Chapter 65: Pure Love
37 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

– In an Alleyway Far From the Park - 11: 40 PM –

Standing in a dim alleyway waiting for someone with his arms folded across his chest, Miguel turned his head to the right and saw Amelia approaching with a bag of medical supplies in hand.

"No one saw you, right?" he inquired.

Amelia nodded, "No one."

"Good, let's move," Miguel said.

A few minutes later, the two slipped into an apartment building unnoticed. They made their way down the corridor and entered the elevator, heading for the third floor. As the elevator ascended, Amelia turned to Miguel.

"Who was that humanoid in the glass?" Amelia asked, her curiosity piqued.

Miguel explained, "That was the Hanged Man. It's a Stand that can jump between reflective surfaces in a linear pattern and can attack people by attacking their reflections."

"That's how he was able to attack Green?"

"But the attack was meant for Rodeo." Miguel corrected.

"I know."

As soon as they entered the apartment, Rodeo shut the door behind them. Green lay face down on the couch, shirtless but still wearing his pants, his back marked with fresh slashes. Amelia pulled up a chair next to him, taking bandages, thread, a needle, and antibiotic ointment from her bag to tend to his wounds.

As they began treating him, Green groaned, stirring.

"Green, are you feeling okay?" Amelia asked with concern.

Green groaned again. "Yeah. How long was I out?"

"About ten minutes due to the pain and shock."

"I see. Argh! But my back hurts like hell."

Amelia assessed the slashes, noting that while they weren't too deep, they still required care. She began patching him up with the supplies she had brought. 

As she worked, Green asked Rodeo and Miguel, "Can you explain how you both made it here?"

Rodeo and Miguel exchanged a glance, then turned their attention back to Green, ready to explain to them.

Green winced as he shifted on the couch, shaking his head. "That might have been the craziest plan you can think of, and you didn't even tell us because you thought the enemy might find out some way."

Rodeo nodded solemnly. "I planned all of this behind your backs, but it was the only way to uncover the Stand faction targeting Amelia and put an end to them."

Miguel chimed in, "But dealing with three Stand users and three Human Stands was totally unexpected. But that Silver Chariot, he has an all too familiar voice I recognized from one particular video game I know."

Green turned his head slightly. "Who was it?"

Rodeo’s expression turned serious. "The Spy from Team Fortress 2. He’s a cunning man, able to become invisible and disguise himself as anyone. He's very sharp and intelligent."

"And always goes out with Scout's mom." Miguel added.

"..."

"Don't ask."

Then, Amelia finished patching up Green's wounds and turned to Rodeo. "This Spy. What's his job?" she asked.

"He's a mercenary. A gun for hire," Rodeo replied. "That makes me believe he took a contract with someone who's after you and accepted it. It's just a hunch from my side, but I think they're all doing this for money. Spy, I get, but the others, I'm not sure what their motives are."

Amelia lowered her gaze, contemplating his words. Rodeo pressed on, "Amelia, it's time you told us the truth. Who are you connected to that makes you a target?"

Amelia looked at Rodeo, and while his expression remained stoic, she knew he wanted answers. Green had been hurt because of the threat aimed at her, and Rodeo's concern was evident.

"All right," Amelia conceded. "But you all have to promise not to speak of this in front of 'him' and keep it just between us."

"Who's 'him'?" Miguel asked, intrigued.

"I'll explain now," Amelia said. "But you need to promise."

Everyone nodded in agreement, preparing to hear Amelia's explanation.

Taking a deep breath, Amelia opened her mouth to finally explain her biggest secret.

"My father's name is Dr. Numita Buck. He's a high level researcher who works for the Foundation, and... works very close to O5-1, the Founder of the Foundation himself."

The revelation left Rodeo, Miguel, and Green visibly stunned. Amelia continued, her voice heavy with emotion.

"But my father is stubborn and quick to anger. He demands things be done his way, and he's willing to use any cold, inhumane method to get the results he needs and not giving a damn who lives or dies. He also despises disappointment... especially in me. My entire childhood was ruined because of that man's stubborn attitude and anger. Even my mother couldn't stand him and eventually left, leaving me stuck with him for the rest of my life. He never showed love or warmth. He didn't show anything. He only showed coldness. I tried many times to be a daughter to him, but... he only saw me as another person or an assistant. He insists I call him Dr. Numita rather than father because he believes it shows more respect. He even... killed anyone who discovered his connection to O5-1, even making them 'disappear'. The only reason he told me only was because he knew I could keep it a secret, but if I told this to anyone, he wouldn't harm me, but he would punish me by killing those I told as a way to educate me his twisted way of teaching that one must be heartless to do good in this unforgiving world."

Amelia's face bore every negative emotion she felt as she spoke, the pain and trauma of her past clear for all to see.

Rodeo, Miguel, and Green found themselves struck by a range of emotions. Her explanation made them understand why she had often been cold and distant during her time at the Foundation, it all traced back to her father's harsh treatment.

"And you all wonder why I was always cold at the foundation... because of him. That's why. And the reason I joined the foundation was also because of him," Amelia's voice trembled as she spoke, "Everything that is happening right now is all because of him. I'm sorry I dragged you all into this. I'm so sorry." she said, tears streaming down her face.

The three men were at a loss for words. Amelia's life was hell from the beginning and the reason for her personality was because her father treated her like nothing and didn't show love. Rodeo clenched his hands tightly, his mind grappling with questions about the dark nature of the SCP world. 

Why? Just why are the people in the SCP world like this? Why can't just one, a single thing be happy? Why can't one be loved and have a nice life? Is it because the SCP world is meant to be like this? He just didn't know.

Miguel, meanwhile, felt a deep sense of disgust. Why treat her like this? There is no beauty in a cold heart, only ugliness and she had to look at that ugly heart throughout her life. While he barely knows her, he can understand the pain she has gone through. 

Green, while surprised by the O5 part, couldn't help but feel really bad for her messed up life with her father. In all the years he knew her, he thought her cold demeanor was because she took her job seriously, but to think there was a bigger reason behind it because of her tragic and complicated past, was shocking and heart-wrenching.

Amelia's fears were palpable as she shared her deepest anxieties about her father's ruthless methods and the potential danger her friends could face. "That's why I didn't want to tell you because if he finds out, he might kill you right in front of me, or worse, throw you into an SCP's cell... just to get results," she whispered, her tears flowing freely. "I... don't want to be alone again, like I was when I was a child. I can't bear to be that unloved little girl again."

Rodeo stepped forward, approaching her with gentle concern. He wiped away her tears, offering her reassurance. "Amelia, you won't lose us. Your secret is safe with us. We won't tell a soul, and even if he does find out, we'll protect you no matter what."

Miguel nodded in agreement. "He's right, Dr. Buck. We won't let anything happen to you. We will keep you safe no matter what obstacle comes in our way."

Green placed a comforting hand on Amelia's shoulder. "We're here for you, Amelia. You don't have to handle this alone, you have us on your side."

Amelia managed a small, grateful smile. "Thank you," she said, feeling the support from the three.

Rodeo's expression turned serious as he addressed the group. "Now we need to devise a plan."

"To leave the city or fight these Stand mercenaries?" Green asked.

"If we try to leave the city, they'll likely try to stop us," Rodeo explained. "So, Miguel and I will scout the city for a potential escape route while you and Amelia stay here."

"But what about your injuries?" Green asked, concerned.

Rodeo glanced down at himself, "Don't worry I'll be fine. But I'll be careful. Come on Miguel," he said, ready to set their plan in motion.

Miguel nodded and followed Rodeo out of the room. Amelia and Green were now the only ones. As they settled into the room, Amelia noticed Green still hadn't put his shirt back on.

"Agent Green, put your shirt back on," Amelia prompted.

Green gave a start. "Oh, right. Sorry." He went for his shirt from the couch and put it back on, followed by his jacket. He then sat down on the couch, and Amelia joined him.

"I feel... like a massive weight has been lifted off my shoulders," Amelia said with a sense of relief.

Green nodded, "Yeah, when you keep stuff like that hidden and then let it all out, it makes you feel better."

"Just like when you shared your past with Rodeo?" Amelia asked.

Green smiled faintly. "Exactly."

Amelia continued, "It seems we're not so different after all, Thomas. I lost a good childhood, and you lost... your family."

"We've both lost something in our lives, Amelia," Green agreed.

"That's true," Amelia said, finding solace in the shared understanding.

Amelia slowly rested her head on Green's shoulder. Green was a little bit surprised by this but given what she's been through and being hunted down she needed someone to be there to comfort her at this moment. A loved one. Green responded by gently wrapping his arm around her neck, providing the support she needed. Amelia was taken aback by his gesture but accepted it either way. 

"This feels kinda nice," she said with a small smile.

Green nodded, agreeing. "Yeah..." he said, and then paused. "Amelia, I want to ask you something."

"Yes?" she responded, looking up at him.

"I've... already told you how I feel about you that day in the elevator. So, I wanted to ask you... how do you feel about me?"

Amelia took a moment to collect her thoughts. "When I first met you, I didn't think much of you, but as time went on, I saw a man who was kind, always likes to crack jokes, and willing to risk his life for others. You weren't afraid of death and you had genuine feelings for me. I was foolish not to see it at first because I was too focused on my own matters rather than anybody else's. But as I got to know you better, I saw that behind your kind and heroic man, there was a troubling past you wanted to forget and move on from. I wish I could have talked to you about it sooner, But why I didn't ask those questions is because... I was focused on myself back then," she admitted honestly.

Then she looked into Green's eyes and continued, "Green, even if the world were to end one day by some SCP, or if a massive war were to break out, or if anything bad were to happen, I wouldn't mind spending those last moments with you."

Green smiled gently. "Me too."

"You said that day that you believe in second chances, right, Green?"

"Well, yeah."

"Then I want to have a chance to feel happiness again... but with you."

"Amelia..." Green whispered.

"Thomas..." Amelia whispered back.

Amelia and Green gazed deeply into each other's eyes, the same feeling they had felt in the elevator that day came back to them. Their hearts beat rapidly as they blushed slightly, their faces drawing closer until they closed their eyes and shared a passionate, gentle, and warm kiss. 

Both have gone through many hard things and had suffered in some way in their past lives, but now, in each other's embrace, they felt those old scars of the past being washed away from their minds. All they knew at that moment was love. Pure, genuine, and honest love. Even if this world went under an XK-class end of the world scenario they would at least be with each other till the end when that happens. They will not break apart, and they knew they would face it together, supporting each other through the toughest of times. No matter what the world throws at them or what evil comes after them they will deal with it not alone but together. They were determined to leave their past struggles behind and start something new together with the second chance they have. Because that is life. 

The kiss between them lasted for a few minutes until they finally parted with a string of saliva still connecting between their lips.

They smiled at each other, and Amelia spoke softly, "I love you, Thomas."

Green rested his forehead against hers and whispered back, "I love you too, Amelia."

While they might have had their happy moment. That still doesn't change the fact that the enemy was still after them. And one of those enemies was here. 

———————————————————————

As the elevator doors opened, Albert Winchester stepped out from it as his presence sent a chill down the corridor. As he walked, he pulled a large axe from his top hat and dragged it along the floor with a haunting metallic scrape. His voice carried an eerie, menacing tone as he sang, adding a sinister layer to the children's rhyme he always sang when he was a child.

"🎶 London Bridge is falling down. Falling down. Falling down. London Bridge is falling down. My fair lady🎶"

The melody echoed through the hallway, creating an ominous and unsettling atmosphere. The sight of Albert with his axe and his chilling rendition of the song sent a clear message. 

Danger was closing in.

4