Chapter 55: Meet the Knight
55 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

– GOC Facility, New York City, America - 7:00PM –

[Intruder alert! An unidentified individual has entered the facility!] 

The P.A system announced. Alarm bells blaring out, activating sirens and klaxons throughout the Global Occult Coalition facility near the UN headquarters in New York City.

A head security personnel looked at each of the panels gravely, "An intruder has entered the facility?! Dear God!" 

Action music begins playing in the background as the head security grabs a standard pump-action shotgun from the weaponry shaft and dashes down the stairs before running down the hall.

"All nearby security personnel, head to my location, we have to protect the classified documents!" he shouted over the radio. He had to get to the intel room and defend the classified documents to whatever had infiltrated one of the GOC's secured facilities.

"Little help here?!" A young security personnel was trying desperately to open the door to a room, where it housed countless secret information.

"Alright! Step aside, son." The head security roughly pushed him to the side to unlock the door, only to let out a frown. "Damn it. I forgot the passcode." he said, beginning to press the code on the keypad repeatedly.

"Come on man. We need to get in there." The young security personnel said, waiting impatiently for the door to open.

"I know! I swear I've memorized the passco-" The head security stops mid-sentence as down the hall a frantic, bulky security guard comes around the corner and charges down the hallway with a massive minigun spinning in hand as he is barreling towards the door.

"INCOMING!"

The large GOC security guard barreled through the two and broke down the door. The room was undisturbed, save for the now broken door. All three screaming as three of them entered, tumbling and screaming into the Intelligence Room.

As soon as they stumbled against the floor, the three guards moved their eyes around the room, only to find nothing had been moved, even the file cabinets, as if nothing was actually taken. 

The head security held his shotgun toward the side in relief, "Everything is clear, boys." 

"And I was expecting some action." The large GOC guard with the minigun looks down sadly.

"Tough luck man."

"Ahem!"

The three guards turned toward another guard and appeared with a body of his fallen comrade slung over his shoulder. 

"Gentlemen?" he let out a French accent as he spoke.

.

.

.

~ TF2 Intro Music ~


[ Meet the Knight ] 

.

.

.

The fourth GOC guard adjusted the slumped body over his shoulder. He stepped into the room as broken glass cracked beneath his feet. "I see the Intelligence Room is untouched." he said, approaching the other guards as they collected themselves. 

"Safe and sound!"

The guard with the body on his shoulders seemed to think for a moment, "Tell me," he looked between each of the people in the room, "Did anyone happen to see a knight on the way here?" Being met with only shrugs, his face turned sour, "No? Then we've still got a problem." He slammed the body of another GOC guard on the table with a butterfly knife embedded in his back.

The head security winced, "What happened to him?"

"He was on guard duty on the rooftop and was already dead when I reached him. And the one responsible is the one who owns this knife, is the Knight." The fourth guard stated, pointing to the knife on the dead soldier's back.

The young guard scoffed, "Come on. A knight?" He took the knife out of the dead guard's back and started to spin it rather gracelessly in his hand, " It could just be a foundation Agent for all we know, who might be a professional at infiltration and guerilla warfare?" He gestured toward him, "Like you!" He lost what focus he had and the blunt end of the blade hit his finger. "Ow!" He flinched in pain as he dropped the knife on the table and started to suck on his new injury.

The guard with the french accent picked up the knife and spun it in hand with the grace and skill of a professional before handing it to the young guard, "I assure you, kid. This knight was not like me and he was no foundation Agent. He is an anomalous entity."

"Oh really? And how do you know this entity?"

"I was gathering some intelligence regarding certain entities a few days back and found out about this Knight," he stated, tossing a folder onto the desk, scattering several compromising photos falling out from their manila housing. Each was a picture of captured footage of the Knight in several alleyways during midnight somewhere in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and New Jersey.  

"And let me tell you that he is not to be messed with. He is really good at his job." He pulls out a cigar, lights it up and puffs out carbon monoxide from his mouth before looking off with a glare, as the score starts to swell. It was the theme of a man that could be right behind you, and you'd never know until the knife was in your back. "The Knight has already breached our defenses and is in this facility as we speak."

The screen faded to show the Spy, the one who has become Silver Chariot, was running down a hallway before placing himself against the wall to the side where he found a GOC guard. Quickly, he throws a sapper to a security camera on the ceiling, disabling it.

The GOC guard notices him and frantically reaches for his pistol to shoot the Spy, only to get backed into a closed door and shot in the head by Spy's primary weapon, the Ambassador, allowing him to make his getaway with revolver drawn, and another gunshot caused the screen to return to the fourth guard addressing the trio from before.

“Just see what he’s done to our colleagues.” The GOC guard said, gesturing at the guard's corpse frantically.

The GOC guard, armed with a sniper rifle, was standing on the rooftop with Spy deactivating his invisibility watch, moving slowly toward him from behind and preparing to backstab him, but the guard was alerted when he noticed the intruder's presence. He spun around to try to engage Spy, but that was difficult in close quarters with a sniper rifle as gets kicked. Almost falling out over the edge and drops his gun out of his grasp. 

Being disarmed, the GOC guard immediately took out his combat knife and swung at Spy. 

The trained Spy kept out of reach of the blade for a while, dodging the flailing knife before counterattacking, scoring a small cut under the guard's eye. As the guard attempted one last hack at the Spy, the Spy spun around the guard with a slash at his side deftly guts his ribcage, slashes the back of his skull before spinning into a backstab. The force of the blow caused him to fall from his height to the ground below as the Spy brushed his gloved hand against his suit jacket.

Until then, he heard footsteps and immediately used his invisibility watch to escape, leaving his knife behind.

“Worst of all, he could be any one of us.”

Outside a vault door, a GOC guard without a helmet attacks the Spy with a combat knife which he caught his arm and wrapped his own around it, keeping him in place. Suddenly, Spy's face begins to smoke and flashes of orange morph his appearance to match the guard's. The guard's eyes widened in surprise, his brown eyes staring into his own.

While the GOC guard was taken aback seeing that, the disguised Spy struck his neck with a well-placed chop at lightning-fast speed with enough force to incapacitated him, sending his sunglasses upward. As the guard fell, the Spy caught the glasses midair and placed them on his face, completing his disguise and proceeding on his mission.

In the intelligence room, the fourth guard becomes more frantic as he talks, his cigarillo leaving a thin wavy trail of smoke in the air.

"He could be in this very room! He could be you! He could be me! He could even be-"

—BANG!

His sentence is immediately cut off when his head exploded and was blasted apart, a mass of blood spurting out of the headless body.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What the hell man!?" The young guard exclaimed as he jumped back, looking at the headless GOC guard with a look of horror as it went limb.

The head security steps back, pumping his smoking shotgun and a satisfied grin on his face as photos scatter around the room.

"Wasn't it obvious? He knew so much about the Knight and brought the body here as well. Which means he was the Knight all along!" 

The head security and the guard with the minigun approached the fourth guard's body to examine it, with the young guard following behind.

"Watch, he should return to normal any second now..."

"..."

After a while with no reaction, the head security personnel poked his foot with his gun. 

"Any second now…"

In the background, the young guard straightens his posture with a sinister expression. After a moment, he started to move closer toward the two.

The bulky GOC guard grimaced, "Looks like we still have a problem." 

"The biggest problem might be losing our jobs."

"Yup."

As the young guard approached, he took out the bloody butterfly knife from before, silently flipping it open through his fingers with ease.

The two guards sighed over the fourth guard's body. The head security nodded and stood upright again.

"In this case, where do you think the Knight might be?"

"Not sure."

As the young guard gets closer, his body flickers and melts to reveal the Spy, spinning the blade to reverse grip as he spoke, his personal accent returning.

“Right behind you.”

The two guards looked toward each other in a shocked realization.

The next instant, everything goes black as their cries and the sound of stabbing echo throughout the room.

After inflicting twenty-eight stab wounds which killed them no doubt, the Spy searches through the filing cabinets for something. 

'According to information provided to us by our client, the Global Occult Coalition has a Stand here in this facility and is set to be executed today at 9 PM. All I have to do is search through the files to locate its cell.'

After spending himself minutes of searching, the Spy finally found a file which had today's date marked on it. He opened it and found what he was looking for. 

"Perfect."

—————————————————————

Inside the containment cell was a large rectangular mirror on the wall, but was covered by a cloth. The door of the cell opened, and the Spy stepped in while in his invisible state. He swiftly tosses a zapper at the camera in the room, disabling it before deactivating his invisibility watch and removing the cloth from the mirror. 

Within the mirror, there was a humanoid stood with its back facing front. 

"Bonjour."

Hearing the greeting, the humanoid's head perked up and turned its head around to face the Spy. 

"Silver Chariot?"

"Just call me Spy."

The humanoid's eyes widened, "Why are you here?"

"To break you out."

—————————————————————

Outside the facility, a large group of GOC security personnels patrolled the perimeter, frantically searching for the intruder they had been ordered to apprehend. But to no luck, they had not managed to locate the target.

A lone GOC guard can be seen leaving the facility and quickly flees into the dim alleyway when no one is there to witness his escape.

Moments later, the GOC guard halted his steps to catch his breath, only to be swallowed by a cloud of smoke. As the smoke cleared, the figure was revealed to be the Spy.

“That went well,” the Spy murmured to himself as he pulled out a glass shard from his back pocket. Within the shard, the humanoid figure from the mirror could be seen.

“You know, I could have traveled through your knife or even your eye’s reflection,” the figure said. “You didn't have to carry me in a glass shard.”

“Perhaps,” the Spy replied, "But at least you’re out of the facility.”

“Yeah.”

“I have an offer for you, should you choose to accept it.”

“What sort of offer?”

“Something that could set us up for life.”

————————————————————

– Rooftop, Site-19, America - 7:30 PM –

Amelia stood on the rooftop of Site-19, gazing up at the serene night sky. The events of the morning weighed heavily on her mind. Though she was relieved that Rodeo had pulled through, witnessing him in such a lifeless state in the conference room had shaken her to her core. Although Amelia had seen death at the hands of SCPs and other organizations before, she merely knew the majority of them were either unfamiliar to her or people she barely knew. Back then, she had always been able to remain detached and impassive.

But...

Seeing a kind soul like Rodeo almost... almost dangerously meeting his end was something she never wanted to witness again.

"You okay?"

Amelia heard a man’s voice behind her and turned to see Green.

“I'm fine. Just a bit shaken up from what happened in the morning. Needed some air to clear my head.”

“Amelia, tell me what's bothering you?”

Amelia glanced down and replied with worry. “Green, I'm afraid for him. I'm afraid that if he keeps finding himself in these dangerous situations, he might... not come back one day. He’s already bearing so many scars and has narrowly escaped death so many times. And now, he’s in a hospital bed all because I was the target.”

“Amelia, this isn't your fault.”

“It is my fault, Green! Ever since 'Ride Me to Hell' tried to come after me, Rodeo's been putting himself in more harm than ever. And today, he nearly lost his life.”

“Amelia, the kid knows what he's doing, and you should be grateful that he's alright.”

“I am glad that he is alright. But how much more can he handle it? How many more times will he have to take these hits for me and everybody else?”

"Come on, I've been hit pretty hard in my life, and yet here I am, still standing strong."

“But still, Green. How much more until he-”

Green cut her off with a sudden hug, which she was unprepared for, “He’ll be alright, Amelia. All we have to do is persevere and support him. He wouldn't want to see you like this, you know, worried.”

"I know," says Amelia as she gives her own embrace in return, “I truly want to share with him my past, Thomas. I genuinely do, but I'm just so afraid that if I open up anything about my past and family, I'll lose everything.”

“You won't, Amelia. And nobody is pressuring you to be honest. Just take your time. Alright?”

"Alright."

As they pulled back from the hug, Green smiled, “Come on. Let's go check on Rodeo.”

Amelia nodded, and the two walked together toward the infirmary.

—————————————————————

– Ward C, Infirmary, Site-19 - 7:40 PM –

Rodeo was still recuperating from the injuries he had sustained this morning and was laying on the bed with ice packs and bandages all over him. Green and Amelia walked in, catching his attention as the door of the ward opened.

"Heyo..." Rodeo greeted them weakly.

“Hi Rodeo. How are you feeling right now?” asked Green.

“Feeling alright,” Rodeo replied, “So where's Evan and the rest?” 

Amelia filled him in, “Evan's doing training. Collingwood's checking on Lawrence with Carlos, and Sophia's in the cafeteria.”

Rodeo then inquired, “I do want to ask though. What happened to my phone? I couldn't find it in my stomach.”

“After you got... electrocuted, your phone was suffering some glitches but remained remarkably unharmed. But still, we decided to store it in a storage locker for testing purposes.” she explained.

"You think it might be anomalous?"

“When you first arrived at Site-17, your phone ended up with you as well. Correct?”

"Yeah, it was."

“So we theorized that your phone may have gone through some anomalous effects during your arrival in Site-17, which might explain how your phone didn't short circuit or explode by the amount of jolts of electricity it endured along with you.” Amelia explained.

“At least it's not broken. Did the request for SCP-006 get approved?”

Amelia sighed, "Unfortunately, no."

“It’s alright, Amelia. Not everything falls into place immediately.”

Green chimed in, “Emma managed to convince the other site directors and the council to consolidate the rest of the Stands in foundation custody here.”

"That's good. When will they arrive?" Rodeo asked.

“Not sure, but they could arrive as soon as tomorrow,” Green responded.

“Well, we're making progress at least.”

“But we're still without any solid leads on Chilli Pepper or Ride Me to Hell,” Amelia said in concern.

“And regarding the French man that Chili pepper mentioned.” Green added.

“Yeah, that’s another issue,” Rodeo agreed.

“...Do you think they’ll attempt another attack?” Amelia enquired.

“I can’t say for sure, but if they do, we’ll be ready,” Rodeo reassured her.

“You know they’re targeting me, right?” Amelia said in a soft voice.

“I do. But we'll be on your side, no matter what happens.”

Amelia smiled with a warm expression. “Thank you, Rodeo."

4