Ch.6 Extermination and Subjugation Part 3/5
265 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N:

"..." --> Dialogue

'...' --> Thoughts

"'..."' --> Simultaneous Dialogue

[...] --> System related informations or Game information panels

{...} --> Skill casting

...

..

.

"{Magic Bullet}!!" 

"GRAAAHHHH!!" 

"Huft.. that's another group.." 

It's been around 30 to 40 minutes in game since we split up. I have encountered in total around 3-4 Goblin Scouts group.. but weirdly enough I didn't encounter any other monsters.. 

"The Goblins probably had driven them all away with their sheer numbers.." I have killed around more than 13 Goblins.. and I was quite exhausted now.. but I have leveled up quite the bit.

[Status:

Name: Kiseki

Race: Human

Class: Mage (Rank: F)

Level: 7

Affinity: Cosmic

Skills:

[Magic Bullet (Rank: D)]

[Mana Thread (Rank: F)]

[Cosmic Burst (Rank: D)]

[Barrier (Rank: F)]

[Dash (Rank: E)]

[(Passive) Mana Regeneration (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Magical Control Proficiency (Rank: D)]

[(Passive) Staff Wielding Proficiency (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Dead Silent (Rank: E)]

Status Effect: None

Strength: 23

Agility: 25

Dexterity: 27

Resistance: 23

Defense: 21

Mind: 25

Spirit: 34

Title:

[Cold Blooded Hunter (Common)]

Effect:

Reduce [Intimidation] Status effect by 20%

Increase [Intimidation] by 10%]

...

..

.

My status now looked quite full and my proficiency in some Skills has rise quite a bit as well. At level 5, I also gained an affinity spesific [Skill]. It is called [Cosmic Burst] and it was an interesting [Skill] to say the least..

"First time I used it.. it was a disaster.." I remembered the first time I tried this [Skill] it used up all of my remaining mana and it left me exhausted on the ground..

I then ended up needing to practice in my [Magical Control Proficiency] in a bit by trying to control how much mana I need to pour into the [Skill] to not suck me dry and left me exhausted..

I also noticed that in the process of killing the Goblins and resting.. I noticed that I could make [Skills] by actually.. just making them. With enough proficiency, I am able to create some basic [Skills] that is necessary in helping me as a Mage.

The first [Skill] I created was called [Mana Thread] currently ranked at F. It was a simple [Skill] created by my control of mana. By releasing mana in a string-like manner, I could condense my mana into really thin threads like spider threads.. it was quite useful as I could even attach it to my [Magic Bullet] and sling them around.. I mainly used it to immobilize my enemy.

The second [Skill] I created was [Dash] currently ranked E. It's also a simple [Skill] that was made by only focusing mana into my legs and released them in a burst. This made me could release an instant burst of speed capable of taking enemy by surprise. But because of the requirements of it's usage.. I opted not to use it a lot as it is hard to control the speed..

The last [Skill] I created was [Barrier] which is exactly as it sounded. A simple [Skill] which creates a translucent shield made of layers of condensed Mana. This [Skill] is made by accident and is pretty useful in protecting myself from surprise attacks as I could only leave a thin layer of [Barrier] around my body at any time.

"I'm surprised that I could gain this many [Skills].. but I need this all to-" I suddenly got serious and looked at a certain direction.. I coul feel an ominous presence..

"It's coming..!" I flipped backwards to make some distance. With my current dexterity and agility doing simple acrobatics isn't an issue.

*THUMP* *BOOM*

A dust cloud was spread across the previous calm forest.. I could only see a figure behind the dust cloud. The figure is huge.. as tall as around 4 meters.. 

"WRAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" Suddenly it roared aloud causing winds to blow violently causing the build up dust cloud to vanish by the wind revealing what is behind the dust cloud..

"You're god damn joking.. right..?" A giant goblin holding a giant broadsword that is also almost as big as it's body stood proud in front of me eyeing me..

"WRAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" It charged onto me in high speed.. it was very fast despite it's giant body..!!

"Fucking hell..! {Dash}!" I quickly moved out of the way using [Dash] to leap backwards.

"HRRRGGGGHH!!!!" The charging Goblin swung it's broadsword downwards towards the ground..

*BOOM* 

The force behind it was so strong it creates a sound equivalent to an explosion. It also created such strong winds that blew violently everywhere causing dusts to spread again. But before I could get any thinking time, the Goblin's silhouette suddenly appeared charging right onto me again..!

"Tsk! {Dash}!" I could try blocking the attack with [Barrier] but I don't want to take the chance..! I once again dashed out of the way but this time..

"{Magic Bullet} {Magic Bullet} {Mana Thread}!!" I casted two [Magic Bullet]s and connected them with a [Mana Thread] and swung them like a flail towards the Goblin.

*BOOM* *BOOM* 

This causes enough force to be made and created a small explosion where the [Magic Bullet]s hits..! But even that will not be enough to bring this thing down..

"GRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" It just made it even angrier than before..

"Crap.." I could feel the pressure of it even though this thing's is just a game the pressure is real..!!

"WRAAAAAAAHHHHH!!"

'Here it comes..!' I looked at the giant Goblin charging in without any thinking.. it may be very strong physically.. but I am smarter..! 

"HNGHH!" It released a huge grump before it swung it's huge broadsword horizontally towards me..

"Too slow..!" One hit of it's attack will immediately be the end of me.. so I should dodge all of them as best as possible..! 

I jumped up higher than the blade's reach avoiding it completely then while in the air I immediately start another attack.

"{Mana Thread}..!" I silently wrap the giant Goblin in my [Mana Thread] so that when it finished swinging it's sword..

"There..! Hmph..!!" I would tighten the wrap making the giant Goblin immobile..!!

"GRRRRRR!!!" It was shaking with anger but I wrapped him very tight that it couldn't move an inch.. but it couldn't probably hold the Goblin for too long.

And such when I landed on the ground, I immediately tried casting my most powerful [Skill] to immediately end the battle..

"Checkmate.. {Cosmic Bu-" But it was never that easy..! Suddenly my body froze and trembled..

"GRRRRR.....!!!" The Goblin started trembling releasing huge pressure waves around.. it's pressure was such powerful that it creates strong winds all around us!

"Tsk..!" I immediately felt something bad was happening with the Goblin and immediately leaped backwards trying to make distance.. but it's too late..

"GRAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" The Goblin released a huge roar causing a huge pressure waves to be released all around the Goblin which knocked me backwards like I was being hit by an invisible force..!

*BANG*

"Argh-!!" I was launched towards a tree in high speed. 

"Fuck..!" In this game the pain still transfers towards real pain and such this game truly encourages us to be a hardcore souls players..

"Tch! You're going to pay for that..!!" I didn't wait for another attack and be the one in the offensive now.

"WRAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" The Goblin saw me coming at him and readied itself just like it was accepting my challenge.

"You're way ahead of yourself!!" I grinned widely. This is fun, even though I was playing as a Mage doesn't mean I can't diminish the feeling of adrenaline in a direct confrontation.

"{Magic Bullet}..!" I poured in more mana in this [Magic Bullet] than usual making it much more powerful.. but or course my mana is limited and such I could only use this for a few more times before I completely ran out of mana..!

"Go..!" I shot the [Magic Bullet] right into it's eyes in such high speed that it couldn't react to it.

"GRRRR!" It groaned in pain but didn't budge much as it stood there menacingly with it's red glowing eyes..

"Tch!" In those seconds where it closed it's eyes because of my [Magic Bullet] shot.. I took the chance by using it's now blind spot to sneak up to it.

"GRRRAAAA!!" But surprisingly it noticed me there and such uses his big broadsword to flail around trying to get me away. But I didn't back down that easily..

"{Barrier}!" I used [Barrier] not to block it's attack but only to parry it's attack and make myself an opening to restraint it's movement again and end the fight with [Cosmic Burst]..!

*CLANK* 

The sword hits the translucent [Barrier] in an angle that made it knocked away rather than stopping in it's path. This made the Goblin loses it's balance for a while and creates an opportunity for me..!

"{Mana Th-}" But shockingly the Goblin used my parry as an advantage to actually get me away from it..!

"HNGGRAAAAA!!" It suddenly swung down with such force that I must immediately dodge.. if not I'll become a pulp..!!

"{Dash}!!" I immediately used [Dash] to get out of the way of the attack range.

*WHOOOOSHH* *BOOOOMMMM!!*

It's attack was devastating causing a crater at where it was standing.. dust clouds were spread across our battlefield causing our visions to be obscured..

'I need to find a way to beat it.. if not I couldn't run away from it..!' I was practically at a very disadvantageous position.. and if I'd done a wrong move I would have lost immediately..!

"HNGRRHHH!" While I was thinking suddenly the Goblin appeared in front of me already attacking once more. It swings it's huge sword diagonally from above.. 

'There..!!' But suddenly I thought of an opportunity to win..! An advantage that I am going to take..!

"Hmph..!" I barely dodged it's giant sword by a hair strand and right after I dodged it.. I immediately casted..

"{Mana Thread}!" I carefilly wrapped my [Mana Thread] around it's every tendons to restraint it's movement as much as possible. Even though I have a plan.. I still needs to create a situatiom where my plan would succeed!

"HRRAAA!" Not even a second of restraint it immediately broke free.. but it's fine I needed it to keep on attacking me..!

"Hmph..!" Before it can even started attacking again I appeared right in front of it's face and with my balanced strength stats.. I kicked it's face as hard as I could..!

"HNGRHH!" It uses it's other hands to try and brush me off.. but in return I landed on it's face.. and this causes it to slap it's own face with it's full power..!

'I may look like an unsignificant animal in front of it's eyes! But I'll remind it.. why giant animals have a hard time killing small animals..!!' I was like an ant annoying an elephant.. it was unsignificant. But with enough persistence even annoying it would cause it's downfall!

"{Magic Bullets}!" While airborne, I shot a [Magic Bullet] towards it's dominant leg.. which is the right one. It hits right just above the knee. 

*BOOM*

"GRAAAAHHH!" It roared in surprise as it fell down in a kneeling position.

"CHANCE!!" This is the chance that I needed..!! When I landed I without much more thoughts immediately went in!

"{DASH}!!" I used [Dash] and closed the distance in an instant and taking advantage of it's kneeling position, I climbed onto it's neck!

"GRRRRRR?" When it felt something was on the back of it's neck, it tried to swat me away.. but it's too late..

"Checkmate.. {Cosmic Burst}!!!!!!!" I poured in my last remaining mana into this [Cosmic Burst]. 

[Cosmic Burst] is an unique [Skill] that comes from my affinity in Cosmic. It essentially creates a small orb that looks like a small universe and launched it towards the enemy.. the downside of this is that.. it's range isn't very big and it needed to hit the target accurately! But in this situation it didn't matter as it will hit 100%!

"Heh..! Good luck!" I leaped backwards from it's neck while aiming forward and..

"Go.." Shot the orb of [Cosmic Burst] into the Goblin.. the speed is almost instantaneous.. and it's effect is also almost instantaneous..!

*SHINEEEEE* 

Suddenly the surroundings shined a bright light as if an explosion wanted to happen.. but nothing was heard.. no sounds of explosion and not even a trace of explosion could be felt.. does the [Cosmic Burst] fail? No.. [Cosmic Burst] doesn't cause an explosion.. It causes an implosion..!!

*BOOOMMMMMMM* 

The delayed sound was a result of the pressure because of the implosion! [Cosmic Burst] is a [Skill] that uses my affinity in Cosmic.. it was a [Skill] that needed precise mana control. It creates an orb which when it hits an enemy.. it creates an unescapable zone in which.. an implosion will happen similar to a collapsing star!

"I win.." I said as I looked at the remains of the giant Goblin.. it couldn't even be probably said as a remain.. as what is left of it is the still standing lower half of it's body and the handle of the broadsword that is sticking to the ground..

"..." What is left was silence.. a silent victory. A victory where I am too exhausted to celebrate.. I looked at the time and realised that I took around 20 minutes trying to beat this Goblin..

".. At least it is over.." I waited for the notifications to appear and not even a second later.. it appeared.

[Battle Has Ended.. Calculating Experience Points]

...

..

.

"You guys are here.." 

"It seems that we arrived at the same time.."

"Ha-ha-ha-ha, it seems like even you guys will face problems, eh?" 

We all arrived at our previous place at the same exact time. All of them looked tattered but also more powerful than before.

"Are you guys ready?" Shoichi then asked while a smile crept up his face.

"Sure are!!" Ichiro is excited as well. We knew that this quest wouldn't be very easy. But we also knew that this will be fun..

"Let's go..!" I said with a bright and cheeky grin on my face..

"'YEAHH!!!"'

...

..

.

[Author: Next few chapters would be Shoichi's and Ichiro's fight against an elite enemy just like our MC Kiseki here..]

[Author: I hope you guys enjoyed this series!]

18