Chapter 15: Loose Ends 2
127 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I decided to accept Orochimaru's offer.

I would stick around here for a while, and learn this place's layout unless Orochimaru decides to put a curse mark on me or make any permanent changes to my biology. From his personality reports, Orochimaru takes his experiments very seriously. He doesn't know anything about me kekkei genkai so he would need to collect data first.

So plan A would be to learn the layout of this place and collect any information I can. Plan B would be to break the hell out of here.

If plan A works I would need to gain his trust enough to move around the base. If not, I would have to move around secretly and get that information. If plan A goes south, I will move on to plan B and break out of here. I will create as much chaos as possible and escape when they're distracted.

Plan C is a fight with Orochimaru, but hopefully, it doesn't come to that.

When the time came, Kabuto came and took me to Orochimaru. On the way I said, "So, what do you do around here?"

"Oh, nothing much, just trying to learn all the world's secrets."

"Wow, that's admirable. I wish I had the ambition and capability to go after such an amazing goal" I said.

"Don't worry, now that you have our help nothing will be able to stop you from achieving your dreams. Whatever they may be" He said.

"Thank you," I said, with a slight smile.

After a few more twists and turns we make it to Orochimaru's lab. I see Orochimaru experimenting on the little kid I shared a cell with when I was brought here. I act scared and walk up slowly. Just as I am approaching the operating table, Orochimaru speaks,

"Don't get too close," he says. I act spooked by the sudden noise and he continues. "Have you thought about my proposition?"

"Uh, y-yeah. I would be honoured to have you train me to get stronger." I said.

I heard Kabuto scoff behind me, I looked over at him and said "Am I missing something, what's so funny?" Orochimaru says,

"Oh, don't mind him. Anyway, I want you to get better at using your kekkei genkai. If you ever get stuck just ask Kabuto here and he'll help you out. I'm going to be going out for a little while. It shouldn't take me more than two weeks."

"W-what? Where are you going? What if something goes wrong? What if I need your help?" I said.

"Don't worry, Kabuto is more than capable of helping you if you need it. I will only be gone for two weeks at most. Keep in mind strength cannot be gained in comfort. If you want to get stronger, then you are going to need to take risks and get out of your comfort zone." He responded.

This is good if he is out of the base for a couple of weeks then I will have enough time to look through the base and collect all the information I can. I will be gone long before Orochimaru comes back.

The next day I'm brought to a training ground surrounded by cells. I hear a voice on the speakers. "Okay, today to get you better at using your kekkei genkai, you will be fighting some of the defects that can still move."

After he said that a cell to my right opened up and out came a horrendous monstrosity. It was a chimera of multiple colours and limbs and animals all put together. To keep my act up I ran away from it and pretended to have difficulty using my star kekkei genkai. Now and then my hand would glow but then nothing would happen. Then Kabuto opened another one of the cells and I let myself get trapped in the corner of the training ground and just as they are about to touch me I scream.

"Ah! Get away! No! NOOOO!" Just as I scream I close my eyes and release a burst of my kekkei genkai. A bright light is released from my body that burns the chimeras, after a couple of seconds it dies down and I pretend to be unconscious. After a couple of minutes, I heard someone enter and pick me up. They take me somewhere while grumbling something.

"I can't believe he's making me do all of this shit. I could be in my lab doing some real work. But no, I have to carry this guy around and teach him how to use his kekkei genkai, he couldn't get someone else to do this?"

I heard him complain for a while more until he put me on a bed and left. After a while, I decided it was enough time and woke up screaming. I looked around and saw I was in my room in Orochimaru's base. I continued my act to not seem suspicious, meanwhile, I had my senses on the maximum to make sure Kabuto was not close by. Once I made sure he wasn't nearby I pretended to practice my kekkei genkai and may have made a star too bright on 'accident' and sent a clone out of the room at that moment.

The clone transformed into a ninja from another village and I had him look around the base in secret. My clone moved around the base at extremely quick speeds. If any documents or important information is found I would memorize it quickly and move on. Details did not matter so long as I got the general idea memorized. Like the inner workings of the base, what he has in her, what he's doing, who he captured, how did he do it, what is he researching, and stuff like that.

Once I had all of the information memorized I found the place where all of the kidnapped people were being kept and released them. I gave them a speech about how Orochimaru was lying to them and he can't do anything that he promised them. Once I was done, half of the people were riled up and started to run around the base looking for blood, the other half was skeptical, but I didn't care, my job was done. I dispelled myself and the original body got all of the information.

After the clone did its job I decided that it was time for me to escape. I went outside and started running out. I had the base's layout memorized and knew the way out. On the way, I placed a couple of paper bombs around the important places of the base, away from the people. I put them in a way that would destroy the parts of the base that should be destroyed but also leave a direct path out of the base open.

Once I made it out I ran into someone...

__________

I nearly forgot to release a chapter lol. The week flew by, it felt like I blinked and it was already the deadline. Anyway, the next chapter is the first long fight scene I'll ever write so pray for me.

I'll need a lot of time to think about the scene and do some research as well, hehe.

2