Chapter 54
94 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54 Vitality

From the beginning of Yasujiro's surgery, something was wrong.

Just as Shizune judged, the poison sac had been implanted in Yasujiro's body for so long that it had already become a part of his body.

When Shizune carefully opened Yasujiro's flank, the brown poison sac that did not match the bright red surrounding it started to beat like a heart that was awakening, as if a bird was puffing up its cheeks in a bluff to scare away its natural enemies.

Unlike the previous children, Yasujiro's poison sac looks the smallest, and there are a few spots on the surface, but the difference is not enough to attract people's attention.

Several sac tubes extend from both ends of the poison sac.

One end is connected to Yasujiro's kidney, which plays a role in absorbing toxins from the host's body.

The other end is connected to the respiratory tract and lungs. This is to facilitate the host to spit out poisonous gas and destroy the enemy, just like Sanshouo no Hanzo when he takes off his mask.

Although Yasujiro is now anesthetized, the poison sac has been implanted in his body for too long and he has developed a sense of defense.

No matter which side of the conduit is cut first, the poison sac will immediately release the toxin in the form of gas to the surroundings to protect the host from further harm by others.

So Shizune did not hesitate and immediately cut off the end connected to the kidney to prevent toxins from flowing back and threatening Yasujiro's life.

"Tsk—"

a sound like a balloon deflated sounded, and the poison sac began to beat more violently than before.

When the poison concentrated in the poison sac comes into contact with the air, it immediately spurts out from the cut-off mouth of the sac like steam from a pressure cooker, forming a purple cloud.

Shizune had anticipated this situation, so before the operation, she took an antidote of Sanshōuo. She didn't need to worry about the threat of poisonous gas for a short time. She just regarded it as bad-smelling air and continued the operation.

But when she came into contact with the gas with confidence, the sudden dizziness told her: she had misjudged!

[This is not the toxin of Sanshōuo! 】

The colors are obviously the same, but the poison isn't the same. Otherwise, why wouldn’t the antidote work?

After the toxin invaded Shizune's body, it went straight to her heart, trying to directly paralyze her heart. The numbness quickly spread to her limbs.

Even if Shizune resisted with chakra in time, the destructive power of this poison was still terrifying, and it even began to continuously dissolve her chakra. At this moment, Shizune could do nothing but concentrate on guarding against toxins from invading her internal organs.

[Even the aggressiveness is much stronger than the poison of Sanshōuo...]

Shizune fell into a state of panic, her mind spinning like a tire, thinking rapidly about ways to get out of the crisis.

But in just these few seconds, the poisonous gas had spread to half of the room.

She didn't say anything. Kyojuro who had been waiting outside the "operating room" had sensed it, had already opened the door.

Seeing the poisonous gas surrounding Shizune and her slightly swaying body, he raised his eyebrows and shouted loudly:"Miss Shizune!" 

"Don't come in! Go and evacuate the people around you. It's a poison I don't recognize!"

Shizune responded hurriedly, but because of this move, she inhaled the poisonous gas again, and her vision was already a little dim.

With the amount of chakra she has, it won't take long for her to be exhausted, and now it's difficult to even move.

Once Kyojuro, who is not yet able to extract chakra, comes into contact with this thing, he may die on the spot, so Shizune cannot let him in.

[What kind of poison is this...]

"I understand!"

Kyojuro immediately opened his voice and shouted loudly: "Kaname, the poisonous gas leaked, evacuate everyone in the hotel!" 

"Understood!"

Kaname , who was playing hide-and-seek with Tonton, did not ask any questions, but immediately looked at the children: "You guys should help too! Never approach the surgery room! No matter what method you use, call everyone in the hotel.! I'm going to find the owner of this store now!"

"I-I know!"

The children were a little confused at first, but they heard Kyojuro's voice just now and guessed that it was probably related to Yasujiro's surgery.

As soon as they thought that they could help Kyojuro, they immediately became active and knocked on the doors of other rooms one by one. If they couldn't knock them open, they would make a big fuss, causing all the guests to go out to investigate.

Fortunately, the boss had a very good impression of Kyojuro these days. He immediately believed what he said and went to the courtyard to inform the guests to evacuate. The originally comfortable and leisurely hotel quickly became a mess... 

On the other side, after Kyojuro informed him, Immediately, with Shizune's frightened eyes, he stepped into the room and closed the door tightly.

"You..."

Shizune's eyes widened. She didn't know what he wanted to do in such a dangerous place.

"Please don't talk, Miss Shizune."

Kyojuro strode over, swinging his hands greatly at the same time, drawing a huge circle in front of him: "Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation!" 

Shizune felt a heat. The breath came to her face. Following Kyojuro's movements, the hot airflow began to rotate, forming a steaming cyclone, which immediately gathered the toxins surrounding Shizune and rolled them into a concentrated sphere.

Kyojuro picked up the teapot on the table, and like a child catching insects with a net, he opened the lid and took in the sphere composed of poisonous gas.

Then he closed the lid tightly, tore off the hem of his clothes and crushed it into a plug shape, then plugged the spout of the pot.

A container used to "seal" the poisonous gas was thus formed.

Shizune was relieved as the poison that enveloped her body disappeared.

But she had no time to rest and had to take the next step immediately.

"Delicate Illness Extraction!"

A jellyfish-like transparent membrane formed in her hand.

Shizune pointed her left hand at her nasal cavity, and each purple-red water droplet was pulled out, and then wrapped in a jellyfish like chakra. That was the toxin that had invaded Shizune's body and had been mixed with the blood.

At the same time, the unconscious Yasujiro himself was still spewing poisonous gas. Shizune used the same technique with her right hand, placed it on the opening of his abdomen, and carefully gathered the poisonous gas that came out, so that the threat did not permeate the house again.

This toxin is so strong and difficult to deal with. Just by Delicate Illness Extraction, Shizune seemed to have lost 60% of her strength. Her face turned pale, and sweat dripped down, soaking her clothes.

"You're really helpful, Kyojuro..."

Shizune said with some fear.

"The reason why the poison sac is unstable has been found."

"The Sanshōuo toxin that the rain ninja made them inhaled is not the same as the toxin in Yasujiro's poison sac. That's why the absorption is slow and the poison sac is overloaded. It's not the same at all. The problem of poor adaptability."

"If even a medical ninja like me can't deal with this kind of toxin, once ordinary people are poisoned, the toxin will immediately attack the heart after mixing with the blood, and they will almost die." 

"I understand." Kyojuro looked solemn, understood the seriousness of the matter, and must not let this poison leave this room.

Otherwise, no one can tell how many people will die if the wind blows and the toxin spreads.

"Miss Shizune, is there anything I can do?"

Shizune glanced at Kyojuro tiredly.

"Don't stay here anymore."

" Drive the people here out as far away as possible. Although the poison sac seems to be no bigger than a palm, I can't estimate how much poison gas will be formed when the toxins inside hit the air."

"I'm not leaving here!"

 Kyojuro's tone was decisive and his position was unshakable.

"The matter of evacuating the crowd has already been done. Just tell me how the operation can proceed."

" There is no way to continue. "

Shizune shook her head feebly, "As long as the poisonous gas keeps escaping, I won't be able to remove the poisonous sac against the poisonous gas."

"Now all my chakra can only be used to maintain this technique to absorb toxins. I can't do both."

 "Doctor, can you perform the operation? If she is still in town, you can go find her."

[If Lady Tsunade is...]

A glimmer of hope surged into Shizune's eyes, but it was immediately extinguished.

[She can't see blood. ]

"Tsunade-sama cannot operate on people."

Shizune did not explain much, but simply stated a fact.

"Then can she detoxify?"

Kyojuro understood and did not ask why. He just asked the next question, but he already had an idea in his mind.

"Tsunade-sama is the best medical ninja in the world. There is no poison that she can't detoxify."

Although Shizune was a little exhausted, she sounded very proud when she said this.

"Kaname, did you hear that? Go find the doctor right away! She probably hasn't left the town yet!"

 Kaname, Who was outside the house immediately replied: "Understood!"

The sound of flapping wings gradually faded away, and Rengoku Kyojuro was confident. He walked over to Shizune, still holding the teapot from before.

"You just said that as long as the toxin is not allowed to mix with the blood and invade the heart, people will not die, right?"

Kyojuro confirmed again.

"That's about it. But why are you asking this?"

Shizune suddenly felt something bad and urged: "Leave quickly. I don't know how long I can hold on. Once the poisonous gas leaks..."

Although she is not from Land Of Rivers, but she still wanted to delay the poison so the crowd can be evacuated as much as possible.

"Since you haven't given up, I have no reason to give up to!"

Kyojuro said gently, "Please concentrate on dismantling this poison sac. I will never let the poisonous gas spread around you!" 

"You, How?"

Shizune immediately thought of the whirlpool Kyojuro created when he waved his hand before, but immediately shook her head.

"No, there must be no intervals, and the toxin must be isolated all the time..." 

"I have an idea."

Kyojuro looked at her with bright eyes, "But you must believe me, and no matter what happens later, No matter what, you can't stop the operation."

The confidence and calmness in his eyes were like a ray of light penetrating the haze, giving Shizune a glimmer of confidence.

After thinking for a while, she decided to believe him.

"I know!"

Shizune immediately stopped Delicate Illness Extraction Technique, and when Kyojuro opened the lid, she put the poison into the teapot, and then the chakra scalpel extended along the palm of her hand.

What she has to do now is to cut off all the sac tubes connected to Yasujiro's other organs one by one, so that this heart-like poison sac is completely inactivated! Eliminate all hidden dangers at once.

But as she stopped Delicate Illness Extraction technique, the poisonous gas spurted out again.

Just when Shizune thought Kyojuro had any other methods, he inhaled hard, sucking all the poisonous gas into his body like a whale swallowing sea water.

"What are you doing?!"

Shizune felt that her brain was numb for a moment, and then she immediately shouted in a hoarse voice.

But when she saw kyojuro's eyes pointing downwards, she immediately remembered what he had said before. She could only grit her teeth and lower her head, convince herself to be more awake, and cut off the cystic duct in order.

It's too late to stop the other party now.

The faster the speed on her side, the less poison Kyojuro would inhale into his body.

The amount of poisonous gas discharged and Kyojuro's inhalation basically maintained a dynamic balance, without any trace of it escaping to Shizune.

Although Kyojuro cannot "see through the world" like Giyu, he has learned the breathing method passed down from his family since he was a child, and he is the person who can best understand the magical aspects of the breathing method.

It is not difficult for him to use fine breathing to control wounds to speed up healing, or to use breathing techniques to slow down the spread of toxins in the body like the Sound Hashira did when dealing with the Upper Moon Six.

Although the poison was violent, the vitality of his body was also stronger than imagined.

This was the best way he could think of to prevent the spread of poison gas for a moment. As long as the poison was not mixed into the blood and spread to the heart, and Tsunade returned in time, he would still have a chance to survive!

In this way, Shizune did not dare to raise her head for a moment and concentrated on solving the operation. As long as the poisonous gas did not interfere with her, it meant that Kyojuro was still alive.

Although she didn't know how Kyojuro managed to persist for so long, she could never let down the child's hope and trust.

Just thirty seconds later, the last sac tube was cut off silently.

The chakra in her body was basically exhausted after the previous poison gas and delicate surgery.

The poison sac bounced a few times for the last time, stopped expanding and contracting like a dead fish, and was thrown aside by Shizune.

"It's done."

When Shizune raised her head in surprise, wanting to share her joy with Kyojuro, she found that the child had lowered his head and remained motionless, just like the poison sac that had lost its activity. 

A bolt of lightning struck Shizune's spine, making her suddenly unable to move, but immediately, she regained control of her body.

She didn't care so much, and grabbed Kyojuro's wrist with her bloody hand. A desperate expression quickly appeared on her face, and then she put her ear to Kyojuro's chest as if she didn't believe it.

Still no movement.

"No, no, no, no, no..."

This simple syllable became the only sound that Shizune could make.

She looked at the body that was not rising and falling in front of her, and her tears couldn't stop flowing down.

Footsteps sounded outside the house, and after Tsunade hurriedly opened the door, she saw this familiar scene at first sight, and Shizune's empty, frightened and helpless eyes when she turned her head. Just like she was when Kato Dan died. 

This time, the bright red color in the room only created an obstacle for a moment, but it did not stop Tsunade's progress.

Maybe it's because she has gotten used to this color after spending time with Kyojuro these days.

Perhaps it was because she had made up her mind that she would never let her disciples experience the same thing as herself.

Of course, it is also possible that the way Shizune behaved no longer required her to activate her memory to re-experience what it was like. She has seen herself from another perspective.

"Get out of the way."

Shizune seemed to have hope again and quickly stood up to let Tsunade come over.

Tsunade came to Kyojuro's side, her hands glowing green, and she placed them on Kyojuro's chest, carefully sensing Kyojuro's vitality.

Finally, the confidence of a doctor reappeared on her face.

1