Ch.8 Extermination and Subjugation Part 5/5
359 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N:

"..." --> Dialogue

'...' --> Thoughts

"'..."' --> Simultaneous Dialogue

[...] --> System related informations or Game information panels

{...} --> Skill casting

...

..

.

"Yeah! This place is awesome!" I was very happy and content about this game. I have encountered quite few Goblins along my way. And the fighting system had been very much fun. Unlike some MMORPG which forces you to play awkwardly. 

Star Above Online provides a very free and unbounded. I could do some very interesting maneuver as I fight. But the stiffness based on my perspective depends on the Dexterity stats. But technique is different.. it's all based on yourself and your creativity and flexibility!

"*Sigh*.." But one problems remained still.. 

"It's still very easy and repetitive!" Even with the realistic fighting with enough fights the patterns between each Goblins really became predictable.

"I need new enemies man-" 

*WHOOOOOSHH* *THUCK*

"Shit! That was close!" I barely dodged an arrow aimed right at my head. 

"I sense something.." I carefully observed my surroundings. While also searching for the direction of the arrow came from.

"Something powerful.." It was something that even probably is way above me in terms of pure strength. But this doesn't stop me of course. After all my purpose it to seek strong opponents!

"With my current stats.."

[Status:

Name: Gushiken

Race: Human

Class: Tank (Rank: F)

Level: 6

Affinity: Light

Skills:

[Anchor (Rank: F)]

[Forward Charge (Rank: E)]

[Warrior of Light (Rank: E)]

[Light Arc (Rank: E)]

[(Passive) Tenacity (Rank: D)]

[(Passive) Regeneration (Rank: F)]

[(Passive) Sword and Shield Wielding Proficiency (Rank: D)]

Strength: 32

Agility: 20

Dexterity: 27

Resistance: 23

Defense: 31

Mind: 17

Spirit: 13

Title:

[Unyealding Warrior of Light (Rare)]

Effect:

Increase Strength, Resistance, and Defense depending on the will to fight (Base Multiplier: +1 Strength, +1 Resistance, and +1 Defense)]

"I could do it!!" I grinned and braced my giant shield in front of me because..

"GRAWWWWWWR!"

*THUMP*

"Hnghh....!!" Something suddenly pushed me backwards with such force it created a trail of me and my shield on the ground. It's strength is commendable.. but don't think I'll just let it domineer!

"{Forward Charge}! HRAHHH!" I used [Forward Charge] so I could gain a momentum of power to push this thing back! 

*THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP*

After a few back and forward it ended in a draw of strength.. but it seems like the enemy or should I say.. enemies aren't that simple!

*WHOOOOSHH* *CLANK*

"Tsk! Not a fair fight, ain't it!" Even though I seemed to be complaining I was grinning widely. 

"HRAAAHH!" I bashed my shield upwards causing the enemies balance to be momentarily disrupted.

"HMPH!"

*SHING* *SLASH*

"GRRRRR!!!" The enemy leaped back before I could slashed it but I also used this position to gain myself some distance. With this distance I take a look at my enemy clearly..

"You are..!!" The enemy is something akin to a nightmare of us Tankers and Vanguards..

"Archer Cavalries..!!" It's not uncommon for us gamers to found Goblin Riders who rode wolf-like monsters. But this one is annoying as hell..! 

"Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Good!! Bring it on!!!" I was excited as this kind of enemy is the one that pushed the adrenaline the most. It was enough for my [Title] to activate!

[Player 'Gushiken' gained (Temporary) +1 Strength, +1 Resistance, +1 Defense]

"Let's go!!" Without waiting I charged in towards the Wolf that the Goblin rode on. It was huge definitely not normal size. If it were standing upright it'll probably be around 3 meter in height!

"GRRRRR!!"

"HRAAAHH!!" 

They both braced themselves of my powerful charge. To win this battle I must use my trump card [Warrior of Light] wisefully. It may be weird but [Warrior of Light] is a self-buff type [Skill]. But I could only use it once per fight because of it's strain on my body I refrained from using it multiple times in a fight. Based on my experiments the duration of this [Skill] is around 10 seconds with my power right now. 

'But it's enough..!' It imbues Light element to my attacks and increases their destructive capabilities and power such significantly. The downside is that it is extremely flashy and easy to dodge and still could be parried. That's why I need to find the best moment for me to strike!

"Hmph!" I charged in with my shield braced in front of my body.

*THUMP*

It creates a loud impact noise and pushed the wolf back a little, but it's not enough for me to gain an advantage on the battle.

"HRAHHHH!" There's another advantage with this position.. Because of my position is very close with the enemy, I became quite immune towards it's archery. Because it can't shot straight down and if it did it would hit the wolf rather than me. And such the only place it would be able to shot too is..

*CLINK* 

"Above!" I looked above me looking like I already expected the attack but.. I immediately widened my eyes in surprise!

"Woah..!!!" I immediately leaps backwards far enough and quick enoug before..

*TSK* *TSK* *TSK* *TSK* *TSK* *TSK* *TSK* *TSK* *TSK* *TSK* *TSK* *TSK* *TSK* *TSK*

More than a dozen arrows suddenly rained down from above me! This Goblin Archer isn't a normal archer..! 

"Tsk! Seems like this two will be quite the extraordinary enemy!" I looked up towards the Goblin Archer and saw it grinned with it's disgustingly evil face.

"Heh.. you piece of shit.. thought you can win against me..?" I was getting annoyed seeing the prideful and confident face of both of my enemies. They think they have the upper hand against me?

"You are getting arrogant!!"

[Player 'Gushiken' gained (Temporary) +1 Strength, +1 Resistance, +1 Defense]

"HAAAAAA!! {Forward Charge}!" I charged in once again but this time I immediately used my [Forward Charge]. 

*TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* 

The sounds of my footsteps resonated throughout the battlefield. This time didn't sit still as well..

"GRAWWWRRR!" By the advantage of it being a feline it had sharp claws and strong core muscles. But it doesn't hinder me!

*SHOOOOSH*

"Weak..!! {Anchor}!" All of My [Skill]s could be cancelled with will and such I cancelled my [Forward Charge] and then raised my shield and once again casted [Anchor] further raising my defense.

[Player 'Gushiken' gained (Temporary) +30 Defense, +30 Resistance]

*THANG* 

"HMPH!" I turned [Anchor] off and I thrusted my sword forward in a quick motion to stab the wolf but..

*TSHK*

"Tsk..! It's hide is thick!!" Although I successfully pierced it's skin the damage is minimal as it's thick hide made it hard for me to pierce through!

"GRAHHH!" Distracted with my sword the Goblin took it to it's advantage and launched another arrow rain.

"Crap!" I instinctively raised my shield up above my head to block the arrows.

*CLINK* *CLINK* *CLINK* *CLINK* *CLINK* *CLINK* *CLINK* *CLINK* *CLINK* *CLINK*

But that block was too reckless.. as now my front is completely open to attack. And the enemies of course saw this..

*SHOOOSHH* *THUMP*

"Argh..!!" The wolf was smart enough to use it's big body and strong power to kick me with frontally on my ribs.

*WHOOOOSHH* *THUMP* 

"Gah!" With it's strong power, the kick sent me flying backwards hitting a giant tree in the end. 

"Fuck..!" I underestimated the enemies too much. I couldn't win with my current condition. If I wanted to win I need to end it faster!

"GRRRRR!" But the enemies didn't seem to have the intention to let me rest at all.

"BRING IT ON!!!" I was very pumped because I found enemies that matched my current skills perfectly.

[Player 'Gushiken' gained (Temporary) +1 Strength, +1 Resistance, +1 Defense]

*SHOOOSHH* *SCHK* *SCHK* *SCHK* 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!" The wolf tried to slice and dice me up completely but I blocked it just in time with my giant shield. This shield is pretty handy!!

"MY TURN!! {Light Arc}!!" I used [Light Arc] which is an agressive attacking type [Skill] that I had. It is meant to be used to attack agressively and fiercely. When I swung my blade it creates a slash of Light that is very sharp and based on my test could even cut through a tree.

*SCHWING* *SWOOOOSHH* *PIERCE* 

"GRRRRRRRRROAARRRRR!!" Turns out it is quite effective in hurting it. 

*THUMP* *THUMP* 

It seems to be very angry and is stomping hardly on the ground..!

*HOP*

"Tsk!" It's rampage is annoying and dangerous. Each of those stomps created a crater wherever it stepped on. The Goblin riding it is also not very happy as it is trying to control the wolf while staring at me with bloodshot eyes like it is saying..

'I will kill you!!' But little did it know.. that I do not care at all!

"You can try me, Fucker!" 

*THUMP* *CRACK* *WHOOOOSSHH*

I charged in top speed creating a crack on the ground where I stood before. My laughter resonating through the air

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Once I was right in front if it, I swung my sword down with my full strength.

"{LIGHT ARC}!!" Once again an extremely sharp slash of light was released from my sword.

"GRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" The wolf released a roar that knocked my slash of light away.

*SHINGGGG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

It ended up slicing multiple trees in it's knocked path.

"TSK!!" I couldn't get any rest as suddenly another barrage of arrows came onto me once again.. but this time..

*WHOOOOOOSHHHH*

"What the-?!" I dodged one of them but suddenly..

"That is unfair!!" The arrows were able to curve their flying path making it look like the were homing arrows!

*WHOOOOOSHH* 

"Tsk!" I tried to dodge them again but.. It's not that they look like they were homing.. they are homing! 

*CLANK* *CLANK* *CLANK*

Without any choice to dodge, I managed to parry a few arrows that came to my way. But doesn't mean they would let me do it freely..

*SHING*

The wolf appeared right behind me swinging down it's claw.. normally this would be unavoidable.. but I am not a normal..!

"HMMMPH!!" 

*TANG*

I swung my shield backwards 180° degrees and hits the claws accurately changing it's trajectory. But this is not only what I need to do as I leap with my shield in hand because of..

*WHOOOOSHHH*

As I was in the air, I saw the homing arrows flying past through where I was before and suddenly flew upwards in a weird trajectories.

"Heh..!" I prepared shield from where the arrows came from and blocked them with it. But with it I also..

"HA!" Launch myself down towards the wolf trying to use my momentum mid-air to give it some damage but..

*BANG* 

"Wha-?!" I felt the shield hits the wolf but when I lifted my shield up I could see the wolf's fur became silver-like in colour.

"GROOOOAAAAAAARRRR!!!" It suddenly trashed around and threw me off into the air. But it didn't only stop there..

"God.. damnit..!!" I looked all around me and saw that there are arrows all around me.. left right, up down, and all around me.. in total I could probably confidently say that there are around 50 arrows around me.. But I also noticed that the Goblin Archer and the wolf had separated and is now fighting separately. 

'Then this is the time..!!' Rather than becoming panic I was smiling and it was plastered clearly on my face. I had saved my ability to use it on this moment.. on the moment where they both are separated..

"{WARRIOR OF LIGHT}!!!!!!" Suddenly my body was covered in a blindingly bright light for others around me.. but for myself..

"OUR FIGHT ISN'T OVER!!!!!"

[Player 'Gushiken' gained (Temporary) +20 Strength, +15 Agility, +15 Dexterity, +20 Resistance, +15 Defense]

*WHOOOOSHHH* 

Every arrow around me immediately flew towards me but.. 

*TING* *TING* *TING* *TING* *TING* *TING* *TING* *TING* *TING* *TING* *TING* *TING*

...

..

.

None of them have any significant damage towards me.. at most what they gave was a scratch to my armor..

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" That won't work on me anymore. [Warrior of Light] is an overpowered skill that buffs me and made me became almost an invulnerable warrior. But.. it is limited to 10 seconds..!

"Let's end this!!!" 

*BANG*

While I was still flying through the air from the force of the Wolf that threw me away.. I landed on a tree and caused a loud bang sound..

*CRACK* *THUMP*

And with my full power on my legs, I launched myself forward once again towards the Wolf.

"GRAAAWWWRRRR!!" It got ready to attack me once again and hardens it's fur as well.. but it won't work this time..!

"{LIGHT ARC}!!" Suddenly a giant light slash appeared from the slash of my sword and launched itself forward towards the Wolf.

"GRRRAAAAA!!" It's body turned to silver once again.. but..

"IT DOESN'T MATTER!! {LIGHT ARC} {LIGHT ARC}!!" I just launched two more [Light Arc]s towards it for spite.

*SLASH* *SLASH* *SLASH*

"GRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

The three [Light Arc]s pierced through the Wolf's fur just like a hot knife cutting butter. It went through without any problem. This is one of the effect of [Warrior of Light]..

"HAHAHAHA!! HOW'S THAT!!" It boosted my affinity in Light!

*WHOOOOSHHH* 

"Tsk!" They should just fully gave up but it seems like they were offering their deaths to me. The Wolf using it's last bit of strength leaped towards me.

"Thank you for the great fight..!" I paid my respect silently towards my enemies..

"Goodbye.. {Light Arc} {Light Arc}!!" I created two [Light Arc]s that is concentrated to one singular spot..

*SLASH* *PIERCE*

"WRAHH-" I already knew about their plans.. such a foolish plan.. but I respect their decisions to fight till their end..

"WRAH..Wahaha.." I could hear the Goblin chuckled and just after that I immediately got a shiver right across my body..

"Fuck-!!!" I looked up above me and realised that a rain of arrows are coming down towards me.. now normally this is fine.. but this time.. I could tell that one of those arrows could kill me instantly!!

"HAAAAAAAA!!!! BRING IT ON!!!"

*BANG*

I slammed my feet to the ground while bracing myself and raised my shield above my head making a protection roof.

"I won't go down so easily!!!" Right after I said that suddenly..

*TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* 

Deafening sounds of arrows hitting my shield could be heard throughout the area.. but this deafening sound is not something to be concerned with..

*CRACK*

"Tsk..!" But the force and pressure it hits me with is tremendous.. it even caused me to be pushed down so much that the ground beneath me cracked..

*TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* *TAK* 

But after a while.. the sound lessens and stopped after some more.. 

"Hah! Only that?" I survived.. I managed to survive the whole fight..

*BRAK*

"*Sigh*.." I was completely spent.. my body slumped down to the ground almost lifelessly because of my exhaustion. 

"But.." this exhaustion would bring me somewhere further than my previous self.. further than what I am before.. because the pay for this exhaustion is..

[Battle Has Ended.. Calculating Experience Points]

...

..

.

[Author Note: Well this marks the ends of the 'Extermination and Subjugation' and next chapters will be resumed with the 'Elimination and Destruction' chapters!]

[Author Note: Sorry for not uploading in 2 weeks.. a lot happened, really really sorry]

12