Arrival
99 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You fine?" I ask as I look up towards Emilia, I haven't once moved from this spot I lay. Though my arm got tired so I couldn't keep my fist raised in victory.

It's been a few minutes now. I wonder if Emilia has settled down.

"A-almost.." Responds emilia, her panting has settled to regular breathing overtime.

"Hm? Just let me know when." Im just fine now. Conserving my energy by laying down really helped.

My lungs still sting kind of, however my heart rate has stabilized.

I could fall asleep so easily right now, that adrenaline crash is really doing a number on me.

I use my hands to prop myself up, then start standing.

The only way to prevent myself from falling asleep is to not lay down.

I look over to Emilia and just...

I look at her beautiful golden hair, glistening in the moonlight, time really flew. It felt like it was only sundown a moment ago.

Our eyes meet eachother. We aren't too close to eachother though. She's so...

She looks away, face red.

She gets embarassed easy? Or is it something else.

I guess I'll find out eventually. 

"I-I'm ready!" She says as she twirls her hair with her right index finger.

"Well, lets get a move on shall we?" I say as I gesture in the direction of Minustrias.

East. 

"Right!" She surprisingly energetically responds.

---------------------------------------------------

Awhile passes, but we're finally here. The front gate to Minustrias, more heavily guarded than the demonic capital I'll give you that. Along the way I had some chit chat with Emilia, found out she has a fondness for cats. And other small facts about her.

However, the guards look stacked. Shiny armor and sharp looking swords. Makes me wonder how the princess was taken in the first place.

It doesn't matter how heavily guarded this place is. Emilia can handle us getting in.

She's talking to the guards while I sit here talking to myself.

She said she'll notify me when we're free to enter.

Im surprised they aren't drop dead shocked to see her, a princesses kidnapping should be nation wide news I'd think.

Well, I want no part in dealing with the aftermath of her saving.

A tiresome interaction with the king is not something I want at all right now.

Ah... I can just imagine sleeping right now. What a great concept...

I have a question to ask Emilia actually. 

That may wait.

She walks over to me

"C'mon!" She makes a waving gesture towards the gate.

Oh, that didnt take terribly long. But im also not surprised it didnt.

Cant keep a princess from entering her own home now can they?

---------------------------------------------------

The streets are empty, everyones asleep.

All i hear are the sounds of us walking on the stone street.

Tapping is essentially all I hear, its tragically annoying.

Emilia breaks the silence. "Sooo..."

I look to my right, she twiddles her thumbs while looking in the opposite direction.

"Friends?" She says with a small squeak mixed in

Eh, why not.

"Sure." I answer nonchalantly.

"Eek!!!" What is that even supposed to mean?

She holds her face with both of her hands. I wonder why she's so happy.

I mean, thats happiness right? I don't know, girls can be enigmatic.

Nevertheless our time together is coming to a close. As we're nearing the castle in the middle of it all.

I have but one favor to ask. to fulfill Order.

"Hey Emilia, I have a request." I start off.

"Hmm?" Hums Emilia 

"Could you, give me a personal recommendation to the most prestigious academy possible? I'd like to sharpen myself in the best enviroment." I ask.

Emilia looks over to me, and without missing a beat she responds.

"I can recommend you for my school! Urtimus academy!" She exclaims with a smile.

"Hm, yeah that works. And we'll be able to talk more." I say, knowing that she'd like that

She smiled.

We arrive at the steps to get into the castle, which is unsurprisingly also guarded.

The castle is well decorated with white walls and beautiful, vibrant amounts of flowers lining across the castle itself.

It truly is a beauty.

The steps are pure concrete, while seeming useless on paper. The steps likely act as a very thin layer of defense, as the actual elevation of the castle is too high to enter without some form of flight, so thats how the princess was taken? Flight?

"Well Emilia, this is where we part ways for tonight." I say 

"Aw.." she's oddly sad.

Instead of me initiating, she did this time. She hugged me first.

Her face buried in my shoulder, I also wrap my arms around her.

She smells nice...

She quickly parts. With a red face as usual.

"M-meet up again tomorrow?!" She stammers out.

"Sure." I give a  short response.

She smiles at me again with her face still red.

"I-i... I HAVE TO GO NOW BYE!" She slightly raises her voice and runs off towards the castle.

Women.

I walk away. Hmm...

Now what do I do? I lack shelter.

I suppose one night on the streets wouldn't kill me.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm basically wandering at this point. Looking for a good place to rest. But I noticed something that felt off.

Footsteps.

That aren't mine.

What could someone be doing out at this time of night? 

I grin.

I guess I could always ask them personally.

"Afterall, crimes are more likely to take place at night." I say to myself outloud.

---------------------------------------------------

Im tired asf

3