A full moon and a promise
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night settled in quickly, the distant sound of animals and a lone howl lingering in the air. Rika was captivated by Akane's golden eyes, which stared back at her with longing.
"So, how does your little thing work? Each one is different, right?" Rika asked, placing her hand on Akane's shoulder. "I won't force you, but if you don't remember the life I lived here with you as a child, the time we have now will be gratifying enough. I'm sorry you got dragged into this." Rika felt guilt creep its way up her throat.

 

"Let's try to open this box," she said, taking the box from the nightstand and setting it between them. "Look at this lock. It doesn't look like any key I've seen."
Akane examined the box. "What if it's not a key?" Rika asked, lifting the box quickly, her eyes widening. "I know what this is!" she exclaimed, leaping from the bed and tumbling to the floor, her comforter tangling around her ankle. "I gotta find that!"
Akane tilted her head in confusion. "Where the hell did I leave it?" Rika began searching her coat pocket. "Here!" she shouted, holding up a small, intricate figure. "It's the little diamond bear my dad bought my mom before he went missing." Rushing up the stairs to the guestroom, Rika said, "I gotta tell Godmother... yeah, it can wait till tomorrow." She whispered, rushing past the door. The faint word "faster" was heard in the background. "Nope, nope, nope!" Rika jumped back into bed, crashing into Akane.

"Uhm, you're on my tail--off, off, off! Oops, sorry," Rika said, sitting beside Akane as she massaged her tail gently. "I remember Pa having this with him. He even had some fake bear ears he wore for fun. So how does this open that?" She pointed towards the box.
"I remember Dad telling me once that the head could," Rika replied as a faint snap was heard."You broke the bear!" Akane exclaimed."No, not broken," Rika smiled. The head revealed a strange notched key. "I'm glad Dad gave this to me before he left. But why was it in your pocket?" Rika blushed. "Uhm, it's like I have him with me always, even if he and Ma are gone."Rika didn't even know her mother was sick. All she remembered was the day her old friend Rioka visited and told her that what she had done was foolish, but thanked her as well. Akane's mind tried to wrap around that memory. Rising from the bed, Akane said, "Let's ask your Godmother...""Akane, don't!" Rika shouted, her face reddening. "They're... uhm, a little busy," she continued, Akane's ear tilting. "Oh," Akane said, settling back onto the bed. "The sooner you open this box, the better."

"You're really eager, huh?" Rika teased."Just open the freaking box!" Akane growled.Rika chuckled, placing the notched bear head key into the box. The box burst open, filling the dark room with blowing transparent sea creatures. Each creature was captivating, swimming in a thin gossamer cloud of water that circled above them. Akane and Rika were entranced as the creatures swirled into the center of the room, each color so bright.The gossamer layer of water took the shape of a screen and each sea creature dissolved into it, relaying memories full of laughter. Akane couldn't help the smile that spread across her face. "I remember that day. It's when you sneezed blue fire!""I SNEEZED BLUE FIRE?" Rika shouted in shock, staring at Akane in fear, the smile never leaving Akane's features.

"Just watch," Akane said. Rika stared at the screen, perplexed by the images before her. Akane had said to just watch, so she did. She saw her mother, a nappy-haired version of herself, and the small creature they had named Akane. As each memory ended, the creature disintegrated into a shower of bioluminescent dust, covering Rika in its magical glow.Rika brushed the dust from her with confusion as the blue light began to shrink. Fish and sea horses surrounding her disappeared one by one, until only one remained - a dark red piranha, its luminescent eyes fixed on Rika. Suddenly, the fish darted into the box and the blue light changed to a brighter teal. Out of the glitter, a figure began to take shape.Rika gasped as she saw the figure had bright pink hair, fins instead of ears, and a kind thin-lipped smile. "Hello, Rika," the figure said. "This was the last bit of magic I did before your mother gave me the greatest gift of all."Rika was even more confused. "Who are you?" she asked. Akane's smile faded. "You don't mean..." the figure said sadly. "My older sister won't forgive me for wanting freedom."

The figure knelt down and the room grew thick with anticipation. Rika felt her heart racing and her cheeks burning as she wondered what the figure was about to say."I'm truly sorry, I never meant for this to happen," the figure said in a soft voice.Rika was lost for words. "What are you talking about-"Akane let out a gentle growl. "Rika, now is not the time. It's getting dangerously close to midnight and we have to-"Rika stood up suddenly, understanding the situation. "I remember everything now, Akane, but right now isn't the time for this-"Akane pulled Rika into bed, their faces just inches apart. Her voice was a whisper as she said, "It's life or death."Rika's frown shifted, understanding the gravity of the situation. "Right...uhm."The figure had disappeared just as quickly as they arrived. "Weird," Rika thought, turning back to Akane. "So, uh, how does this work? I've never actually-"Akane's ears drooped slightly. "Well, to be honest, me either. But your mother gave me plenty of pointers."Rika sat upright with surprise. "Wait, she what?!"Akane giggled.

"Well, at least let's try to get this going before we both die-"Rika reluctantly leaned forward and felt Akane's lips slowly press against hers. A shiver ran down her spine as Akane's hands delicately slid against her skin, each touch sending warmth through her. Everything else faded away as they embraced, and Rika felt herself slowly sinking into the moment."Let me know if I go to far "Akane whispered softly in her ear"Wait a minute," Rika said, snapping out of her daze. "Didn't my aunt say just a kiss worked?"Akane growled. "That's for the sea creature type. I'm a beast type, so I need something more physical than just a kiss." Rika's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh, right. I didn't know that." She closed her eyes and prepared herself for what was to come.Akane slid her hands around Rika's waist and pulled her close. She then pressed her lips against Rika's, gently exploring her mouth with her tongue. Rika felt her body tremble as Akane's hands moved up her back, caressing her skin. She could feel the heat radiating off of Akane's body, and knew that if she didn't do something soon she wouldn't be able to control herself.

Rika finally pulled away, her breathing ragged. "That...wasn't what I expected," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.Akane smiled and brushed a strand of hair away from Rika's face. "That's what happens when you get close to a beast type," she said. "But I'm sure you enjoyed it, right?"Rika nodded, her cheeks turning a bright shade of red. "Yes," she said. "I did." AAkane's cheeks turned a faint shade of pink as she shyly smiled at Rika. "I'm glad I did something right," she said between ragged breaths. Rika shrugged, still unsure of what she meant.Akane's hands moved slowly up Rika's body, gently tracing the curves of her figure. She paused and looked up into Rika's eyes."I know your aunt didn't want marks, but I can hide them," Akane whispered.Rika's eyes widened in surprise. "Wait, what?"Without hesitation akane pushed Rika back further up the bed crumpling the sheets her clawed fingers slowly and gently tearing the fabric that hid Rika's figure

Rika felt her heart race as Akane pushed her further up the bed, causing the sheets to crumple beneath them. Akane's fingers, sharpened to a claw-like point, slowly and gently ripped away the fabric that covered Rika."Hey, I liked that tank-," Rika began, but Akane silenced her with a finger on her lips. Lowering her face to Rika's neck, Akane began planting gentle kisses and nipping at her ears and neck with her fangs."Rika slowly raised herself up, causing a faint whimper to escape from Akane. "Oh, right, I forgot you were straddling me," Rika said sheepishly. Akane leaned in, frowning. "Do that again," she said. Rika looked at her legs, and asked, "This?" before slowly moving them up and down. Akane gave a soft whimper of pleasure in response.

 

 

0