Chapter 12: Uchiha Massacre
211 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a normal day like any other, unrest within the Uchiha clan had reached a boiling point. They were planning a coup.
This was discovered because Itachi Uchiha was acting as a double agent within his clan.

My mother couldn't really do anything as tensions between the clan and the village had been strained long ago. Rumors spread like wildfire in the village and public opinion is easily swayed. People just believe whatever they hear and don't bother to fact-check.

The Uchiha were moved to the outskirts of the village in order to ease tensions but it only made things worse. This was during the time when my mom was on parental leave. Naruto would have probably been subjected to a terrible life while in the center of terrible rumours surrounding his birth just like the Uchiha have. Even now, there are rumours that he is the Kyuubi's incarnate. But they are kept under wraps due to my mother's severe punishments on anyone who openly speaks about it.

Some members of the Uchiha police force have been abusing their authority and they were trialled as individuals instead of members of the Uchiha clan. But it only ruined relationships between the clan and the village further. It happened so much that my mom and the Hokage figured that the Uchiha were intentionally being difficult to sour the relationship between them. It was then that the Anbu started to monitor the clan compound and had Itachi Uchiha become a double agent within the Uchiha clan along with Shisui Uchiha.

Recently it has been confirmed that the Uchiha will attempt a coup. My team has been tasked with monitoring the compounds and nothing out of the ordinary has happened whenever we were on guard.

The Hokage entrusted Shisui with a mission to control the clan head in the upcoming Uchiha assembly. My team where tasked to follow him and only reveal ourselves should the need arise.

Shisui POV

I was on my way to the clan to prevent the coup. If I fail my mission then the clan will be wiped out. I met with Danzo-sama before going on my mission, I thought he wanted to talk about something important but he attacked me and tried to steal my eye. He talked about how it was, "for the greater good of the village" to let the clan die as that would prevent further complications. I had enough of this guy's bullshit and we started a fight. I killed him with my Mangekyo Sharingan but came back to life and attacked me again.

He gained the upper hand and as he was about to take my eye a blade of wind came out of nowhere and cut his arm off. What he used was Izanagi, a special ability of the Sharingan.

Seishin POV

My team was tasked with guarding Shisui as he had a pretty important mission that could prevent the coup. We followed him and on the way, he was attacked by Danzo and his Root. When I noticed that Shisui was about to lose I cut off the arm of Danzo that was reaching out to Shisui's eye. Danzo upon seeing me grew wary especially when he noticed that all the members of his Root were taken down shortly after we appeared.

Shisui and I left for the Uchiha compound while Nun(Fujin) and Sen(Aiko) stayed to apprehend Danzo. Once we made it to the clan head house he was already ready sitting in a seiza position in front of his front door.

"Fugaku." Said Shisui.

"Shisui," he replied.

I stayed hidden in the shadows watching the whole thing.

"I'm sure you understand why I'm doing this," Shisui said.

"Yes, but I'm sure you understand why I'm doing this as well. Let me remind you the clan has been pushed to the brink, we are one of the founding clans of Konoha and we have been alienated and tossed to the edge of the village like trash." He replied.

Shisui immediately activated his Mangekyo Sharingan and said, "Well, what do you think will happen to your family then? Do you think they will be able to endure the hardships of a coup?" Shisui tried to use the genjutsu but it didn't work.

Fugaku activated his own Mangekyo Sharingan which was a surprise. It turns out he was hiding his abilities as well. Since Fugaku was already on guard and even had a Mangekyo Sharingan it would not be possible to put him in a koto'amatsukami as the very nature of the genjutsu is subtly and given that Fugaku has a Mangekyo as well it is even less likely to work.

Once Fugaku activated his Sharingan, they fought for a while before Fugaku gained the upper hand. I joined to fight to even the playing field. I threw multiple blades of wind at him but he dodged them all without even looking.

"Shisui, the plan has failed. Retreat." I said to him.

"No! I am going to prevent this coup or die trying!" He cried.

"Are you crazy? The clan can always rebuild. You can't waste your life trying to realize an impossible goal." I said, trying to convince him.

"It's too late, the clan is doomed. But at least I will go down knowing that I tried my best to change the clan." Shisui said. "You need to leave and report to the Hokage about what happened. You won't make much difference in this fight." He continued.

I sighed and said, "Very well. You will be missed." I then turned around and left for the Hokage building.

Itachi POV

I was waiting by a Boulder near the clan waiting for Shisui. I heard a sound in the trees near me and said, "Shisui?"

"Come with me," he said.

I took off my mask and followed him, we made it to a cliff with a raging river at the bottom. He had his back to me and started talking.

"It seems we can't prevent the Uchiha coup d'etat, and if civil war erupts in the leaf. The other villages will invade for sure. True war will break out. When I tried to stop all this with my koto'amatsukami Danzo tried to steal my right eye. That man doesn't trust me at all, he intends to protect the village his way. No matter what it takes or how it looks. Ken helped me, he cut off Danzo's arm and took down his followers with his team. He followed me to try and stop the coup but I knew he wouldn't make much of a difference. Your father has a Mangekyo Sharingan as well and I think one of its abilities is seeing the future. Ken tried to help me again but it was no use. He was too strong for both of us and my Mangekyo's ability did not work on him as he simply broke out of its control or averted his gaze before I even tried the genjutsu. I want you to have my eyes before anyone else could get to them."

'Shisui,' I said in my head with sadness.

"You're the only one I can count on, my best friend. Protect the village and the Uchiha name, both of them." He said.

I had my crow take the eyes and disappear.

I turned on my Sharingan and said with resolution, "Alright, I accept it. What will you do now?"

"If I die, many things will change. I've left a note." He said.

"Shisui wait!" I said, surprised. I took a step forward to stop him but he said.

"Don't try to stop me Itachi," he said backing up towards the cliff, he smiled and fell backwards towards the ravine.

I ran to catch him, but I was too slow, "Shisui!" I yelled and watched him fall into the raging river. Never to be seen again. I closed my eyes in sorrow, and when I opened them again they were different. I awakened my Mangekyo Sharingan, forever changing in the process.

Next Day

I went on with my life trying to change the clan and be a better person but the actions of my clan members could not be ignored. When some of my cousins saw Shisui's note they warned me not to follow in his footsteps. They tried to threaten me to prevent me from betraying the clan but they did not even realize the full extent of my own abilities.

I could tell my father was conflicted between leading the clan and doing his duties as a father. I knelt to them in front of Sasuke but they only reprimanded me while hiding behind my father.

During the year, I did my duties as an Anbu and monitored the Uchiha clan. I went on missions and eventually became the captain of my own team. I acted as a double agent reporting on the situation in the Uchiha clan to the Hokage. People in the clan wondered why I didn't go to the assemblies but my father told them that I had missions.

The situation has gone out of control and the clan was planning to revolt. The Hokage and the elders proposed a plan to massacre the clan before they could act. I struck a deal with them to save my brother in exchange for bearing all his hatred. If he saw Leaf Shinobi killing his fellow clan members he would develop a deep hatred for the village and will have to die as well. So I proposed that I take on the responsibility of stopping the revolt before it could start.

I met the man in a mask to ask for his help for I have already kept an eye on him for a long time and decided it best approach him straightforwardly.

"How did you know about me?" He asked.

"You slipped through the highest level of Leaf security and went to examine the Nakano Shrine's secret stone tablet. Only the Uchiha are aware of its location. After that, I studied your movements and looked into what kind of character you are and what your ideology is." I said.

"Well, that saves me much time. For you already know that I'm an Uchiha myself and bear hatred toward both the Leaf and my own clan." He said.

"I have terms. I'll help you exact revenge upon the Uchiha clan but you are not to harm the village itself, nor Sasuke Uchiha," I said.

It didn't take long for Madara to do his part. He killed all of the Uchiha Police Force while I quickly killed all of the clan members in the civilian area before getting to my house.

I hesitated to kill my parents but my father reassured me, "I see, so you've aligned with the other side."

"Father, mother, I just-" I tried to speak but my mother interrupted me.

"We already know Itachi."

"Itachi, just promise me this. That you'll take care of Sasuke."

"I will," I said. I started crying.

"Do not fear it, this is the path you have chosen. Compared to yours, our pain will be over in an instant. Our philosophies may differ but I am still proud of you. You are truly a kind child." My father said.

The next day, I went to speak with Hokage. He said, "I truly regret there was no other way to prevent the coup." He looked at me and said, "If you have anything to say, go ahead. We are alone."

"I got help from a man calling himself Madara Uchiha. I realize there are many things happening in secret and I believe many challenges are in store for the village. I intend to continue to protect the village in the shadows." I said.

"You know your brother will hate you from now on," he said.

"And I fully intend to bear his hatred," I replied.

"And for that, you have my gratitude. Rest assured that your brother will be well taken care of, and if you're ever worried about him you can sneak in and check on him." Said the Hokage.

I was surprised and thankful at the same time, "Lord third, thank you." I thanked him and left.
__________
I took a lot of dialogue from YouTube and left some stuff out. I tried to just deliver the general Idea of what happened without changing the story much. Danzo was caught by Seishin and his team and put in jail. So the Hokage and the other two finally had to make the decision to destroy the clan after Itachi said they would revolt. The Hokage could make that decision because Fugaku saw Seishin speaking with Shisui. That means both sides knew about each other's plans and it was just an open secret between them and they were scrambling to act first.

Originally it was Danzo who convinced Itachi to massacre the clan in exchange for leaving his brother alive. But since he was now caught and out of the picture, the Hokage had to do it.

Just a reminder when I write, I find myself in the zone, writing constantly and without thinking too much about it. But if I have to stop and put in quotations and think about how a person speaks then I just fall out of the zone and can't write as well. But I still do it because that's what makes a good story. So if you find that there are places that NEED dialogue, let me know. I say NEED because I don't want the whole story to be a dialogue as that would make every chapter ten thousand words and I can barely write two thousand, lol.

4