Chapter 50: The Hangar
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Furano watched Alton curiously.

“Let me think about it, can you give me more time?”

Alton was surprised; he then smiled.

“Of course, Furano.”

Furano smiled. Alton watched Furano curiously; he then smiled.

“You must be very beautiful wearing dress.”

Furano was surprised; she then smiled. Alton smiled gently.

“Let’s do our best.”

Furano smiled and nodded.

“Of course, Alton.”

Alton smiled and nodded. They continued riding their flying broomsticks in formation with the defense personnel through the night sky covered in glass wall magic spells.

On the other hand, the fire form of a gigantic Phoenix leader automaton opened its beak, and a wisp of fire formed; it then shot toward the front. Daganzo and the defense personnel who rode their flying broomsticks immediately evaded; the fireball destroyed one of the buildings below. Some defense personnel chasing the Phoenix from behind headed towards the building to extinguish the fire. One of the defense personnel beside Daganzo said.

“The hangar door is in the opposite direction from the Phoenix, we have to make it go around the building first.”

Daganzo nodded; he then communicated with Alton and Furano via his earphone.

“We’ll lure the Phoenix to fly around the building, you two can go to the hangar first.”

On the other hand, Alton, Furano, and the defense personnel from other squads rode their flying broomstick, following the Phoenix quite far behind. Furano replied.

“Understood.”

Alton replied.

“Okay.”

They then continued flying on their broomsticks.

Back to Daganzo and the dozens of remaining Defense personnel, they were still trying to direct the gigantic Phoenix automaton flying in the form of burning blazes, causing its body size to almost double. Several other defense personnel moved in and out of their formation. One of the defense personnel next to Daganzo said.

“Get ready, we will start changing the Phoenix’s flight direction. Be careful, or the Phoenix will stop following us.”

Daganzo nodded.

In another location. Around the skyscraper of Wizards Government of Spain, central building. Dozens of defense personnel divided into several squads hovered on their broomsticks, watching the burning blaze Phoenix fly through the night sky. One of them answered through his earphone.

“Understood, we will move away from the Phoenix’s flight path so that its is not get distracted.”

They all immediately rode their broomsticks away.

The Phoenix opened its burning beak, and a wisp of fire formed in it. The defense personnel next to Daganzo said through his earphone.

“Now, change course!”

Their flying formation turned to the right. The Phoenix looked slightly confused, and the wisp of fire in its beak went out. The Phoenix changed its flight direction to the right.

The defense personnel and Daganzo flew carefully; when they reached a certain distance, they turned their broomsticks to the left. The Phoenix flies with its gigantic body, turns its body around 90 degrees to be able to change its flight direction appropriately, occasionally flies forward with its body straight, flaps its wings several times, and then turns again while rotating its body up to around 90 degrees, also circling other skyscrapers around it.

Not long after, the Phoenix looked confused; it landed on one of the skyscrapers and burned its top surface. The Phoenix stood on its legs and wings, vigilantly watching its surroundings. The defense personnel and Daganzo realized that and immediately stopped their flight. One of the defense personnel’s expressions beside Daganzo turned serious.

“Even though we almost there.”

Daganzo turned to the defense personnel beside him.

“There’s no other choice, we have to immediately lure it back into flight.”

The defense personnel nodded; they then rode their broomsticks toward the Phoenix.

The Phoenix watched its surroundings warily and then turned towards the defense personnel, and Daganzo flew towards it. The Phoenix spread its wings and concentrated its magical energy; the flame blaze all over its body burned bigger and brighter; an enormous flame explosion centered on the Phoenix occurred and spread everywhere quickly and towards them. They would not have time to evade this attack and immediately pointed their swords towards the front.

“Glass Walls.”

A glass wall with an uneven surface formed before them. The flame blast hit against their Glass Walls, causing them almost to fall backward and gradually burn their Glass Wall magic spells, but the flame blast soon ended before their Glass Walls burned down completely. The flame blast continued to spread larger and hit several skyscrapers around and below the Phoenix, destroying and burning many floors. Daganzo and dozens of the defense personnel looked at their surrounding skyscrapers burned fiercely; their expression turned serious. Daganzo concentrated.

“Ice Slash.”

Ice froze and spread across Daganzo’s sword blade. Daganzo slashed his sword at the Phoenix; the crescent-shaped ice shot towards the Phoenix but shattered instantly when it hit it, and the Phoenix didn’t appear to react much. Daganzo watched the Phoenix vigilantly as he thought.

“Come on, fly again....”

However, the Phoenix slashed its left wing, and a massive crescent-shaped flame shot toward Daganzo; he immediately evaded it; the crescent-shaped flame passed through him, hit one of the skyscrapers, and cut the top two floors half at an angle, which then fell onto and destroyed the road. The part of the building that was cut off then burned fiercely. Behind his mask, Daganzo’s expression turned serious. Dozens of defense personnel then flew and stopped in a row to the right and left of Daganzo. Daganzo turned to one of the defense personnel beside him.

“That Phoenix won’t fly after us anymore.”

One of the defense personnel’s expressions turned serious.

“We have to keep attacking the Phoenix to convince it to fly after us.”

Daganzo nodded.

Daganzo and dozens of defense personnel flew toward the Phoenix. The defense personnel fired ice blast magic spells repeatedly at the Phoenix, although this did not work on it, and Daganzo fired his Ice Slash repeatedly at the Phoenix. The Phoenix appeared to be getting distracted; it spread its gigantic wings and finally flew again. The defense personnel and Daganzo were slightly surprised and immediately flew away from the Phoenix.

In other location, Alton and Furano hovered on their flying broomstick before the hangar’s huge double sliding metal door that opened completely, waiting for Daganzo’s arrival. They saw the Phoenix getting closer to this building; the scout division and defense personnel wizards were ready to attack if needed.

The defense personnel and Daganzo remained in their formation and continued to fly forward. The Phoenix continued to fly in pursuit, and several defense personnel simultaneously left the formation, leaving Daganzo and one of the defense personnel beside him. They were close to the Wizards Government of Spain central building; Alton and Furano rode their flying broomsticks and joined their formation. The four entered through the hangar door; the Phoenix did not appear to slow down its flight speed and flew past the hangar door, passing by the defense personnel and Scout Division just like that. One of the defense personnel hovered around the building and contacted the control room via his earphone.

“The Phoenix has entered the building, close the hangar door immediately.”

Inside the control room, one of the researcher division Wizards, wearing a lab coat and sitting at the control desk before him, replied.

“Understood.”

This wizard operated the control desk before him. Outside the building, the huge hangar door then closed.

Daganzo, Furano, Alton, and a defense personnel rode their flying broomsticks through the tunnel leading to the hangar; the limited size of the tunnel caused the Phoenix couldn’t flap and spread its wings. The Phoenix’s wings hit the tunnel wall with magic circle engravings and fall to the tunnel’s floor. The Phoenix immediately stood up and walked forward using its legs and wings, leaving a trail of fire that burned the tunnel floor. The Phoenix looked confused, and the flame blazed all over its body, getting smaller.

The four arrived inside a hangar, where the Phoenix leader was kept before, with dozens of huge mechanical arms attached to the gigantic machines merged in the hangar ceiling. They looked up; a magic circle was drawn on a wide cloth, and four researcher division Wizards held its four angles on standby. Furano’s expression turned curious.

“What about step three? We didn’t succeed in freezing the Phoenix.”

The defense personnel nodded.

“Right, that’s why there’s someone who will help us.”

Not long after, the researcher leader flew on his broomstick and hovered near the four, drawing their attention. Behind his mask, Daganzo was surprised to see someone familiar to him. The researcher leader carries a black book copy of the Phoenix leader’s control magic.

“Sorry if this is sudden, I’ll try to stop it with the control magic, you guys then do the rest.”

Behind his mask, Daganzo’s expression turned surprised.

“Control magic? Why not take the book to stop the Phoenix before?”

The Researcher leader nodded.

“Unfortunately, the magic of this book copy cannot be that far from the book of Dimensional Magic and it also took a long time to get the book of Dimensional Magic out of its magic-protected storage.”

Daganzo, Alton, and Furano nodded. They then took out their respective small notebooks containing incantation writings from their trousers pockets and opened them.

The Phoenix continued walking forward until finally arriving at the hangar room. The fire form Phoenix watched the five warily, did not check its surroundings, and continued walking closer. The Researcher leader concentrated, then pointed his existence sword at the Phoenix.

“With the dimensional magic that accompanies me now, extinguish your fire, Phoenix.”

0