Ch.5 Extermination and Subjugation Part 2/5
414 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N:

"..." --> Dialogue

'...' --> Thoughts

"'..."' --> Simultaneous Dialogue

[...] --> System related informations or Game information panels

{...} --> Skill casting

...

..

.

"We are close.." Shoichi said while reading the map. In our journey, we also exchanged more information about our stats. Apparently we actually all gained new skills.

For Shoichi, he gained two skills which is [(Passive) Mana Regeneration (Rank: F)] which I also has and [(Passive) Spatial Orientation (Rank: F)]. Apparently [(Passive) Spatial Orientation] is a skill that improves his capabilities in spatial recognition of his surroundings. That also means, he became better in reading maps, finding routes in unfamiliar places. This also confirms our theory of how we gained skill and our improvement in stats distribution.

For Ichiro, he also gained two skills which is [(Passive) Tenacity (Rank: F)] and [(Passive) Sword and Shield Wielding Proficiency (Rank: F)]. Because Ichiro didn't take too much damage in terms of his lost HP.. he didn't gain any regeneration skills.. instead he gained what is called [(Passive) Tenacity] which is still an unknown skill but based on it's name.. it probably means that he won't be knocked down very easily.. he also gained the [(Passive) Sword and Shield Wielding Proficiency] which sounds self-explanatory..

But myself.. well I gained also two skills. The first one is the [(Passive) Mana Regeneration (Rank: F)] which is exactly the same as Shoichi's one and sounds self-explanatory. But the second skill is.. [(Passive) Magical Control Proficiency (Rank: F)]. This skill's effect is pretty much instantly recognized by me.. basically the effect is that I could control my magic better and I also could control my mana better as well..

"Scout our surroundings.." Shoichi instructed we followed his instructions obediently.

"Clear on my side..!" Shoichi whispered as to not making too much noise.

"Clear as well.." I also whispered back.

"Great.. based on the map, the Goblin's camp should be right in front of us" Shoichi said while pointing to our front. Based on my clear range of vision, right in front is a clear opening in the forest and such it is a great place to set up camp.

"Be silent.." We tried our best to walk silently without stepping on any dried branch and leaves on the ground. We also made sure to move in a covert manner as to not reveal our position easily.

"There it is!" Ichiro pointed out as we walked towards the forest's opening and we saw a giant camp on the side of a cliff. It seemed to be heavily reinforced with quite the heavy surveillance around it.

"Hmm.. it's quite big" Shoichi said with a thoughtful tone. He seemed to be thinking of a strategy to break into the camp and destroy it from the inside..

"This seems quite hard for us beginners.. don't ya think?" Ichiro said while looking a little surprised..

"Still it's not impossible.." I said while eyeing some key blind spots that we could use to infiltrate the camp.

"But infiltrating it is a bit dangerous don't you think?" Shoichi shares his thought to us. I do agree a little though.. infiltrating a camp that we have absolutely no informations of is pretty dangerous..

"Why don't we tire out their force while spying on them first?" Ichiro said with an evil grin on his face.

"Ah.. you wanna do the waiting game?" Shoichi said understanding his intentions..

"Well.. I'm going to leave it to you guys to decide" I said while sighing looking at their antics again. I do know what they mean.. it just means they want to farm the Goblins that went out from the camp by assassinating their scouts..

"This is also a good way to learn their patterns and farm some level and experience!" Ichiro said like a salesman trying to convince his client.

"We also could gauge their overall strength this way as well" Shoichi joined in with Ichiro.. seems like both of them had already come into a conclusion..

"Remember.. we had already played for almost 2 hours.. it is recommended to not play over 3 hours and.. our body will still be here if we log off" I said reminding them.. well they kind of shrugged it off and so I could only sigh and follow them.

"Up to you guys then.." I give in and they both looked very happy and even does a high five..

"Well then! You guys know our drill right?" Shoichi said while grinning widely.

"Spread out and farm right?" Ichiro asked the obvious but I just expressed my concerns over Shoichi.. he noticed this and relieved my concerns.

"Do not worry, even Enchanters have a way to defend ourselves you know? We can cast buff to ourselves!" He said while flexing his weapon which apparently could actually be used to hit enemy..?

"We're doing this for 1 hour, after that come back here and we'll rest.." Shoichi reminded us to not be over the top in farming. We only nodded and obeyed what he said..

"Well.. let's start don't we?" Shoichi said then immediately ran into a direction to set up his own farming spot.

"He sure is enthusiastic! Hahahahaha!" Ichiro said while laughing which causes a little commotion but I am able to shut him down.

"Well! I'll go as well! See ya later!" Ichiro said before going into a random direction..

"*sigh*.. They are such enthusiasts.." I sighed tiredly but I am smiling because I myself knew.. that this is my best chance in trying to learn the most Skills..

"Well let's get going as well.." I said before disappearing back into the forest in silence..

...

..

.

"Three of them.. one melee and two rangers.." I muttered as I observed a group of presumably Goblin Scouts.. is what I am calling them.

In Stars Above Online.. we can't see the level of the monsters and any other people other than using a [Skill] or using an external device. But it is extremely tedious to do and pretty much useless. But of course there are probably exceptions. That is what I've known from the guide back then and what is said from the Game Conference.

"It may seem quite unreasonable.. but here's the thing.." I said to myself as I silently observed the Goblins trying to find the best position for them to be eliminated.

"Monsters here has.. a realistic anatomy.." I saw them settling down in a more dense area to cover them from an attack as they stopped to rest and checking their gear.

"That means.. if they got their head pierced with a bullet or explodes into pieces or be decapitated.. they'll die instantly even if they are leagues way above us.." I like this system because this meant that assassination proves to be an useful method for farming now..

"{Magic Bullet} {Magic Bullet}" I aimed precisely and carefully at one of the ranger Goblins and the melee Goblin..

"Go..!" Then when I shot it..

*WHOOOSSHHH* *PIERCE* *PIERCE*

You couldn't even heard both of their scream before they both were left on the ground unmoving.. that is because I aimed precisely at their head instantly killing them.

"Wraa..?" The left Goblin was left quite confused as it saw both of it's friend died in front of it's eyes..

'The reason I didn't kill it with my [Magic Bullet] is because.. I want to save my mana for dangerous encounter.. and also I want to test something..' I thought as I moved around the Goblin's vicinity while making some sudden bush rustling sound making my presence known.

'1..' The Goblin took aim at my place where I hid and so I discreetly moved away without making a sound.

*WHOOOOSHH*

'2..' It shot it's arrow but missed by a huge margin because I had moved away.. it's noted that their shot was quite accurate.. but their intelligence were rather low..

*RUSTLE* *RUSTLE*

'3..' I made more noise as the Goblin turned more vigilant getting ready to shot another arrow..

'4..' I stopped running around after making all those rustling noise and stayed on one spot. I hid behind a tree and such I could be protected from any stray arrow.

*WHOOOSHHH*

'5..' The goblin shot it's arrow and luckily by I hid behind a tree as the arrow went straight into the tree next to me..

'6..' And such I ran again but this making less noise as I ran around.. the Goblin still stayed vigilant as it's scouting around.

'7..' Then on the count of seven seconds.. the experiment on the system I want to test is successful..

[Battle Has Ended.. Calculating Experience Points]

[Player 'Kiseki' has leveled up]

[Player 'Kiseki' has gained [(Passive) Dead Silent (Rank: F)]]

[Status:

Name: Kiseki

Race: Human

Class: Mage (Rank: F)

Level: 3 --> 4

Affinity: Cosmic

Skills:

[Magic Bullet (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Mana Regeneration (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Magical Control Proficiency (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Dead Silent (Rank: F)]

Strength: 12 --> 14

Agility: 13 --> 15

Dexterity: 14 --> 16

Resistance: 12 --> 14

Defense: 12 --> 14

Mind: 13 --> 15

Spirit: 15 --> 19

Title: None]

...

..

.

"As I thought.. around 7 seconds.." I smiled silently. The system where we would gather EXP was after 7 seconds we are out of battle meaning doesn't got hit by the enemy and doesn't use any attack at all.. we will get our EXP even if there are still enemy left..

"Well then.." I muttered as I silently came out of my hiding spot revealing myself to the Goblin. The Goblin immediately take shot at me.. but I have predicted it and immediately dodged sideways..

"WRAAAA!!" Apparently the Goblin is still quite mad because I killed it's friends..

"But.." I ran towards it with cold eyes that causes even the Goblin to shiver..

"I will reunite you with them.." I said with a cold voice before appearing in front of it and swung my staff from the under hitting his jaw knocking it up to the sky..

"WRAHH!!" When it hits the ground again I could still see that it's still moving..

"Come on.." Don't you want to just re-unite with your friends there..? So just do me a favor and just..

"Die.." I walked up to it who was lying on the ground but still able to move..

*WHOOOSHH*

It surprisingly shot an arrow towards me but I reacted quickly and tilted my head sideways to avoid the instant death arrow..

"Nice shot.. now.. Die!" I was above it raising my staff way above my head..

"WRAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

'Such noisy monster..' Then I shut it up with a quick kill by swinging my staff down quickly and using the edge of my staff I pierced it's head.. instantly killing it.. but also making it's blood splattered everywhere.

"Tsk.." Luckily the blood didn't hit me or my clothes or I'll be quite annoyed..

[Battle Has Ended.. Calculating Experience Points]

[Player 'Kiseki' has gained title [Cold Blooded Hunter (Common)]]

[Status:

Name: Kiseki

Race: Human

Class: Mage (Rank: F)

Level: 4

Affinity: Cosmic

Skills:

[Magic Bullet (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Mana Regeneration (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Magical Control Proficiency (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Dead Silent (Rank: F)]

Strength: 14 --> 15

Agility: 15 --> 18

Dexterity: 16 --> 19

Resistance: 14

Defense: 14

Mind: 15 --> 17

Spirit: 19

Title:

[Cold Blooded Hunter (Common)]

Effect:

Reduce [Intimidation] Status effect by 20%

Increase [Intimidation] by 10%]

...

..

.

I didn't level up.. but apparently I could gain [Title] or probably even [Skill] even if I didn't level up.. I probably could also gain them outside of battle by training.. but that's something I'll myself test.

'Heh.. what a fitting title..' My habits in other games still is brought even though my body and mind changed accordingly.. my self habit of a cold blooded monster killer in other games still is present in me..

"HAHAHAHA!" I like this! This is enjoyment! I'll play this game to my fullest and enjoy what this world has to offer to me..

"I'm looking forward to it.. Stars Above Online..!"

...

..

.

18