Why me
152 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1's.

Oh brother.

But this cant be accurate.

It's just... 

Wait no, I'll do my own analysis.

"HEY! WHATS THE AVERAGE STAT RATIO?!" I yell out in the kings direction, Yuri and Akane's eyes widening in surprise from the noise

"Creation." Says the king lightly.

A status box appears in front of my vision, overtaking my own status box.

[ATK: 15 DURA: 10  MP: 5 MC: 100 AGIL: 15]

(Authors note: MP=Mana potency and MC=Mana Capacity)

It's impossible.

How could I possibly be that below average?

Unless-

"SO? WHAT ARE THEY." Says the king impatiently.

"ALL ONES." I respond loudly. My confusion being hidden. Damn this gigantic chamber.

I need to look into this.

I cant quite hear my classmates, but they seem to be whispering to eachother.

More than likely talking about my lackluster stats.

Yuri and Akane on the other hand.

"Aww... seems like you'll have to  work extra hard shinkyu∼" says Akane, the way she says it is playful. Typical Akane. 

Not to mention that she used that stupid name from when we were kids. Always trying to make my name sound cuter.

Yuri, the more hands-on type of girl hugs me for the second time in the past 5 minutes. Clearly trying to support me. Luckily her tears from a little earlier seemed to have stopped though

"Its okay..." says Yuri with her typical reserved voice.

Her hair poked me in my eye, this day cant get any worse man...

The kings silence ends, and he speaks up once more.

"Well, it seems as if we've brought another failure." He says then proceeds to let out a sigh

He stretches out his hand, points it towards me.

With Yuri still hugging me I instinctively push her away, in the event of an attack.

"Wait what's happening? SHINKU!" Says Akane as she looks at the king, then me.

"Gateway Teleport: disposal dungeon." Is-

...

...

...

I-

I shifted environments. 

That fucking bitch...

Wait, calm down.

Lets think.

He said disposal dungeon.

So im not the first? Is what I think as I look around my rocky and dark environment.

Oh.

I see a well placed skeleton.

Defintely not the first, got it.

I look down at myself to see if I've lost the necklace, and nope, its still there.

A glistening cross necklace.

Phew. Mrs.Order might've gotten mad at me if i lost her god-given gift

"Hmm? You called for me?"

I nearly fall backwards.

ORDER! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU IN MY HEAD STILL?!

"Hey... your being mean..." says the go- eh more like child. This woman is unbefitting of a god

I sigh to regain my composure, I seem to have made her sad. So now I must fix that.

Sorry sorry just.. why are you here?

"It's uhhh, a function of the necklace!" She says. It seems to have taken her a second to think

I wouldnt even be surprised. You did rush me off anyway.

"Hehe∼ sorry! But to make it more clear, the necklace allows you to talk to me! And more! However we'll barely get to talk sooooo..." explains order.  her tone already shifted.

Is this woman bipolar?

I lightly tap myself on the forehead.

Get it together, since shes here I can capitalize on this.

...

So Order, where am I?

"A dungeon used to get rid of the weakest of the weak!"

And... why am I this weak? Well more like how?

"What had been displayed aren't your "real stats". Your actual stats are actually above average! Prestigious academy level! Just like the rest of the heroes!" Explains order. Good to know im not cannon fodder.

And... why are my stats displayed in such a way?

"Well∼ that would be because of your passive skill [deception]! And before you ask, deception hides your true stats from any and all forms of vision, including your own." So there's a type of ability that can read statuses?

How can I see my true stats? Id like to know them now.

"If you say; "Deception Dispurse" the passive will deactivate! Oh and a neat little fact; your deception stats will level up just like regular ones! Just to add to the illusion you know?"

Hm. Good to know.

Status.

My status box from a bit ago appeared once more.

The 1's are still there. Soon to change though luckily.

Deception Dispurse.

The 1's disappeared, just straight up replaced.

[ATK: 32 DURA: 29 MP: 30 MC: ??? AGIL: 32.]

So, I've gathered two things from this. Starting off ATK and AGIL seem to be intertwined in the beginning. And my MC is uh...

Whatever thats supposed to be.

"Hmmm? I've never seen that before..." says order with a very confused voice. Even she doesnt know? 

I mentally note this.

You know this dungeon is a little, shall we say, not to my liking?

Mind helping me out?

"Okay!!!" Says order happily, her confusion dissipating. Shes pretty easy to distract.

I exhale violently.

Man, why me?

"So go....... here!" As she says "here", information is beamed into my mind.

It's like I studied the dungeon. The path is just that clear.

Order is so useful, thank god.

"You're welcome!" Says order, it sounds like she's smiling.

I didn't mean it literally.

She giggles.

Wait...

My sisters. 

"Don't worry I'll deal with them. Just get a move on will ya?!" Order barks at me.

Will do ma'am.

But tell me how you're gonna "deal with them", would you?

" 'kay! " says order in her usual happy tone

I begin walking, this is gonna take forever...

------------

I mean there wasn't much real progression but I just had to introduce the stat system and such yk?

Could be grammar mistakes idk i wrote this late at night so ill just edit if need be

3