Chapter 21: Cat Watches Departure
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh~ you’re back~!” <Chaos J Faust>

That little cute creature was just lazily sprawled out upon the deck of the soon to be infamous ship - the crimson princess - with his body still hidden under that hat. Clearly fully embracing his feline bloodline as he stretched out and let out a long drawn out meow-yawn hybrid noise. Slovenly looking toward the goddess who just jumped in front of him from above.

The ship currently weighs anchor just off the coast of the massive mountain range as Mother didn’t want to waste any more time on land than she needed. This certainly meant that they didn’t run into as many patrols as they maybe would have if they went on the same route as the dragons…

Though that hardly mattered too much.

It was not as if they snuck up on the dragons which also meant getting the attention of a lot of wandering patrols and then those that were confused that those patrols didn’t report in. As a result, the pirate ship was truly living up to its name, as the divine dragoness got up to her old tricks once more. Surrounding the ship were countless corpses (in addition to the severed arms of those corpses) as the water around the vessel was literally dyed as red as it could possibly be.

The potent bloodlines that the dragons held constantly mixed together only to fight for dominance leading to a pool of boiling blood. Not that the sturdy princess seemed to care. If anything it seemed to quite enjoy the process as her hull creaked under the increasing power that she contained; revelling in the blood.

Unlike her ship, Mother was not so happy.

She still retained her kind smile but it was obvious to anyone that she was struggling to keep it as her closed eyes & lip corners continuously twitched. That little black gryphon did not worry too much as he instead looked around her. Head soon falling to the side as a question mark practically popped over the oversized hat he wore.

“I thought you were bringing the-” <Chaos J Faust>

“Those three can take care of themselves o…ho…ho…ho~...” <Mother>

Her head now began to twitch as she did not even let out her usual laugh; it being the most forced laugh that either of the pair had heard in their relatively short lives as primordial entities.

Fortunately the little fluff ball of chaos was wise enough to not push his luck - though it didn’t seem like he realised Mother’s feelings as he laughed along while saying “that’s good”. Soon an awkward silence appeared between the two. Mother not wanting to say anything due to her first defeat after being trained by the little black cat having just occurred in the most embarrassing fashion. Meanwhile Chaos had always been an enigma so it was impossible to even begin guessing what he was thinking about.

As such, time passed, only the tortured screams of the half alive dragons Mother ran into on her way back broke the silence.

Both just remained where they stood/lay; the ship slowly drifted due to ripples caused by the corpses.

That was until the little gremlin spoke up once more.

“So~ I should probably leave…” <Chaos J Fause>

It was only then that Mother managed to let go of her sizzling anger. Her eyes widened behind her eyelids as she felt a little hollow in her chest. Which was surprising as they were definitely as big as always.  Still her hand came up to her chest to make sure there weren’t any unusual cavities in her motherly bosom.

“Why?” <Alice>

Her question was brief and contained so much that she didn’t know how to express or even begin to comprehend herself. She didn’t know how she felt about the cutie in front of her but she at least understood that she wanted him around. Enjoying his company even if the two of them had nothing that connected them on the surface; other than minorly similar pasts.

Sadly neither of the pair were in a position where they could remain stationary - whether that meant physically or otherwise.

“There was this crazy lady from the {Heavenly Realm} that already followed me around screaming about maintaining a grand destined result or something so it’s best if I leave. Unfortunately she is, like, crazy strong while having a bunch of other gods who follow her every whim and force me away. At the very least it has allowed me to see more of the world~!” <Chaos J Faust>

The chick-kitten was bubbly enough to make one think it wasn’t a particularly important nor scary situation nevertheless Alice did not take to it well. Her kind expression vanished as her head tilted toward the skies as if trying to find something. Those deep-ocean-like eyes narrowing behind her eyelids as if challenging whatever she was looking toward.

“I can kill all those bullies who chase you.” <Alice>

“Eh~ but you have your own enemies; right?” <Chaos J Faust>

She wanted to refute him but soon turned away with her cheeks slowly inflating in an abnormally childish pout - though her strength appeared even stronger than when she was trying to be mature.

“I mean… Yeah…” <Alice>

“Then it would be bad if they all ganged up on you; at least this way you can take out the lizards then take out those selfish gods~!” <Chaos J Faust>

His little talons spread out as if suggesting that they work together to take the entire world - Mother could only pout in response. As much as she had progressed in increasing her strength… She could not be sure of the powers that those in the {Heavenly Realm} held. It was at least clear that she alone was nowhere near enough to take them on at the moment.

Still she wanted to refute him but was unable to in time; the little thing showing off his arcane might as a hole in the fabric of space-time formed just behind him. Giving a little wave of his claw as he slowly walked back into it. Mother took a step forward, hand outstretched to stop him, yet she was not fast enough.

“See you around… Hopefully!” <Chaos J Faust>

With that… He was gone.

And she was alone once again.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

Meanwhile, it hadn’t just been little Alice that kept herself busy, Cheshire was busy keeping their little rebellion as it began to clearly grow into a conflict which would engulf the entire realm. She showed no fear at the grand scale - however - as if she had expected all this in the first place. Sat on a desk in the middle of the training field (kids already hard at work training) with many little corvids roaming around with stacks of paper in their arms.

Off to the side of her desk was a crystal ball - appearing to be filled with naught but shadows - which still displayed live footage of “Mother”’s struggles. Although the one in charge of the recording had taken a little bit of distance due to the natural fear of death. Cheshire did not mind too much.

Still she couldn’t help having her eyes unconsciously turn toward the hybrid that the young dragoness had obviously grown quite attached to despite their meeting being relatively brief & sudden.

“That kid… There is something about him…” <Cheshire>

| Did any of us have a kid? |
| It certainly seems like the case but… |
||| How the fuck would any of us give birth!? |||

“Hm… It’s not like there are no answers…” <Cheshire>

| Okay, fess up, who went ahead and used that research! |
| We only just finished it. |
| If one of us set up a bunch of relays it wouldn’t be impossible for us to use chronomancy… |
| And get those pesky divine fuckers on our flat tits? |
| Then how do we explain it… Other than it just being a random brat that seems similar to us? |
| Maybe it is a parallel us with a dick. |
| I have a dick. |
||| We have found Chaos! |||
| I am not Chaos. |
||| We have lost Chaos! |||

Cheshire just chuckled while laying back in her rather comfortable chair; closing her eyes for a moment as she took a deep breath. The crow-beak mask allows her to take in a concentrated plume of medicine with what she breathed out passing out of small seams/vents on the sides. Dark purple plumes giving her quite the threatening appearance despite the facts behind her intimidating appearance.

“There is something you, myselves, are all overlooking due to dealing with worlds that have a rather limited degree of both danger and advancement chehehe…” <Cheshire>

Finally the arguments between herselves ended as all their attention was on the variant they had lovingly decided to refer to as “Cheshire Prime” when they weren’t being jokesters.

Which was rare.

“You have all been thinking in terms of merely slowing the passage of time… A simple task for a gathering of geniuses like us.” <Cheshire>

She could feel the smugness from her council of black cats yet she wasn’t done.

“This gave us the arrogance that we were the only ones who would do it; what you have failed to consider was the travel through time itself. You all may think that there is no way that someone would be able to do something that we can’t, at least not without the tribulation, however nothing is impossible. Merely improbable, which is why all of us are here together nyah~.” <Cheshire>

Her elbows came to rest upon the armrests while her fingers came to interlock - likely would have been more intimidating if not for everything basically being miniaturised to fit her tiny stature.

| You don’t mean…? |

“I believe it fits him quite well - doesn’t it? NYAHAHAHIHIHI~!” <Cheshire>

| It is pretty chaotic… |
| To exist… |
||| Before you were born chehehe! |||

0