Chapter 14: Loose Ends 1
104 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the late upload, I usually just wait around for motivation to hit me in the face lol. Now that I have this arc started it shouldn't be that hard to finish it. But like I said at the start of the story, I'm writing this story as I go and I also procrastinate a lot. Now that winter break is starting, I'm gonna have a lot of time on my hands. Expect a part 2 by the end of next week at the latest hopefully.

__________

Seishin POV

My birthday was a couple of months ago. I could still remember it like it happened yesterday, mom held a surprise party to help cheer me up after Itachi left. She decided to hold my party the same day as Naruto to catch me off guard. She invited my friends and sensei to the party. It was really fun, it helped cheer me up a bit. Naruto turned 7 and I turned 13.

I know why Itachi did what he did but it still doesn't feel good to have my friend be thought of as a traitor and cold-blooded murderer. Sasuke was invited to the party as well to cheer him up as well. Lord knows he needs it more than I do. Naruto's cheerful personality and the atmosphere of the party helped him a little bit. It would take a long time for him to get better mentally, but he may never be the same again. That type of trauma is difficult for anyone to get over, especially for a 7-year-old.

It's been around half a year since the massacre. It's currently winter, I'm on my way to Otogakure to confirm if Orochimaru is related to its creation. I spent about a week looking around for clues and gathering information. I met with Jiraya-sama to see if he had any info for me but he didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

I decided to think outside the box. Orochimaro is a snake, and snakes can live anywhere. They can live in rivers, camouflage in trees or burrow in holes underground. The most likely option for him would be an underground base. So I started my search around villages and investigated any missing persons.

I didn't find much, so I decided to make myself bait. I transformed into a homeless man with a unique look and walked around town begging for money and just playing the role of a homeless man. Some ninja approached me and I ran, acting scared. I threw a beam of star magic at them but made it obvious so they could dodge. I continued to run but acted tired after a bit of time and they captured me and took me somewhere. They blindfolded me and after a while, I sensed that we entered a building and went down some stairs.

They took off my blindfold and threw me in a cell. I looked around and noticed a pale boy with white hair and red dots for eyebrows. He was sitting in the corner, hugging his knees. I said:

"Hey there, my name is Yuno, what's your name?"

He glanced at me and then ignored me, I just stood there awkwardly and then sat on the opposite side of the cell. I tried to make conversation here and there, but he didn't care to even acknowledge my existence let alone talk to me.

We stayed like that for a couple of hours until a man approached our cell, opened it and came up to me. I acted scared and tried to get away but he held me down and stuck a needle into my neck. I felt my body lose strength and I blacked out.

__________

When I woke up I didn't forget to keep my act up. I looked around frantically, I was tied up to a bed with a light above me shining brightly. I couldn't see much due to the dark room and the only light in the room shining down on my face.

I heard some laughing to my left, when I turned my head to the voice I saw the silhouette of a person with long hair. Once they approached the light I saw an androgynous person with pale skin, sharp cheekbones, snake-like eyes and purple markings around the eyes.

I acted even more scared and yelled, "Who are you?! Why did you bring me here?!"

Orochimaru just smiled and then started giggling, "Hehehe, you know I was getting a little tired of waiting for my experiments to bear fruit. My time was running out and the perfect specimen showed up right at my front door. Isn't that wonderful?" He asked playfully. I felt a chill go up my spine, even after all my training Orochimaru still managed to creep me out.

"Who are you? Why did you bring me here? You can't do this to me, I just go out of that horrible place! I just got out!" I yelled, giving him a hint towards my made-up origins. Hopefully, he would investigate my past before doing anything to me. That would give me time to hatch a plan and figure out what he's doing here.

"Hmm, your past huh? And where exactly did you escape from?" He asked.

"The land of w- water! They experimented on me and tortured me because my family has a history of having kekkei genkai users and they were hoping I would awaken it too through pain and torture!" I yelled. Now let's see if he'll buy it. To my knowledge, Orochimaru doesn't have an extensive intelligence network. He would need people for that and it's only been a couple of years since he left the village. He would need to capture a lot of people and make them loyal to him or buy out a lot of organizations to collect that sort of information.

Even if he did, the land of water is chaotic and my supposed origins are from many years before he escapes from Konoha. He would need a while to send someone or go personally and search for information on me, my fake family and anyone who could have had a hand in my fake attempts at awakening my kekkei genkai.

"I have no information about your existence at all, and your kekkei genkai doesn't follow any of the natural patterns I discovered in other possessors of bloodline powers. Your bloodline is more potent, reminiscent of the Uchiha and Senju but your power is the manipulation of a sort of energy separate from chakra and other elemental natures."

He started rambling. He is a genius, he probably took samples of my DNA and studied them. I wonder how long I've been out, for him to study my DNA that much.

"I don't know what you're talking about man, I just want to live in peace. I don't know why you're doing this to me. I didn't even know I had these powers until those fucking assholes showed up in my house and killed my parents before taking me. I just want to go back, please!" I pleaded I know it's not gonna work because my powers are too good for him to pass up on. He might try to bring me on his side by giving me false hope or something.

"Hmm, I can't do that, but I can help you get revenge."

Knew it.

He continued, "I will make you stronger, able to defeat all of those people that hurt you. But to do that, you need to go through greater pain. I can give you strength, but it will hurt. The payoff, on the other hand, will be strength at the level of a Kage maybe even beyond. With that much strength you will be able to get revenge, and I will get data for my research. It's a win-win situation, what do you say?"

I acted reluctant to not be suspicious, " I don't know..."

"Just think it over, give me an answer tomorrow. For now, I'll put you in a nice room. Get yourself some nice warm food, and take a shower. Get some rest, you deserve it after everything you've been through. I'm sorry for the previous treatment, it was just a misunderstanding, my guys thought you were someone else." He said while undoing the straps tying me to the bed.

This guy is good, he can't fool me like those other kids so he's taking a different approach, "Uhm, sure, thanks I guess." I said.

Kabuto walked into the light and said, "Follow me."

We walked down a dimly lit corridor, past many doors and taking many turns. Until he finally stopped and said, "Here we are, enjoy your stay. Everything you'll need is in the room. The food will be brought to you at a later time." He said kindly.

"Thank you so much," I said and walked in excitedly.

I looked around the room, it was a simple L-shaped room. Just a bed, a horizontal pole in the wall with a couple of coat hangers, a table and a door leading to a bathroom with a sink, toilet and shower.

I looked around for any cameras and noticed one hanging from the ceiling in the corner of the room in plain sight. I just glanced at it and gave an awkward wave. Too bad, I wanted to take my skin mask off but it seems that's not gonna happen.

I looked for any bugs but I couldn't do that deep of a search in front of the camera so I decided to just take a shower and relax. I need to think of what my next move is going to be.

2