Chapter 13: Danzo
119 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Danzo POV

I have been trying my best to make Hiruzen understand that the Uchiha clan will destroy the village if we do not act and remove them immediately. He has assigned Shisui Uchiha to put the high-level members of the clan in a genjutsu during their meeting to prevent them from starting a coup. But I can't let that happen. The Uchiha are a variable that cannot be controlled and need to be cut down.

Plus, I get to add some extra eyes to my collection as well, which is always nice.

I will contact Shisui and meet up with him in private before he runs off to the clan. I'll kill him before he does anything and take his eyes as a bonus, mine would be useless anyway after our fight.

Next Day

At night, before Shisui went off to his mission, I met up with him. Everything was in place and I should be able to catch him off guard with my Izanagi.

Just when I was going to pluck Shisui's eye out, I got attacked. I was not able to react in time and my arm was cut off. I looked around to locate my attacker and noticed that my Root ninjas were dropping like flies. Two Anbu were killing my Root ninja and a third revealed himself and attacked me.

I recognized them. They are Anbu directly under Hiruzen's control. Damn him! I can't believe he doesn't see that what I'm doing is for the village. No matter, I will get rid of him eventually. I was always a better option to become Hokage, I don't know why sensei couldn't see that.

The two Anbu joined the third standing in front of Shisui. The male one said, "Ken, you go ahead and complete the mission. We will apprehend Danzo and take him back for questioning."

I scoffed at that, Ken and Shisui nodded and ran passed me. I tried to stop them but the other two, Nun and Sen attacked me simultaneously. I know about them, not much, but I do know that they have learned elemental bukijutsu. A unique fighting style of Aiki, "The Nightmare." He gained that title because many ninja who faced him and lived got nightmares of him. It doesn't help that all of those who faced him and survived to tell the tale were maimed. It is a technique that requires chakra control that is second only to Tsunade. It is a highly valuable and versatile technique that embodies everything it means to be a ninja. It can be stealthy when needed and destructive when needed. It can be used in short, mid and long range.

I know that these two have made the fighting style their own, Nun uses nunchucks as his weapon of choice in conjunction with the byakugan to deliver deadly accurate blows. Sen uses deadly sharp fans with her dance-like fighting style. She can also shoot the blades of the fan at her targets and control them at a distance, but it seems that she still hasn't mastered that yet.

I tried to fend them off as best as I could but they work extremely well together. I used my vacuum style but they dodged them most of the time. They kept their distance from me and kept firing blades of fire, water and wind. We fought for what felt like hours and eventually got tired and they put me in cuffs with chakra seals on them.

No matter my root ninja will help me escape, I have protocols for these types of situations. I was taken to the T&I department and was kept in a cell with a sealed straight jacket and weights on my legs.

Hiruzen came to visit me a few weeks later.

"I am wholly disappointed in you my old friend." He said.

I scoffed and said, "I only did what is best for the villag-"

"That's enough! Look where that has gotten you! This is not what's best for the village, it's what's best for you! You have wanted my seat as the Hokage ever since I got it. Sensei didn't give you this role because he knew that you would bring the village to ruin before you could even achieve anything! Look what happened when you interfered! I had to order the annihilation of one of the founding clans of the village and one of the strongest! They have been nothing but loyal to us since Madara defected! I can't believe I let you convince me to alienate them after the Nine Tails attack! You and I have both failed this village and I sincerely hope that it will be able to recover from this." He said.

I shook my head in disappointment and said, "You have grown senile my fr-"

"Oh, grow up!" He cut me off again. "You cannot kill your own villagers once they get 'too strong!' You want them to get stronger! You want them to get richer! You want them to be happy! That's how a village grows and improves. You cannot achieve those things overnight, and you certainly don't achieve them by alienating entire clans and enslaving ninja from a young age."

"What?" I asked. "What was that last part?"

"That's what I came here to tell you Danzo. I had Jiraya come back to the village last week and look at those seals you have on your Root ninja. He managed to figure them out and remove them on the Root ninja we captured with you. I had my Anbu destroy any bases and free any ninja still under your orders t-"

Third Person POV

"YOU ARE AN IMBECILE HIRUZEN! YOU WILL REGRET THIS! YOU WILL DIE A HORRI-"

Hiruzen just walked out of the cell and looked over at Inoichi and said, "Get on with it, find anything you can. I don't care how you do it, he is a dead man walking anyway."

The Hokage just walked out of the building and went back to his duties.
__________

Got some writer's block and I also procrastinated writing this chapter. Let me know if you have any ideas on where I can take the story to help motivate me, also;

Should I write some more stuff to fill in the time between now and the start of the show?

Or

Should I fast-forward straight to the start of the show?

3