Chapter 38: Unexpected wealth in the midst of a sea of ​​Monsters blood
204 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dazzling golden light surrounded Priscilla's body, emanating an overwhelmingly sacred feeling from her petite body.

From that light, apart from the inviolable feeling that the spectators perceived, they also felt a strange sensation of invigorating energy entering them, making their bodies and souls feel more energetic than ever in their entire lives.

Arisella even felt that her muscles and joints no longer hurt like before. She felt like new.....although of course, I still wanted a good bath.

That was the [Life] attribute spiritual power weakly released by Priscilla during her awakening. It had the power to enhance the vitality of living beings simply by being involuntarily absorbed.

At the same time that everyone felt healthier than ever, a vast and majestic sacred power emerged from Priscillia's body; converging around her and forming huge purple lotus petals that emerged resplendently and quickly enveloped her in a cocoon, enclosing her within it.

This left most of the spectators stunned, and for their part, Maximiliano looked at the phenomenon with concern and anxiety, wondering what was happening with his wife.

Compared to John Wick...This scene was 10 times more magnificent and mystical!

Arisella thought in amazement. 

This was truly a sight to behold. By comparison, John Wick's awakening now felt like a mediocre illusionist's trick.

Well, when push came to shove, it was evident to her that this is not a matter of Priscilla's awakening, but rather the Goddess Aphrodite having fun putting on this show...

However, the most important thing for Arisella was whether this meant that she reached the Fourth Rank. 

If so, that would be great!

A Fourth Rank Cleric, considered the most powerful individuals of the Clergy after the Pope and the Saints; those who receive the title of Archbishops from the Great Temple...

What healer could be more trustworthy than that!? Not to forget that she is a Saint Candidate with at least three divine protections!

At the very least, the power she could display would easily surpass two ordinary Fourth Rank Clerics....like Alica and Selena.

Don't get her wrong, Arisella was not belittling them. Not only were her beloved aunts who raised her, but they were also powerful clerics who were able to exert great religious influence throughout the empire.

But honestly, they were not in the same league as a Fourth Rank Saint Candidate. Although the general public did not know about the Saint Candidates, the Great Temple, on the other hand, was another matter...

Therefore, Arisella was looking forward to it.

What will be the result?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

After beginning his awakening, Priscilia felt the spiritual power within her soul rush to a place her mortal mind could not grasp, opening several immaterial paths that she did not know existed within her but that, nevertheless, felt so real and intimate on a level. fundamental of existence.

And along with a large amount of sacred power, she could also faintly sense the goddesses' divinity fragments coming from that connection; merging with their 'Source'.

And with this, a unique and powerful energy was born from that divinity as its origin, forging some species of Nuclei within her with different colors and further strengthening the intangible but real connection between her and the goddesses.

Priscillia didn't know how she should explain it better... she could simply feel that powerful connection that seemed to transcend time and space, with wills beyond her comprehension, whispering to her things she couldn't fully comprehend. Still, she could somehow sense some emotion in them, as if it were a conversation.

Υπέροχη, τι καλή επιλογή, κοριτσάκι.  A mature and serious female voice spoke, sounding satisfied.

Η αξιολάτρευτη 'άπληστη νεράιδα' μου επιτέλους πήρε το σωστό δρόμο! Θα σας δώσω ένα Θεϊκό Ρούχο που ενισχύει τη γοητεία σας και εσείς ν ο καλύτερα να συνεργαστείτε!  Other voice let out a strange laugh at the end. She sounded extremely beautiful and charming...but somehow, she didn't seem trustworthy for some reason, at least from what Priscillia felt from her attitude.

Είναι κρίμα που δεν μπορώ να καταλάβω τι λες... του δώσεις ένα σέξι θεϊκό ένδυμα, εντάξει; She δεν θα του ταίριαζε καθόλου.  The last one sounded kind but strict, sounding like she was scolding someone.

Το ξέρω, δεν χρειάζεται να το πεις! Ξεχνάς ότι είμαι η θεά που βασιλεύει στην ομορφιά!; 

Μην ξεχνάς, δεν δίνω κουβέντα. Επιπλέον, είσαι πολύ εκνευρισμένος, οπότε δεν σε εμπιστεύομαι. Σοβαρά, είσαι τόσο μεγάλος, αλλά ακόμα...Tsk,tsk.

Πόσο αγενής...!

Είστε πραγματικά δύο....

These three voices that resonated deep in her soul spoke to her in a language that was familiar to her but, at the same time, completely unknown to Priscilla. It seemed like two of them were fighting about something, but she decided to ignore it because she didn't know what it was about.

Are these....the voices of Goddesses?  Priscilla wondered.

Since she did not understand the ancient sacred language due to a lack of training to become a Cleric, there was no way she could understand anything the three goddesses were saying in her head.

Unfortunately, there was no skill that gave such knowledge, since it was considered common sense that faithful believers who aspired to be part of the Clergy should learn this language from their novice days, and how society's perception influences much in the professional skills you acquire, all those who awakened as Clerics did so without any skills that would help them naturally speak that language.

However, there was a professional skill that greatly accelerated the speed at which you understood the language depending on the strength of the connection with the gods, something I could easily do as a Divine Medium; being one of the reasons why Arisella wanted Priscilla to become a Cleric, since non-servants of the gods like [Soldiers] could not learn such skills.

Why not? 

For a soldier is only the member of an army of mortal lords; There are no "soldiers" who serve the Gods and Clergy, only Holy Knights, Paladins  and Executors. Due to this common perception, the sacred skills that a [Soldier] could use were quite limited.

Anyway, the lotus bud surrounding Priscilla slowly opened, revealing the Mharpabas with her eyes closed, and as her petals lowered, they would begin to disperse into beautiful particles of light, which covered everyone's sight.

When everyone regained their vision and turned to look at Priscilla, their jaws dropped.

Priscillia had become even more charming, possessing a level of beauty equivalent to Arisella and Lucelle, who were already high-level beauties!

..No, wait, that's not what surprised them.

I mean, it was really shocking that she became more beautiful out of nowhere. But what really caught attention was something else.

After waking up, normal professionals did not experience any physical changes. That naturally also means that they would not become more suddenly beautiful, but his clothing would be practically the same even if he woke up.

However, surprisingly….Priscillia was now wearing clerical robes! ¹

And what surprised everyone even more is that its design was quite unique; one that no one saw in any other cleric in their lives.

No clear affiliation could be seen towards a single deity over his tunica. Instead, the symbols of three goddesses were visibly embroidered on it.

One of the symbols was a blindfolded woman, with the sword in one hand, and the scales, as an image of balance and equity, in the other; representing justice.

Another was that of a young woman wearing a loose tunic and her head covered with a veil, tending the flames of the hearth.

And lastly, a large purple circle with a cross at the bottom, being the simplest of the three but nevertheless the largest and sewn near the navel. With the other two symbols woven on the two sleeves, respectively.

The color of the clerical robe was a mix of purple, fiery red, and sky blue. Much of the dress was purple, while the sleeves had more of a mix of those last two colors.

Arisella knew what this was.

A divine tunica!

That was something that only Third Rank Clerics and beyond could start using...which means...

"That's a divine tunica!?" Lucelle exclaimed upon recognizing the origin of the garments, interrupting Arisella's thoughts as she continued with a voice full of amazement "And...it has the symbols of three goddesses...Does that mean that Lady Navi can use the Divine Magic of three different goddesses!?"

Upon hearing the alchemist's words, some of the surrounding [Soldiers] who were waiting in formation to receive their equipment gasped in disbelief.

She can use the power of multiple gods!? Isn't that almost the same as a saint!?

It was common knowledge that only the Saints could use the power of various gods thanks to their unwavering faith and the power of their Souls that allow them to establish a powerful connection with which they receive a large amount of energy for their divine magic.

Enough to invoke the most powerful miracles of Olympus.

And it turns out that the Mharpabas called Priscillia, has the grace of three goddesses of Olympus in her person?

That was too incredible! What's going on here? Didn't they say that the Saints were the only ones who could use the power of several gods?

Everyone was confused. 

As for Maximilian, he almost fainted from shock when he heard that his wife could use the sacred power of several gods be of Olympus.

"Eh...It's over now, right?" Priscilla asked timidly, because she understood that her awakening was a bit strange, so she wasn't sure if it was the end.

She also noticed the change in clothing, which stunned her, but she didn't think much of it, much to the goddesses' disappointment.

"Yes, it's over!" The prophetess responded excitedly. 

She quickly used [Psychometry] on Priscilla again, waiting to hear the changes in his status showing that he precisely became a Fourth Rank professional.

However, she would be surprised to discover that things were not as you imagined.

[Profession: Cleric Third Rank High Level (Rank 4 spiritual potential released)]

Eh?

Arisella was dumbfounded.

Where is my Fourth Rank Cleric!?

Arisella screamed indignantly in her heart.

While she was fussing alone, Priscilla was being hugged by her relieved husband...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Arisella was sad for a few seconds because things didn't go as she expected, but she quickly composed herself.

While it was unexpected to discover that Priscillia did not become a Fourth Rank Cleric, one of the Third Rank would still be of great help to everyone. After all, even a normal Third Rank Cleric can heal serious injuries.

As for his lack of knowledge of the ancient sacred language, it was no problem. 

Due to her great spiritual powers, Arisella accurately remembered the prayers used to evoke divine spells, thanks to observing Alica and Selena healing other orphans in their youth.

They were low level, since they hid their Ranks and mastery of Divine Magic before, in addition to the fact that they were prayers only to Aphrodite...but they were better than nothing. 

Furthermore, for novice Clerics, the gods are the ones who mostly control a miracle, allowing them to memorize the flow of sacred power that forms the divine spell in a similar way to a kind of muscle memory; so that they can do it for themselves later.

That's why under these circumstances, it didn't matter much that Priscilla couldn't understand the goddesses or only ask Aphrodite for help.

However, that would also be a huge limitation as a Saint Candidate, as she would not be able to convey clear intentions to the goddesses, limiting what she could do based on what the goddesses understood based on her emotions.

Therefore, it was also important for Priscillia to learn the ancient sacred language, since prayers were too simple and limited a means for ordinary clerics, with a very fragile connection, to communicate with their gods.

Those who could talk to the gods as if they were next door neighbors were the Divine Mediums...and they were all called Oracles; if they were part of the Great Temple, of course.

But putting all that aside, Lucelle and the others were quite calm about the fact that Priscilla became a Third Rank Professional, since the fact that she was similar to those Saints was much more shocking to them.

While Arisella taught Priscillia the simple prayers that she remembered, her husband stood beside him, looking at his wife who seemed to be more beautiful than ever, completely enthralled.

Maybe Arisella was overthinking it, but she thought she saw lust in his eyes; It almost seemed that if there was a hotel near them, he would take Priscilla to have fun as a couple...

Thinking of such things even at such a time...Men really are perverts! Arisella thought disdainfully, conveniently forgetting that she was a man in her past life.

Meanwhile, Armán was finishing distributing the equipment he had in his space storage to all the [Soldiers]. It was interesting and strange how this man had so many things that would have no use for himself at all within your own personal spatial storage.

The girls simply watched in a daze as the guy took out a bunch of clothes and weapons that different races of demihumans could use among the few [Soldiers] present, as well as what looked like mini cannons with Aether pulsating from them, full of light like boiling lava; something that was quite incomprehensible to them. 

Of course, they looked away when most of them, largely men, began to undress.

When everyone was finished, they gathered near Armán with a completely militaristic behavior; although not all of them were as bad as John Wick.

"Because you had various military equipment for various races in your space storage?" Unable to contain her curiosity Lucelle asked him, her gaze locked with his.

Armán replied casually "You never know what you might need... plus I'm one of the few with something as convenient as spatial storage, so I might as well use it to help my brigade a little..."

"Your spatial storage must be quite large for you to say that" 

"Pretty much" Armán nodded.

"....Looks like someone here has a Doraemon complex or something. Should I call him Doraerman?" Arisella whispered to herself.

"That?"

"It's nothing" Arisella just smiled innocently at him, and Armán scratched his head as he wondered internally.

Who is Doraemon?

That was a question I would never have an answer to given Arisella's attitude, so Armán simply shrugged his shoulders and began teaching the Merians how to use their magic cannons.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

In the front towards the corridor that serves as the exit from the cave, Doraerman (Lol) led the front of the 'Bluen squad' along with John Wick, his unofficial non-commissioned officer, and the battle maiden Amelia, with the two Grans forward carrying huge shields, serving as a defenders, determined to explore the dungeon in search of more people to help each other.

They all had their roles well defined and thanks to the passive skill [Military Discipline], they knew how to carry them out perfectly. Thus, Arisella and the others in the back watched in amazement as they also marched ahead in perfect order.

They didn't make much noise, being careful with their steps. Their eyes serious as they looked forward with the spirit of warriors ready for battle.

They look like they've been soldiers all their lives....Professional skills really are terrifying, to change someone so much...

While Arisella I was thinking about those things...

"Something is coming here!” Tasha screamed when she smelled the foul smell of insect-type monsters up ahead in the hallway. Afterwards, she covered her nose.

The smell of whatever was coming from up ahead was particularly more unpleasant than I could have expected.

Everyone, who already knew that Tasha's sense of smell was quite sharp, turned serious as they quickly went on high alert, looking ahead.

Arisella also used [Clairvoyance] and [Psychometry] to obtain information, and what she obtained with those skills made her sigh in relief. 

She immediately shouted, "They're just 6 pawn-class monsters, a bunch of big caterpillars! The only thing we have to worry about is that they can spit acid from their mouths to attack at close range, so I don't recommend using body weapons in melee if you are not used to using aura plates!

"Understood!" Armán nodded upon hearing the information and quickly began to bark his orders, like a true military. "John and Mistri, position yourself behind the heavy infantry and prepare to attack the enemies! Heavy infantry, keep moving forward and make sure to keep them safe with your shields!"

Giving such orders...Do you want to see how effective the [Soldier] profession can be? Arisella wondered.

That was not the case, however, Armán simply ordered them as he would any other soldier in his brigade...

"Yes sir!" The 2 gunmen and the 2 shield bearers responded firmly, even with cold sweat running down their faces. Fortunately, the passive skills worked, or they would have wanted to run away immediately if they had been the same as before.

Soon, the unpleasant screeching of some creatures could be heard, and a bunch of emerald-colored caterpillars could be seen gliding towards them; The rocks they passed over were partially disintegrated by the acid secreted by their bodies as they moved at surprising speed for legless creatures.

It was there that the order was given to attack.

John Wick targeted the enemy and fired with excellent precision at the emerald caterpillars, easily destroying them with the power of a single bullet. It was impressive what professional skills allowed individuals with no battle experience to do, and thanks to at least 10 passive skills, I manage to maintain my composure. His talent also helped greatly.

Well, there were those who missed their shots once or twice because of their nervousness, but we won't name names...(Mitri Popo).

The shooting ended after a few seconds. Because it wasn't a horde or anything like that, it wasn't meant to last long in the first place. Although, it would have been different if they weren't [Soldiers].

In the end, all the monsters were eliminated, by the gunmen without requiring the participation of the melee combatants, and after collecting their corpses for Amelia and Lucelle to keep, they were able to proceed on their way.

So the group spent some time walking through the corridors of the dungeon, alert for any threat, whether from behind or in front.

So....

"Lucelle...I smell the smell of blood...and it's thick." Suddenly, Tasha sniffed a little and wrinkled her nose as she frowned, feeling uneasy at what this meant. 

Lucelle hugged him a little tighter, looking concerned for the girl as they continued walking forward.

The [Soldiers], for their part, clenched their weapons while they also smelled a bit of the smell of blood. Some felt anxious, but their numerous passive skills and the recent confrontation they emerged triumphant from allowed them to keep their feelings under control.

However, when they reached the next cave, everyone was immediately shocked by the following scene.

–––A sea of ​​blood red, green and blue i greet them in all his splendor, with many small pieces of flesh from different organisms scattered, filling the cave. 

Even with the strange mix of colors, the smell itself and the pieces of meat showed them that all this was nothing more than blood of what were once living beings. 

"What the hell?" Arman blurted out, horrified.

And in that sea of ​​blood of different creatures, you could see hundreds of ether nuclei lying on the ground, waiting to be picked up by the lucky ones who find them.

Surprising wealth in the midst of a sea of ​​death greeted them unexpectedly after his arrival.

¹ It is called a clerical tunic, but on women, it looks similar to the tunics worn by nuns.

5