Divorce
795 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ira had no idea that she was pregnant but the familiar pain in her lower abdomen and her instinct told her that she was carrying a child. The doctor's words further confirmed her guess.

"It's Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy, twelve weeks. We have to operate immediately or the fetus will not be able to survive." While Ira was being carried to the Operation Room with her weak conscious yet these words fell on her ears clearly. They were like hammers hitting her heart…

She felt powerless and desperate; her world turned dark and she lost consciousness.

When she opened her eyes, she was lying on a bed in the hospital ward. A nurse stood next to her and said, "You finally woke up. How are you feeling?"

The pain in her body was hard to describe. She resisted the pain and weakly said, "What about my child?"

The Nurse gave her a sympathetic look, "You have to rest. It took a toll on your body. You just finished the surgery, lie down. I will inform your husband later, he's currently talking to the surgeon."

The nurse tried to calm her down when she got up after hearing the news.

Ira was silent for a moment. It wasn't that she didn't know about ectopic pregnancies. Instead of growing in the uterus, the baby grows in a small tube. They were never successful. Even if not for the ruptured emergency, she would have to abort the child.

Thinking about this, she closed her eyes to ease the pain.

She opened her eyes when she heard a movement in the ward.

A pair of red eyes got her attention. It was Vivan staring at her as if he wanted to swallow her whole.

"Ira, how could you?" He said with his fist clenched.

He yelled at her in a fierce tone."Weren't we trying unsuccessfully to have a child since our marriage? 4 years Ira! 4 years is a long time. Didn't we have a health check-up every six months to find the reason why we aren't blessed with a child?"
Pausing briefly he added :"The real reason was you never wanted one!" Vivan shook his head in loathing.

"Why haven't you told me about your pregnancy? It was an ectopic pregnancy! Why? Due to damage done with the pills you're taking, previous abortion and IUD, which scarred and blocked your uterus."

Glancing at Ira, who was still silent, he roared, "How much did you really hide from me? Contraceptive pills, IUD, and even abortion! "

-------------------------------------------

Vivan came to know of her deception. The surgeon operating on her told him about the intrauterine device she had planted in her uterus to prevent pregnancy. He also told him about the scar, adhesion, and the damage due to the previous abortion.

'Abortion'

"What abortion?" He was still digesting her deception of IUD and the doctor dropped another bomb on his head.

"I guessed you wouldn't know. The abortion didn't seem to be done in an authorized clinic. So I thought I should inform you about the outcome."

"When?" he asked.

"I guess a couple years back."

The surgeon was a well-known Obstetrician in the country. His words could not be refuted.

He was kept in the blind all this time. She had an abortion in an illegal Clinic on her own.

"Both of her tubes are damaged. She can't be pregnant anymore." He declared. During surgery, they removed one tube while other was excessively scarred as well.

-------------------------------------------

She was neither denying anything nor giving an explanation.

"Do you take me as a fool, Ira?" his face covered with a layer of frost.

Ira was fed up by his words and said, "Since you know it all, I will tell you everything. I never wanted a child!"

Vivan felt there was no sadness, discomfort, or grief of losing a child in her tone.

"The fake fertility treatment I took in the hospital was just a show for my Dad. He had blackmailed me just like he did with our marriage. He threatened to remove me from the Company. Sorry! As for why I haven't told you about this time is simply because I didn't want you to know. I want a divorce."

Her voice was like a cold blade piercing his heart.

'Divorce!'

He never thought that instead of a plea for an apology he would hear the plea for separation. Viv was shocked "What divorce?! Ira, even though our marriage was arranged, it wasn't entirely loveless. Didn't I treat you well all this time?"

Ira was as calm as water, "I just don't have any romantic feelings towards you."

Viv was suddenly silent. He did not look at her feelings disappointedly; his voice seemed soft "This is the first time you asked me for something. Since it's your wish, we will have our divorce this weekend."

Ira felt a sense of loss as she never felt before. Still, as domineering as she was, she would never take a step back.

She didn't think that it was such a big deal. 'My baby is my flesh, it is up to me to keep it or not.'

And they divorced.

Moreover, she damaged her own body, resulted in being infertile.

She; the biggest hypocrite apparent feminist wanted women to be equal to men. But she never considered him her equal. Never her better half; Never a soul mate.
__________________________________________
Back from her painful memories, Ira wiped her tears; she had a smile on her face.
She thought: 'I promise Viv to treat you with love and respect you deserve. I had let you down once, but God gave me a second chance for you... I will treat you well even if I don't deserve you. I will change to be worthy of you.'

She made her second promise this life.

Even though she failed to fulfill the marriage vow in her previous life. Failed to fulfill the duties and obligations that come with the title "wife" This life she will fulfill all her promises.

10