Chapter 55
362 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 55: Debt of 15 million, working part-time to repay the money

Rengoku Kyojuro, even when he fainted and woke up, behaved differently from ordinary people.

Under the dim desk lamp, he opened his eyes without warning. Shizune, who was standing by, immediately noticed the clue and helped him up in surprise.

However, it was the "patient" Rengoku Kyojuro who spoke first.

"Miss Shizune, it's great that you're okay!"

He smiled happily and moved his arms. The toxins had indeed left his body, and everything was going according to the best expectations.

"Was the operation successful?"

"You said my words."

Although Shizune was smiling, she inadvertently rubbed the corner of her eye with the inside of her wrist.

"The operation was successful. Tsunade-sama performed it herself. Yasujiro woke up and ate, and is now asleep." 

"It seems that I missed the appointment. I'm really ashamed!"

Kyojuro smiled heartily.

"But thanks to the doctor coming back in time. I'll make up for it tomorrow."

He said it naturally as a promise to have dinner with Yasujiro after the surgery.

"Let's not talk about this for now."

Shizune said in an accusing tone with drooped eyebrows.

"Tsunade-sama said you used special means to force your heart to stop, but you should have told me beforehand." She didn't have the chakra to conduct further examination at that time, so she really thought Kyojuro was dead.

Although she had only been with this child for a few days, when she saw Kyojuro stopped breathing, the despair in her heart was no less than when she heard that her father and uncle died on the battlefield.

That was a premonition. The world with this child and the world without him are basically two different futures...

"I was negligent! I'm really sorry that I didn't take your feelings into consideration!"

Kyojuro looked slightly solemn and bowed sincerely.

"But time was tight at that time, and I really couldn't speak, so I had no choice but to do this!"

To stop the heart, Uzuki Tengen could do it with the power of his muscles, while Kyojuro used the Fire Breathing to stop the heart. Although it was a bit risky since it was his first time doing it, it still bought him time.

As everyone knows, not long ago, Giyu also used a similar method to fake his own death before killing Sanshouo no Koga who had relaxed his vigilance.

"I don't blame you for anything..."

Shizune was a little overwhelmed by his seriousness and waved her hands quickly, "It's just that you are too reckless to do this. If it weren't for Tsunade-sama, the consequences would be disastrous."

Then, Shizune recounted the accident that occurred during the operation.

"She has confirmed that Yasujiro should be the same as Hanzo, the demigod of the ninja world, and the poison sac of the black Sanshōuo was actually implanted. There seems to be no difference, but the toxins of the black Sanshōuo are the same in terms of type and intensity. There is a world of difference between the ordinary Sanshōuo. They are two completely different things."

"Although the Black Sanshōuo is a subspecies of Sanshōuo, the difference between the two cannot be seen until at least the growth period. The poison sac in Yasujiro's body was very small and should have come from a juvenile black Sanshōuo. However, the rain ninja may have mistaken it and thought it was the poison sac of an ordinary Sanshōuo implanted in it. Their subsequent experiments also used ordinary Sanshōuo. It is caused by fish toxins, so there is an unsuitable situation..."

Kyojuro understood. No wonder Giyu didn't see the clues. After all, it was his first time seeing it, so how could he distinguish these things that Rain Ninja himself would get wrong.

" In short, luck played a big part this time, Kyojuro. "

Speaking of this, Shizune's tone became a little deeper, and the fear in it was clearly audible.

"If Tsunade-sama hadn't fought against Sanshouo no Hanzo herself and knew how to deal with this poison, which ranks among the top in the ninja world, This time it would have been really hard for you to escape death. "

However, Rengoku obviously had other ideas.

"You are worrying too much! The reason why I decided to do this was not because of impulsiveness, but because I trusted your judgment on your ability as a doctor! In addition, thanks to you, in a very short time, you can make a guess about how this toxin works!"

 Kyojuro stared at Shizune intently and said encouragingly: "I am able to survive, not only thanks to the doctor, but also to you!" 

"As I said before, you are a very good doctor too! My survival to this day has proven this fact, and you should be proud of your excellent medical skills! "

   " ..."

Shizune was speechless for a moment, and didn't know what to say.

Even she didn't dare to be 100% sure of her speculation about the toxicity at that time.

But the child actually put his life on the line just because of her words.

It can be seen that Kyojuro's praise of her was not out of gratitude or flattery, but sincere recognition of her abilities. Thinking of this, Shizune lowered her head and could no longer continue. 

"Tsunade-sama is outside. She has something to tell you. "

Shizune stood up, her voice choked with sobs, and her whole face was obscured by her falling hair.

"I'll help you put the mattress first. "

 " Okay!" 

Kyojuro watched her return to the inner room and close the door, then walked out of the room and looked towards the courtyard.

Tsunade sat under the bright moon with the pig in her arms, and there were some Reflective objects dyed into a silver -white stone table beside her.

"Sir Kyojuro!"

The Crow flew down from the eaves with a cry, "I knew you would be absolutely fine!" 

" I made you worry, kaname! "

After some comfort, Kyojuro let him stand on his shoulders and walked towards Tsunade.

When he got closer, he saw that the reflective vessel was a teacup instead of a wine glass, and his smile suddenly bloomed.

" Good evening, Doctor. It’s so inspiring to see you in such good spirits! "

Tsunade knew that he was talking about not drinking, and she was speechless in her heart. She secretly cursed "nosy brat", but she was very grateful for this kind of meticulous care, but she just didn't want to show it.

"I'm not happy at all when I see you."

Tsunade turned her head, and the obvious boredom before turned into a shy and deliberate indifference.

"But you are lucky, Kyojuro. If I hadn't come back for something, you would really have to have a funeral today." A few nights ago, she had said that all those brats woke up, maybe it was Kyojuro During a funeral.

She couldn't even remember what she was thinking when she said this, but she didn't expect that it almost became a prophecy.

"I thought Kaname wanted to invite you back."

Kyojuro was a little surprised, and Kaname lowered his head in shame.

"Your crow simply went in the opposite direction. By the time it found me, you were already brain-dead. Someone else reminded me." Tsunade remembered that she saw her brother on the bottle of wine at the inn restaurant this morning . Tsunade's face and eyes immediately became moist.

She still doesn't know if it was a hallucination, but the "sister" sounds so real.

If there hadn't been this "hallucination" and she hadn't woken up and opened the bottle cap, the direction of things today might have been completely different.

Not only will Kyojuro die young, but Shizune will also fall into a similar trauma to her.

Isn't this really what her brother is reminding her?

When she thought of this possibility, she felt relieved for no reason.

"Sit down."

Today was the day her fate changed, and Tsunade overcame herself.

The dream demon that haunted her in the past is no longer a dream demon, but has become a kind of warmth that is both far and near. This change has already begun when she met Kyojuro, but it is not over yet.

Tsunade has regained some of her past self, and she can't do it without thanking Kyojuro.

But Kyojuro sat down, and when Tsunade spoke, she didn't mean to thank him at all. Instead, she raised her eyebrows like when they first met and said, "Let's settle the accounts first. The aftermath of the brat's surgery, plus the detoxification for you. The cost of detoxification is a total of fifteen million ryō."

At this time, the moonlight was like snow. Except for the sound of water flowing in the courtyard landscape, everything is silent.

A few seconds later.

"Please say it again?!"

Rengoku Kyojuro couldn't believe his ears.

"That's the price for asking me to save people. I'm not an unknown medical ninja like Shizune."

A hint of a successful smirk appeared on Tsunade's face.

This was the first time she saw this owl-like kid blinking his eyes.

"If you have no money, you can write an IOU. The interest is 10% a year. How about it?"

Tsunade put the pig on the ground, held her cheeks with her hands, and put her elbows on the table with a proud look on her face.

"Aren't you bragging that you are naturally strong? This little money shouldn't be a problem for someone as powerful as you, right?"

 "Please wait a moment!" Kyojuro calculated, based on the amount of money he spends in this place every day Judging from the speed at which the town earns one hundred thousand ryō, even if interest is not considered, he would have to work for half a year. This is only the best case scenario...

But the world is in such a mess, there must be places where his help is needed.

Giyu doesn't seem to be at peace either. He can't possibly spend all his time making money.

After careful consideration, he took a deliberation tone, but he was still confident.

"Can you reduce the amount a little? Or extend the time."

"Let me think about it."

Tsunade raised half of her eyebrows, staring into Kyojuro's eyes, and flicked her fingers on the table, as if she was thinking about something. It took more than a dozen times before it finally stopped.

"Speaking of which, haven't your family members taught you how to use chakra?"

She asked, "You said before that your father is very powerful. Could it be that he doesn't know how to use chakra."

"No!" This question is unique. Kyojuro answered very calmly.

"Then what does your family do?" Tsunade's eyes narrowed.

"The Rengoku family has been hunting monsters and protecting people's safety for generations." 

"Monsters."

Tsunade thought of her grandma and the tailed beast and quickly asked: "A big monster?" 

" No, just about the same as a human. Big or small."

"No wonder..."

Tsunade no longer doubted it. Judging from the power Kyojuro showed, he was already very strong without chakra.

Although I don't know where his home is, he doesn't seem to have any need to use chakra, so it's normal for him not to be able to extract chakra. But considering that he has a similar physique to her grandma and Kushina, he doesn't know how to use chakra and only relies on his physical body to fight, which is a waste of resources.

[It should be a descendant of a branch that branched off from the Uzumaki clan...]

"No wonder, you have no concept of the word powerful."

Tsunade turned sideways and stretched out her fingers towards the boulder in the landscape on the other side of her, with a smile on her face. She picked it up lazily, seemingly just scanning the surface of the stone with her fingertips.

Card——

The next moment, a scalp-numbing cracking sound occurred. The boulder was cracked in half like an eggshell cracked from the inside. Through the crack, Kyojuro could directly see the round door connecting the courtyard to the front hall of the hotel.

"Did you see it?"

Tsunade was not proud, only a profound reminder.

"You are still far from being powerful. The world is very big, and there are things that can kill you. Some time ago, I also met the Fourth Raikage, that idiot with all the muscles. He didn’t even know there were parasites in his body, and he almost died."

“…So, an arrogant brat like you might die outside one day, yet you dare to ask me for a grace period to pay back the money.?"

After laying the groundwork for so long, Tsunade finally revealed her true intention.

"However, if I ensure that I can find you, there is nothing wrong with giving you some time."

"Do you have any ideas!? "

Kyojuro's eyes were brighter than before.

After a little hesitation, Tsunade spoke.

"Hey, do you know about Konoha Hidden Village? "

"I Know. "

Kyojuro's next destination was there. He should have discussed with Giyu how to go there so as not to arouse the ninja's alertness. Unexpectedly, Tsunade suddenly mentioned the name of this village. "I have two houses there. "

Tsunade was talking about the mansion left by her parents and the residence of her grandmother Uzumaki Mito in her later years.

"I haven't been back for many years. I need someone to clean it, and I think you are a good fit."

Kyojuro immediately reacted, "Are you a ninja from Konoha? "

"I'm on vacation now. "

Tsunade obviously didn't want to dwell too much on her identity, "You go there. Every time you help me look at the house, I will forgive you 10,000 ryo of debt, and it doesn't count interest, and it doesn't restrict your freedom. " 

"How about it, do you want to do it? "

She and Shizune have already discussed it.

Judging from the way this kid is out of tune with the world these days, premature death is a certainty.

But for some reason, Tsunade wants to see Kyojuro grow up. She wants to see what changes he will bring to the world.

On the other hand, she also remembered that her grandmother's clan was almost extinct, and the inheritance of the Uzumaki clan was also interrupted.

She had never cared about these things in the past, but when Kushina was killed, She couldn't help but feel guilty in her heart for not being able to go back. Although she knew that she had a son, the old man didn't want the child to know his identity. She was away from home all year round and couldn't do anything she wanted to do. 

If she could make Kyojuro, a descendant of the Uzumaki, have a child in the forbearance The ability to gain a foothold in the world can be regarded as a little compensation for her grandma and Kushina. 

As for whether those old elders and third hokage have any plans for Kyojuro?

Tsunade stared at the flaming tail of Kyojuro's hair.

[They must not do anything to rotten children.]

On the other side, Kyojuro finally nodded after thinking carefully.

"Then I will take over this job. "

"Very well! " Tsunade stood up, "Then get ready. When you leave, I will ask Shizune to accompany you to handle the procedures."

"Aren't you going back? " Kyojuro was a little confused.

"Some people who can't be dealt with are very unpleasant to look at. Besides, my journey is not over yet. There is no reason to give up halfway. "

Tsunade yawned and bypassed the topic that she didn't want to go into details. "Set a time and come to me, but don't make me wait too long."

" Then tomorrow! "

Kyojuro made a decision immediately.

"Huh? "Tsunade turned her head in surprise, "What about those brats?"

"I will make some arrangements in advance. "

"The operation is over. Staying with me for too long will not be conducive to their independent survival in the future!"

Kyojuro stood up and walked outside, but what he said made Tsunade's eyes light up.

"It's so late, where are you going?"

"Find a similar stone to replace it in the store!"

Tsunade smiled, having different expectations for the future of this world for the first time.

4