases the most will be the.. Defense. But still a question remains..

"Why does Ichiro's Resistance stats doesn't increase the same rate..?" Shoichi had the same thought as me.

"That just means it's growth is connected to our activities right? I mean, I was tanking a lot of damage while swinging my sword a lot. It will make sense if the stats that increases the most is my Defense and Strength.." Ichiro explained with a thoughtful face. He posed like The Thinker statue which made him at least look smart..

"That's.. right!! At this kind of times, you're surprisingly smart, Ichiro!" Shoichi said while sounding shocked which made Ichiro choked and got surprised.

"Oi! What do you mean by that, huh?!" He was pointing his fingers towards Shoichi's chest while gluing his face towards Shoichi's forehead.

"You have a problem with that, punk?!" Shoichi fought back by pushing his forehead forward pushing Ichiro back.

"Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! You guys are always the same! Hahahahahaha!" I could only laugh while I stared at their stupid antics which I knew is just a friendly competition between them.

"Let's go! It's time for us to find the root of the problem!" After a while of laughing while hearing them banter back and forward, I decided that it was enough and it's time for us to continue forward..

"Yeah, Kiseki's right! We need to move don't we, 'strategist'?" Shoichi said with a sarcastic tone at the end.

"Indeed we do, smartass!" Ichiro fired back and restart all of their previous banter.

"*sigh*.. I'm just go first" I said while walking away in a chill manner.

"'Hey wait!!"'

...

..

.

Status:

Name: Kiseki

Race: Human

Class: Mage (Rank: F)

Level: 3

Affinity: Cosmic

Skills:

[Magic Bullet (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Mana Regeneration (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Magical Control Proficiency (Rank: F)]

Strength: 12

Agility: 13

Dexterity: 14

Resistance: 12

Defense: 12

Mind: 13

Spirit: 15

Title: None]

20