A Walk Too Long
122 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akane's POV

"I'm still surprised about what they did to Shinku..." I think to myself as I sit in bed.

To think that he just abruptly disappeared like that. just as we reunited again.

It's not fair. 

But Yurino took it even worse than me. She burst into tears on the spot as the guards ushered us to this castles living chambers.

It's just what I'd expect from a castle, lush and spacious.

The window in the room me and Yurino were assigned peers down onto a garden, with gardeners tending to the flowers, keeping it nice and pretty.

Normally, I'd be ecstatic in this environment.

"But without Shinku, it just isn't the same..." I quietly mutter to myself as I look at the ground.

We've been told we're to be enrolled in the capitals highest ranking academy. with only the "toughest".

I need to take a nap... It's been a long day.

It's bright and the sun hasn't even reached the half point in the sky, but I don't care.

I'm tired.

I look to my left, Yurino's asleep. Her eyes all puffy from crying.

"Poor girl.. She was always bad at handling trauma." I think to myself.

I close my eyes as I lay down.

He's still out there.

I just hope he's safe...

I-I...

I have to stay confident.

They won't get rid of him that easily.

"He'll find his way back..." I think to myself one more time as I drift to sleep, attempting to comfort myself.

...

He'll find his way back to us, I know he will.


Shinku's POV

We've got a long way to go y'know that?

"Yeah---- sorry I cant do anything else to help!" says order apologetically

I sigh.

To be fair it's not like I'd even be remotely capable of getting out of here if you didn't give me directions, thanks for that.

"Awww, you're welcome!" says order happily, I suppose she rarely gets thanked for things. Considering she probably rarely even talks to people

Now about what you said, how are you going to deal with my sisters?

"If I must, then I'll tell them you're alive and kickin! Right now they're just taking a nap." Says order, thank god she's all knowing.

I let out a sigh of relief. new peace of mind being found.

At least those two are okay.

hm....

My shoes I wore to school tap against the stone floor, echoing across the entire cave. One step could be heard 10 times over.

I put my hands in the pockets of my uniform.

The bland and typical white shirt black pants.. Another fucking reason to hate my school.

Couldn't it have been Red or Blue? Like in an anime.

Well... I suppose I should learn more about this world.

Yo order.

"Hmm~?"

Tell me a little more about these stats or whatever. Just give me the full run-down.

"Roger that!" exclaims order as she enters teacher mode.

"Soooo~ in your status you should see a Level and an EXP bar, the EXP bar can be filled after either: A. Killing a monster OR even other people. or B. Physical training and or training your magic!" says order proudly.

Hm. The basics I see.

"But wait! there's more! You're ATK, DURA, and AGIL stats raise with physical training! while your MP and MC raise with magical training!" Explains order.

So in other words, lets say I didn't kill anything at all, could I reach... lets say 100 in every stat?

"It's certainly possible yes! but remember training intensity matters. and it's pretty unlikely that you'd get that strong without killing 1 single monster." says order, luckily she's pointing me in the right direction.

Got it, guess I'll have to train real hard just like Akane said.

Oh and uh, What about the skills menu? I saw it but there was nothing inside of it,

"That's because you don't have any skills yet silly! you get them from training, or other means!" order luckily tells me.

Phew! for a second I thought I was skill-less too.

"Oh! and you may have noticed  the passives button! your passives aren't directly shown in your skill menu, so pressing passives would show you the "passive skills" menu. to go back to regular skills just click "skills" again." Order explains.

I stop walking to test this.

Status.

the window pops up, and I look at what's in store.

LVL: 1             EXP:0/100                                                                                 Skill points: 0

ATK: 32

DURA: 29                                                                                                            Equips: None

MP: 30

MC: ??? 

AGIL: 32

            Passives
Skills
-------

None.

Oh, just as she said.

Come to think of it.

hey order, how do I reactivate deception?

" "Deception Reappear" " order says helpfully.

Deception Reappear.

...

nothing happened, why's that?

"Hmm... I see 1's from you now but, why can't you see them?" says order with confusion. Come to think of it, shouldn't she be able to see my actual stats and not just the deception ones?

I don't say anything.

"You really are special.. just who are you really?" 

Are you sure you're all knowing?

"You're starting to make me question that myself." says order, the confusion never leaving her voice.

Nevertheless, I click the passives button.

LVL: 1             EXP:0/100                                                                                 Skill points: 0

ATK: 32

DURA: 29                                                                                                            Equips: None

MP: 30

MC: ??? 

AGIL: 32 

                        Skills
Passive skills
----------------    
Deception

 

Glad I know this now. In the event I gain more passive skills somehow.

Order hasn't said anything.

Hey order, I got more questions.

"O-oh! yes?" She seems to be awoken from her trance.

When I saw the king's example of a status box, it said "Element" then something, why don't I have that?

"Oh that's easy! your Element Variety needs to get appraised by a Mage's crystal ball. This usually happens during ones school years."

Soooo I have to get into a school for that?

"You should enroll into a school anyway! It's good training y'know?" says order convincingly

She has a good point, as much as I hate school. This is a completely different world, no way the schools are as boring right?

Well then... I suppose I will enroll.

"Good to hear! your class is being enrolled into a school too so it all works out!" says order as energetic as ever

Huh? 

"The king needs them to train, soooo.. you get the idea" says order jokingly

 you know, you'd never think she's a god. at least, she doesn't act like it.

Oh I keep getting side tracked,  last question, what do the equips do?

"Ah~ Equips are simply add-ons to stats! some equips increase DURA, MP, and MC" Explains order.

I see...

Equips could be quite useful early on.

I feel like somethings following me. It's too eerie down here. while I might be nearing my destination, I cant help but feel in danger.

"Eh~? Don't worry! this dungeon doesn't have any monsters in it, it's just confusing! it's called "Disposal" because most people die from natural causes, incapable of escaping the dungeons corridors." order puts my worries to rest.

If only those before me had a talking goddess to guide them through the dungeon.

Maybe I'm not so unlucky after all.

Oops.

Order I'm sorry, ACTUAL last question. What are the functions of this necklace? besides talking to you of course.

"hmmm... Well first off, us talking is gonna be rare, it expends my energy greatly, and after this ends we aren't gonna be talking for awhile it seems." Order says sadly.

Oh that sucks.

I'd actually like some alone time...

"But to answer your question, the necklace is capable of changing your voice, and appearance." says order.

is that all?

"Yup!" exclaims order.

Y'know what, I'm not gonna complain. that's actually really useful.

I see light in front of me.

"Looks like you're almost there!" Says order, happy for me.

Fucking finally... I'm bored out of my mind.

Order yawns. I guess even God's can get tired.

"One last gift and I'll be on my way." Says order with a sleepy tone in her voice

I guess my time with her is coming to an end for the time being.

......

I finally make it out of the dungeon, my shoes hit grass for the first time in awhile. Yay, the middle of a forest.

"Here ya go." Says order as she seems to mentally give me something.

"Knowledge of how to get to the capital, Goodluck Shinkyu~!" says order playfully

Fuck you! You heard my sister.

...

she doesn't respond.

Guess I'm on my own now, step 1 is to get to the capital.

Thank god, literally.

Don't know what I'd do if she didn't show me how to get out, and even now the way to the capital?

A real life saver.

And--- my legs hurt.

God damnit.


probably another chapter later on, we can finally get to something interesting🙏

3