Chapter 18: Progress
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kakashi Hatake left the Anbu, that man was a legend. His ruthlessness and willingness to complete a mission at any cost was what made him popular. Aside from his Sharingan of course.

It's been a year since I started teaching Naruto, he has been progressing relatively well. His technique can use improving to get to a satisfactory level. Don't get me wrong, he can easily defeat a genin at 9 years old and go toe to toe with a chunin. His chakra reserves match mine when I was his age and that's without the Kyuubi. I will have to tell him that he's the jinchuriki of the Kyuubi at some point. He hasn't experienced the harsh treatment that comes with being the jinchuriki, he still receives cold looks from some of the older villagers but they can't do much because he protected by the Wind Calamity Haruko.

I continued to train Naruto because I have been feeling restless lately. I've got the feeling like this is the calm before the storm. With the massacre of the Uchiha clan and rising tensions between the villages it's only a matter of time before war erupts once again.

__________

The next day as I was leaving my house to go to work I saw Sasuke waiting outside leaning on a tree.

"Good morning Sasuke," I said.

 "Hmm, have you been training Naruto?" He asked.

"Straight to the point I see"

"Answer me," He demanded.

"And what are you gonna do if I don't?"

"Tsk," He walked away after not getting a satisfactory response.

"Naruto is my little brother Sasuke, and so are you. Your brother was my best friend," He stopped to listen, "If I could have stopped him I would have, but I was unfortunately on a mission at the time," He continued to walk away, "Just know if you want or need anything you can come to me, I have work during academy hours but I am available after four. I train Naruto at the training field near our house." He turned a corner and I could no longer see him, "Sigh, it's your choice," I whispered.

In the evening as I was training Naruto I noticed someone was nearby, 'they are not very skilled maybe a normal person. No, the steps are too light, must be a child or a really short adult.' I looked towards the direction of the sound and saw a kid with a navy shirt and black hair, 'Sasuke,' I thought.

"Alright, Naruto, I want you to run a couple of laps on the pond. I see even a splash of water on you, then you'll be doing double the training tomorrow." I said.

"But I'm sweating!" He yelled.

"No excuses," I said back to him, he just walked towards the pond grumbling.

I then body flickered and appeared behind Sasuke, he got spooked and performed a roundhouse kick towards my face. I held his leg and he jumped and tried to kick me with his other leg but I caught that one too. He raised his body up so that he could punch me but I just let go of his legs and blocked his strikes. He went for another kick but I blocked it and used his leg to flip him upside down. While upside down, I grabbed his arms, put them behind his back and held him there.

"What are you doing here Sasuke?" I asked.

"Tsk, you're the one that told me to come here," He responded.

"Yeah, but I didn't tell you to sneak around suspiciously," I said, 'Hmm, I'm squeezing his arms pretty tightly to hold him up in the air like this and he's not complaining about the pain. That's a good sign.' I thought.

I put Sasuke down and said, "Follow me."

After I brought him to the clearing next to the pond I said, "Okay, I'm going to need to see what level you're at. What can you do?" I asked.

"I know the leaf training exercise, the three basic academy jutsu and the fireball jutsu. I'm also pretty good at using kunai and shuriken," He said.

"Okay, I'll have you do the same thing I did with Naruto. Physical training and chakra control then I'll drill into you the basic skills of a shinobi. But first a quick lesson. A shinobi needs to be able to adapt to any situation, shinobi are assassins and spies. We specialize in stealth, infiltration and covert attacks. We are not supposed to be seen. Jonin are ninja who can do all of that and still have the firepower to destroy a house. There are different levels of strength within the rank of Jonin, there are regular Jonin who got their rank because they accomplished the requirements to become a Jonin. Which is to showcase an advanced proficiency in all aspects required of a shinobi.

Then you have shinobi who set themselves apart either with their incredible feats or special skills. Asuma Sarutobi, famous for his smoke release. The Ino-Shika-Cho trio famous for their individual prowess and their synergy as a team.

Might Dai, a special case that died as a genin but not without a fight. He was out with his son on the battlefield when they ran into the seven ninja swordsmen of the mist, using a special fighting style he created and the years of dedication he poured into training his body he was able to open the 8th gate of death and killed 4 of the 7 ninja swordsmen before they retreated, he died shortly after.

His son, Might Guy, carried on his legacy by becoming a Jonin and surpassing his father to spread the 'Power of Youth' as he calls it.

The White Fang, Sakumo Hatake, who is stronger than the three Sanin and would have been the Hokage currently if he had not unfortunately committed suicide.

Then there is his son Kakashi Hatake who graduated from the academy at 5 years old, only a year after he enrolled. The year after that he was allowed to take the Chunin exams which he passed. Then he made history once again by becoming one of the youngest ninja to become a Jonin, at 11.

Then you have Itachi Uchiha, a genius ninja that is too pure for this world."

"Huh?" Exclaimed Sasuke.

"He was forced to massacre his clan due to rising concerns that the Uchiha were going to stage a coup, he had long since lost faith in the Uchiha clan due to their arrogance and superiority complex. He reached a deal with the Hokage to protect his little brother Sasuke Uchiha in exchange for his services as a secret agent outside the village."

"Wait, what? w- I- wha-" He tried to run away, but I stopped him.

"You can't keep running from your problems and suppressing your emotions. That will just lead you down a dark path. You need to move on, this is bigger than you. I'm not telling you that you can't grieve but you have to understand that many more people would have died if your brother did not do what he did."

"He could have told me! I have been hating him for the past 2 years! Trying to get stronger so that I can get revenge for my clan and now you're telling me we were the bad guys?" He yelled, tears coming down his face.

"It's not that simple, things may have been resolved but it was too late. The Uchiha have been at war with the Senju for centuries that's not something that just goes away. Due to the actions of Madara Uchiha, the Second Hokage and his students treated the Uchiha with caution. The Second's students became the elders of the village and the other became the Third Hokage. The tradition of treating the Uchiha with caution carried on and the more extremist of them was a man named Danzo Shimura. He has always wanted to be the Hokage and make Konoha the greatest and only village in the elemental nations. He often relies darker methods to get things done and doesn't trust anyone. When the nine-tailed beast attacked the villag- Actually wait, NARUTO!"

"WHAT!" He yelled back.

"Get over here, you're going to want to hear this." I replied.

When he got close he looked at Sasuke and asked, "What're you doing here?"

"Nunya," Replied Sasuke.

"Naruto, pay attention," I said, before they start fighting. "This is important, anyways, when the nine-tailed beast attacked the village there were many people who witnessed the Kyuubi having Sharingan eyes. People started to doubt the Uchiha's loyalty to the village and due to rising tensions between the Uchiha and the villagers, the Uchiha were moved to the outskirts of the village. This was mainly instigated by Danzo, then 5 years later the Uchiha clan was reaching it's boiling point.

They could not do their job as the police force of the village anymore due to mistrust of the villagers. Add on the constant and blatant surveillance of their compound and they've had enough. Shisui Uchiha was given the mission to use his powerful genjutsu ability on the leaders of the clan to prevent the coup but was stopped by Danzo. Thankfully, I had been sent with my team in secret to protect him in case anything happens. I apprehended Danzo and left the rest of his lackeys to my teammates while I followed Shisui to the clan leaders house.

Once we got there, we saw Fugaku sitting outside his home. He didn't look surprised to see Shisui, a fight broke out and once Shisui revealed his Mangekyo Sharingan to try and use his genjutsu, Fugaku revealed his own Mangekyo. The plan failed and once I asked him to retreat he rejected the idea and told me to leave. I later found out that Shisui Uchiha committed suicide. From what I know, Itachi spent the next year observing the Uchiha clan and was left disappointed. He given the order to massacre the clan, and did so when he was certain that they were going to execute a coup. He did it in exchange for your safety Sasuke," I said.

"As for why this is important for you Naruto is because you are not my actual brother, you're adopted as I'm sure you already know."

"I figured," Said Naruto with a sad look.

"Your parents died protecting you from an attack from the Kyuubi, your mother was an Uzumaki and the jinchuriki of the nine tails. The seal keeping the nine tails in your moms body was weakened during birth. Something must have happened for the nine tails to be released from her body and summoned into the center of the village. Stuff like that don't happen on their own. It must have been a rogue Uchiha who took the nine tails, controlled it and summoned it into the center of the village. Anyways, after the nine tails was apprehended, your father sealed half of it into your body and the other half into himself. He wanted you to be considered a hero who saved the village.

My mother was a close friend of your mom and was devastated when she passed away and decided to take you in. As for you Sasuke, your mom became friends with my mom when they met at the playground, that's where you and Naruto met as well right? They decided to set up playdates when they saw you two get along. The icing on the cake was when they found out that they both hand older children as well who were also friends. Overtime, they became closer and bonded over stories of their mutual friend and the many things they had in common."

"Oh my god, that's a lot to take in." Naruto said.

"I know, and I'm sorry to drop this on you guys like this, but it's best that you know this know so you have time to process it and move on because if you find this out at a bad time then it can lead you guys astray, I know, it's happened before. Take a week off, and if you guys have any questions, let me know."

So I decided to just get it over with and tell them straight up, they are mature enough to handle this information and if they can move past this then they will only grow. I don't want this information to blow up in their faces in the future.

__________

The reason Naruto isn't in much distress over this information is because of his childhood. He had Haruki and Seishin as a mother and older brother. He's not feeling like he missed out on anything. As for Sasuke, I'm sure when he has time to think about it, he'll appreciate the honesty of Seishin telling him straight up what happened. He won't be led astray because he'll have Seishin to teach him and make him stronger.

I wrote this chapter a couple of day ago, but had to go back and edit some stuff. The algorithm on YouTube shorts kept showing me Naruto stuff that relevant to the events in this chapter. Some stuff I got wrong, anyways, this story is not perfect and never will be. But if you see any major inconsistences then let me know and I'll consider changing them.

2