Chapter 19: Cat & The Crimson Princess
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She truly was just like a little girl on her birthday.

The powerful goddess just zipped around the ship with a big old grin on her face; eyes not even closed as she freely let her aura flow out. This wasn’t intentional, she was just too excited to think things through and thus forgot to restrict her power, but fortunately there were no real negative consequences to that. Afterall she had sent pretty much everyone within the city on a grand pilgrimage to spread her name far and wide.

That little feline-hybrid just watched with a wagging tail from under the massive smiling witches hat which had been gifted to it from the girl. She was too busy to notice those small details. Instead she finished inspecting the monstrously large vessel before kicking off the port to quickly alight the ship.

Its design definitely reminded her of her home under the ocean - the style was very eastern inspired if put into modern terms. Something that should be obvious from the crimson paper-like sails which currently had no symbols of any kind. Though, looking up at it, she couldn’t help feeling that she should consider coming up with a logo to represent her. Her reasoning was not exactly deep and was actually exactly what one would expect from a little girl looking at a massive ship.

<It will be so cool to come into port, sails catching the wind, proudly displaying my own sigil that summarises what I am about. When people see it they’ll be like “oh it’s the mighty mother” and stuff like that as the bad guys run away. Making it easier to blast them with my powerful cannons as I laugh merrily with a kind smile pointed towards those thankful mortals who I saved with artillery ohohoho~!>

Merrily dreaming about the future as she wandered from the raised upper deck down onto the main deck all the way down to the cross between a poop & quarter deck. A railing sat at the very top. Allowing for her to overlook the entirety of the ship and (due to the sheer size of the nautical vessel) a lot of the city that was in front of her.

The streets were completely void of life - allowing her to completely take in the sights with a peacefully kind smile upon her face. Raising her hand up into the air. Narrowing her eyes as she seemed to enjoy the view in fro-

“Fire~!” <Alice>

*BOOM**BOOM**BOOM*
*BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM*
*BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM*
*BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM**BOOM*
*BOOM**BOOM**BOOM*

There was a city but then there wasn’t.

The inner gremlin of the god won over, she let her intrusive thoughts take over, as she felt her energy connect with inner workings of the ship. It was similar to the effect of a mage using a wand - the ship acting like a focal point that enhanced her power as a whole. Even greater was the fact she could completely control the ship with just herself.

That being the case; she could hardly be blamed for her blatant disregard. If anything she should be congratulated for holding herself back all this time. Yet her immature nature fully reared itself as she was given a metaphorical trigger that had “test me” written all over… Metaphorically.

Could she even be counted as living if she didn’t fire on a civilian settlement in order to test her weapon of mass destruction?

As soon as she got onto the deck she felt an intrinsic connection as it enhanced her (just through the fact it existed) but she felt even more. Every detail of the ship filled her mind, like a child happily telling its parent everything that it had learned in class that day, yet she couldn't help considering that there may be more that neither of them knew. The ship itself seemed to have some kind of rudimentary sentience that was obviously still developing nevertheless she was not worried. She was already convinced that the pair of captain & ship were in for the long haul.

When she commanded her cute little companion to show off… It did just that. One second there was a beautiful, if still obviously damaged, city. The next moment was filled with a flash of magenta & jade that signalled the transition of the massive metropolis into a gigantic crater. No signs that there was once a settlement even existed - other than the docks where the ship merrily bobbed.

Seeing this made Alice happily clap her hands - jumping up and down above the wheel which lay on a quarterdeck between the poop & main deck - as only crystals remained. The inside of the basin was completely covered in gems due to the entire area being glassed. Cannon fire being that intense despite the ship being equivalent to a newborn.

Being the ship of the {Infinite Mother} obviously meant it was far from reaching its full potential; simply because such a limit did not exist for her nor her treasure.

She couldn’t help taking a second out of her time to just admire the destruction she had caused. Even if she technically created a more vast & damaging cataclysm with her sword, that was a technique which she had created with a “great amount of time” behind it. At least a lot of time by her standards.

In addition the damage was limited to being a straight line.

Comparatively, the ship was able to release a volley that had far more variety if  with more limited range since she still didn’t know the maximum range of her blade. However the {Crimson Princess} was literally fresh off the docks. Alice instinctively could tell that (just like her) the ship had no knowing the limit for how strong it could grow and what it could adapt to.

“She’s perfect~.” <Alice>

Knowing she would finally have a partner that could keep up with her; she let out a little giggle all the while slowly stroking the seemingly wooden bannister like a pet. In return the seafaring vessel appeared to respond due to the ship creaking & groaning as if happily preparing to bear the weight of her hefty expectations. Although their touching moment was cut off due to that familiar hybrid hopping up onto the railing with that massive hat still hiding it’s body.

“Chehehe~ nice to see a happy customer~!” <Little Black Gryphon>

“Indeed; how did you even get her~?” <Alice>

Tilting her head with a smile that was still “kind” however, unlike with her usual smile, there was a hint of mischief that you would never have expected in the prior mother. That sight caused the kitten’s hair to stand up on end as it trembled. An enamoured grin formed under the hat as they happily explained.

“I made it!” <Little Black Gryphon>

Now that was a surprise to the goddess.

She immediately reached out to grab the little talons - lifting the kitten up as she carefully inspected it’s body with a furrowed brow. Meanwhile, the cat in question just moved their paws to cover up their private area bashfully, though the girl did make note that she finally discovered his sex. With the hat falling down his entire body was revealed but he did slowly turn his large eyes towards her with a blush.

“It’s my first time; be gentle…” <Little Black Gryphon>

Unfortunately his crush remained somewhat unrecognised as she had her thoughts firmly placed elsewhere at the moment.

<How does he make a ship this big with such cute little paws… Talons? Either way; what an impressive little cutie to do something like this. Doesn’t seem like he is lying to me either - no way a creature this cute has a bad bone in their body.>

Nodding her head in confidence as she leaned in toward the face of that cute little critter - the poor little thing getting all the wrong signals. Closing his large eyes while pouting with their carefully maintained beak in preparation for a kiss. A kiss that doesn’t arrive as Alice instead lets out a little “hmm~” as she studies the face of the anomaly of a creature.

“I feel a strange connection with you… What is your name?” <Alice>

There was a weird heat in her chest which was certainly weird as there should be no illness in creation that can affect a primordial god let alone her. In addition she was sure she wasn’t imagining things since there was even an additional feeling of butterflies within her tummy. Just holding the little man like this made her feel fuzzy which was very weird.

“Meo-my name?” <Little Black Gryphon>

“Mhm.” <Alice>

Narrowing her eyes to study the cute little face.

“Chaos J Faust!” <Little Black Gryphon>

Hearing that weird name made her head fall to one side in curiosity; asking what she felt was the most obvious question for the situation.

“What does the J in your name stand for?”  <Alice>

“...” <Chaos J Faust>

There was a… Strange moment of hesitation before they continued in the normal chipper voice.

“Obviously Periodic-Table~!” <Chaos J Faust>

Alice just decided that she was done with questions - dropping the little gremlin which got an adorable little yelp from the troublemaker. Instead she slid across the handrail of the poop deck to land upon the quarterdeck awaiting her bellow. Instead of looking out in front of the ship she turned towards the open sea with a longing.

Chaos, for better or worse, was wholly unaffected from being dropped and merely glided on his wings and promptly landed on the railing in front of Alice. She walked up to the wooden wheel to take two of its spokes within her hands. Beginning her journey by turning her ship wheel.

“Where are we going… And how when there are only us two?” <Chaos J Faust>

“Four.” <Alice>

“Huh?” <Chaos J Faust>

“There are four of us~!” <Alice>

In response the ship creaked once more as the sails soon opened as they were; in addition the waves themselves seemed to answer her call to action. Obeying her desire as the {Crimson Princess} proved herself to be more than just a weapon of mass destruction. Picking up speed at an honestly godly pace.

“Our destination is conveniently on the opposite side of this little body of water; most needing to hug the land route that circles around. We’ll be going directly across since there is nothing in the seas that I need to fear. As a result we should arrive before they ever find news of what I did in their little city nor even know that I am coming for the girl!” <Alice>

“Genius~!” <Chaos J Faust>

Like that the two young primordials headed out to find more than either could have ever expected…

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

“Who the fuck is he?” <Cheshire>

0