Two After Another
115 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I begin to swiftly walk towards the noise.

This could be a good way of getting quick money. At least enough to stay somewhere for tonight.

Here it is. Wasn't that far.

Just an alleyway with trash nearby the opening, you'd think a kingdom would clean their streets.

I hear faint talking. But I'm too far away to actually make out what's being said.

Well, nowhere to go but forward! I think to myself as I walk in

---------------------------------------------------

"What a sale!" Exclaims a man with a sound of victory in his voice. Whilst he sits down on a wooden box.

A sale huh, drugs?

"Who knew demi-human kids sold for that much!" Ahhhh I get it now.

Demi-humans really exist in this world?

Nothing too surprising I suppose.

Might as well be a staple for fantasy worlds.

Well I guess its time to kick things off.

"Yo" I say as I walk towards him. Right hand up in a waving position, but unmoving. and my left hand in my pocket.

"O-oh! Hey what're you doing up this late?" Asks the trader as he hears me, attempting to act natural.

"Hmmm..." I say as I walk closer, right in front of his face.

"This." I say as I take my hand out of my pocket, grab his back from in front of him with my left arm, and punch his gut with my right arm. all before he has time to react.

This way the recoil is minimized, maximizing pain.

"ACK!" Croaks out the trader in pain.

I don't know why, but I kind of enjoyed that.

Peculiar.

"W-why did you do that?!" Questions the trader, still in pain from that blow.

Still holding onto him, I sweep his legs with my right leg,  he falls as I let him go in the process.

He falls to the floor, and before he can react I deliver a heavy kick to the mans chest, knocking him into a wall on the left side of me.

*pained coughing* "W-WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?" Says this atrocious thing after it hit the wall.

I stay silent, scum like him doesn't deserve an answer.

However, I look down and smile at him whilst he lay in pain on the floor.

"I-...." says the trader, pondering on what to say.

"I-its about the little one isn't it? Yeah h-her! S-shes fine sir just... JUST LET ME GO!" He started off with a scared tone of voice but decided to raise it at the end. An unreasonable man, thinking that his actions would go unnoticed.

I slightly chuckle to myself.

"Now this is getting interesting! Tell me where she's headed to, and you won't die." I say, providing an ultimatum.

"I don't know.." useless.

I kick him in the face, even harder than I did to his chest.

"GAH!!!" screams out the trader in pain. drops of blood falling.

I squat to his level.

I grab him by his black hair.

"Do you know yet?" I ask one more time.

"A-all I know is that the wagon is headed west, B-but it shouldn't have left the capital yet so there's still time!" He says, luckily he's aware enough to know he isn't in a position to hide info.

"Thanks, oh and by the way... Give me your money." I nonchalantly order.

he swiftly empties his pockets with his  right hand and out pop 30 yellow coins. I left go of him

Gold coins. I pick them all up in one gesture and make haste out of the alleyway, leaving him there.

I put the coins in my right pocket, inside my pants.

"only one place they could possibly go!" I say to myself, as I'm having fun.

I sprint towards the gate, while also holding my necklace

Then it comes to me.

"Change me into... A DIFFERENT PERSON!" I say.

the necklace reacts, I quickly examine myself while still running.

however the deciding factor is the hair.

I pay close attention to my hair, and discover it changed to a reddish color. compared to my typical pure black.

perfect.

the guards will remember my face, so it's better if I appear different for this little stunt.


it's been 5 minutes since I exited the gate, I had to lie to the guards that I was  doing some late night exercises by collecting.

I surprisingly outran the wagon, so now I must wait.

I keep close enough to the gate to see if a wagon exits it.

doing meaningless things such as collecting berries from the nearby bushes. close to the forest.

"C'mon..." I mutter to myself.

While I have nothing to hold the things I've collected, I'm just gonna chuck them anyway once this wagon appears.


its been 5 more minutes, and the wagon finally turns up.

this gold should be more than enough to stay the night at a hostel or hotel. But I'm seeking something more.

I wait for the carriage to get out of sight of the front gates guards by following it. closely behind.

after a turn to the right, I know it's my time.

I run behind the  wagon and stealthily open the back of the tarp. as its just a covered horse pulled wagon.

I see a little girl with  animalistic ears, but I cant quite make out what animal.

come to think of it, there's two actually. and they don't notice me

I mean, I had to check if I got the right target. But I was positive this was the wagon that trader was referring to.

without wasting time I let go of the tarp and sprint up front to the man driving the wagon.

I give a "Yo!" as I climb up to his level against his will. me sitting on the left him on the right.

He looks at me, shocked and speechless.

"Sorry, but this is mine now!" I push him off his side and halt the horses.

the girls inside the wagon let out a small yelp , the sudden stop startling them.

Before he can get up I jump down to his level. well, more like I jump down onto him. onto his chest.

"Uck.." the man is slightly overweight, and seems extremely tired. up at night driving a wagon must really take a toll.

but it's okay, that won't even matter in a second.

I step off his chest towards the left, he inhales deeply. I was weighing down on his lungs I suppose.

He can't even say anything, I kick him over so his back faces up, he lets out a groan.

I never knew inflicting pain could be this fun...

He goes to get up but I grab him by his hair, similar to how I did to that one trader. but this time my intentions are different.

I slam his face into the ground, raise his head back up to reveal blood on the ground.

hmmm...

I slam him down again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

over and over.

it was surprisingly fun too.

This has gone on for 3 minutes.

A puddle of blood is what lay there now.

and I go for it one more time.

*Crack*

[Level Up!]

oh, thats right.

Order did say that I got exp from killing monsters, or other people.

So he's dead.

to think, that my first kill and level would be another person.

when for many it's most likely a monster, I mean hell, some people likely go their entire life without one singular human kill.

but my first was a human kill.

It's exhilarating.

I let go of his head as blood continues to flow out, creating an even larger puddle.

"Well!" I say to myself as I get up from my crouching position.

I go behind the Wagon, which hasn't moved an inch. these horses are well behaved.

I open the back of the tarp, like I had previously.

"Hey!" I say with a wave. the girls look over at me.

the first question asked is:

"W-what happened out there" Says one of the girls with a scared voice.

"y-yeah!" the other one follows up.

"Don't mind it, you're free now!" I say mysteriously, but with a smile.

I haven't been this happy in awhile.

I'm glad I came to this world.

The girls look at me, with an unsure look in their eyes.

"Let's get you out of the dark shall we?" I say as I climb in and usher them out the back.

I climb out directly after the two girls.

and immediately direct them to the left side. as the right side would show the mans dead body.

Now that I can look at them in better lighting, they look like they come from similar parents.

actually.

"Hey uh, if you don't mind me asking. Are you two related in any way?" I just have to ask, its an uncanny resemblance 

"Sisters!" Says the right one as she leans in towards the one on the left. the left in question then looking down at her.

Oh I get it now. no wonder I see striking similarities.

Facial structure, while not pinpoint perfect it's still extremely similar, very similar brown colored hair, one shade is only slightly darker than the other, same uh... Cat ears, same cat tail. this was the main give away though.

"Oh! and what's your name? Mines Shinku." I literally don't know what to call them, so I just have to ask.

The one on the right with the darker brown hair responds first.

"I'm Bomi! and my sister is named Cass!" huh.

Bomi seems far more energetic than Cass. Thats for sure.

But it can't be helped, she must still be a little shaken up.

And I don't wish to stay out here any longer. So I'll be generous and take them to get some food.

"Let's get back to Minustrias. I'm hungry and I'm sure you two are aswell." 

"'Kay!" Answers Bomi

"S-sure..." Stutters Cass.

What's on her mind?

Maybe I should ask.

Perhaps a nice plate of food would loosen her up.

"Lets get a move on then!" I say as I grab both their hands, Bomi on the right, Cass on the left.

Cass quickly rips her hand away though, I look down at her by my left. a fearful look on her face. I think it'd be best to not be pushy with her yet.

Bomi leans in front to look at her, as I'm blocking her vision, with a confused look, but doesn't say anything as we begin to walk.

I actually also have another question to ask...

I smile to myself, they wont pass this up. I'm sure of it.


late ass chapter since I was hanging out with friends all day but its whatever

 

2