Chapter 59: The Safe Town
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Furano read the black panel before her momentarily with a worried expression as she thought.

“I had no choice but to go to Safe Town, even though the Black Cloak organization didn’t recommend going there because that place was still beyond the organization control.”

Furano’s expression turned worried as she thought.

“We’ll try to stay there until Dimensional Gate open.”

Furano put her left hand into the black panel, then pulled out a Safe Town Portal Medallion with a shape similar to the image the black panel showed.

“Close inventory.”

The black panel before Furano vanished. Furano communicated via a single earphone in her left ear.

“I have a way out for us, you guys come to me.”

Alton was surprised and turned to Furano. Daganzo, on the other pillar beside them, turned towards Furano and replied via the single earphone in his left ear.

“I’ll be there soon.

Daganzo concentrated.

“Wind Slash.”

Blackish-gray wind enveloped Daganzo’s sword blade; he then dashed out of his cover and ran across to the other pillar where Furano and Alton were, as he slashed his sword toward the Scout wizards. A huge crescent-shaped blackish-gray wind shot toward the Scout wizards, causing them to take cover behind the pillars. Daganzo continued running and arrived behind the pillar where Furano and Alton were. The Scout wizards countered with Fire Slash magic spells but only hit the pillar where the three took cover. Daganzo said.

“What are your plans, Furano?”

Daganzo and Alton watched Furano curiously. Furano replied.

“If it continued like this, we won’t be able to survive those Scout wizards. We have to leave this place immediately.”

Furano then showed them her Safe Town Portal Medallion.

“This medallion can teleport us to a place called Safe Town to get out of here, but only a few people can use it. But there is a way for you two to come with me; we have to activate the portal by gripping this medallion together until it breaks.”

Daganzo and Alton nodded.

On the other hand, the Scout wizards who take cover behind the pillars in this room, observing the pillar where Daganzo, Furano, and Alton were, vigilantly preparing to counter with magic spell attacks. However, until sometime later, there were no attacks from the three. One of the Scout wizards’ expressions turned astonished.

“Why did they stop attacking?”

In astonishment, the Scout wizard beside him observed the situation from behind the pillar.

“I don’t know either, was there an attack from us that succeeded in hitting them?”

Their expressions turned doubtful. One of the other Scout wizards communicates via his single earphone.

“To all Scout wizards, we’ll approach the targets together with caution while taking cover using magic.”

One of the Scout wizards replied through his single earphone.

“Understood.”

Several Scout wizards cast Glass Wall magic spells and walked out of their cover, alertly and cautiously heading towards the pillar where Daganzo, Furano, and Alton took cover.

As they approached the pillar, there was a sudden bright light behind it, then disappeared. The Scout wizards quickened their steps toward behind the pillar only to find that Daganzo, Furano, and Alton had already disappeared. The Scout wizards were surprised and immediately looked around them warily; one of them communicated through the single earphone in his left ear with an astonished expression.

“The targets have disappeared….”

One of the Scout wizards replied through his single earphone.

“Disappeared? How can that be?”

The Scout wizards’ expressions in this room turned astonished.

“We’re still investigated it.”

This Scout wizard’s expression turned serious.

“Search that room throughly.”

The Scout wizards searched the room, and it only took a moment for them to conclude that the targets had indeed disappeared from this room. One of the Scout wizards’ expression turned confused.

“This room has reinforced with magic circle carvings and only has one way in and out, how did they escape?”

The other Scout wizards’ expressions turned confused.

Back to sometime ago. Behind the pillars, Furano showed the Safe Town Portal Medallion on her palm. Alton and Daganzo then joined in holding this medallion. Furano said.

“We have to activate this portal together.”

Daganzo and Alton nodded. They clutched the medallion together until it finally broke. Not long after, a magic circle of light appeared beneath them, surprising Daganzo and Alton slightly. Over time, their bodies disintegrated into grains of light gradually and quickly, surprising Alton and Daganzo. Finally, their bodies disintegrated into grains of light completely and disappeared; the magic circle beneath them then disappeared.

On the other place with the grayish-white sky clouded in most parts with white clouds. On a wide pedestrian road with flat stones surface and sturdy railings located at the outskirts of town buildings. There was a carved pattern on some parts of this pedestrian road that was the same shape as the Safe Town Portal Medallion magic circle beneath Daganzo, Furano, and Alton previously. The magic circle carving on the floor lights up gradually and quickly until all parts of it finally light up. Above this magic circle, grains of light appeared and increased rapidly, then merged gradually and quickly into Daganzo, Furano, and Alton; they appeared in the same position when they activated the portal, still holding hands together with their right hands. They let go of their hands and found the medallion was now broken into three, each carrying one piece of it. They looked around them in amazement. “Ding!” A sound similar to a smartphone notification was sounded, followed by the appearance of two black panels with white writing near Furano:

 

[Quest Completed]

[Quest Details: Survive or escape from the First Earth wizards (1/1) (+150 XP) (+1 allocation point)

Additional quest: Team up with the lost wizard to complete the quest (1/1) (+50 XP) (+1 allocation point)

Total XP gained: 200

Total allocation points obtained: 2]

[Close] [Minimize]

 

Furano read this black panel with a curious expression as she thought.

“Finally, I have completed this quest.”

Furano then reads the second black panel:

 

[System Message]

[Congratulations, you have completed the urgent quest. The locked quest has been unlocked.]

[Close] [Minimize]

 

Furano’s expression turned curious.

“Open quest in progress.”

A new black panel appears near Furano:

 

[Quests in Progress]

1. [*Unlocked] [Visit Second Earth and complete at least one quest there (0/1)

Additional quest: None

Quest requirements: None]

 

2. [*Unlocked] [Search for the wizards’ whereabouts in Japan

Additional quests: None

Quest requirements: None]

 

3. [*Unlocked] [Help the lost wizard return to Second Earth

Additional quest: None

Quest requirements: None]

[Minimize] [Page 1 of 1]

 

Furano read the black panel before her curiously as she thought.

“The other quests have unlocked. Which quest should I complete next....”

“Ding!” A sound similar to a smartphone notification was sounded, followed by the appearance of a black panel:

 

[*New Quest Available]

[Quest Name: Get to know The Safe Town

Quest Details: Visit the weapons and potions Shop.

Additional Quest: Visit more destinations

Quest requirements: None

Time remaining to accept the quest: None]

[Accept] [Discard] [Minimize]

 

Furano read the black panel before her curiously as she thought.

“Seems like something easy to do?”

Furano’s expression turned curious; she then touched the [Accept] writing.

“Close all panels.”

All black panels near Furano vanished. Furano looked back at her surroundings curiously, as did Alton and Daganzo.

 

Safe Town, (Unknown Universe).

Daganzo, Furano, and Alton watched the moving scene after the railing as if they were riding a vehicle that was moving forward, surprising them. They looked towards the sky; there were countless fragments of land with destroyed buildings and skyscrapers on them, forming a corridor-like shape with its top, right, and left sides open in most parts and hovered in the grayish-white sky. The three could see that the place they were standing on was moving but didn’t feel it at all. Behind them was a town with classic, minimalist, and modern-style buildings decorated with beautiful carvings, and the tallest building was only five stories high.

Wide pedestrian roads connected the buildings in this town, with the means of transportation of unmanned flying vehicles shaped like a tram-train carriage but smaller in size, flew all over this town from above and can be called for the use which the flying vehicles will land to pick up the passenger and then take them to the requested destinations.

Various buildings were scattered around the town, such as modern classic-style buildings with a row of tall metal framed window panes on their front. One classic-style weapons shop building was decorated with beautiful carvings, a row of tall metal-framed window panes displaying various weapons, and a classic-style potions shop building. There were also restaurants, libraries, etc., with tall classic-style metal lampposts arranged regularly, and many high threes with various leaf colors were scattered throughout the town. The people in this town wore various clothes; most of them were also covered in black armored cloaks with designs similar to the one Furano wore.

There was a building that was most striking among the others; on a higher beautifully carved concrete surface, there was a very expansive rectangular six-story building that covered 10% of Safe Town’s area, surrounding various buildings in the middle of it that were lower in height than this building. Daganzo opened his cloak hood and took off his mask, which resembled the face part of a knight helmet. Daganzo’s expression turned curious; he then turned to Furano.

“So, this is the Safe Town?”

Furano nodded.

“Yes, we can rest here for a while until the Dimensional Gates open again.”

Daganzo and Alton nodded. They headed to one of the benches here; Furano and Alton sat next to each other. Daganzo turned toward Furano and Alton.

“I want to find out how can this town somehow moving forward.”

Furano and Alton nodded; Daganzo then walked to the railing. Alton watched Furano curiously.

“Finally, we can be safe now.”

Furano turned to Alton; she then smiled and nodded.

“Right, I think we can be safe for a while.”

Alton smiled and nodded. Alton watched Furano curiously.

“It’s all because of you that we can survive.”

Furano smiled.

“It’s also because Daganzo and you, Alton.”

Alton smiled and nodded. Alton watched Furano curiously.

“Can I ask you something, Furano?”

Furano watched Alton curiously.

“Of course, Alton.”

Alton smiled.

“Over time I see you, I finding myself liking you more, Furano.”

Furano watched Alton curiously. Alton smiled gently.

“With you, I feel like you will complete me.”

Furano was surprised; she then smiled

“Will you fall in love with me?”

Alton was surprised; he then smiled cheerfully.

“I love you more than a close friend.”

Furano watched Alton curiously and smiled. Alton smiled gently.

“Will you love me too more than a close friend, Furano?”

0