Taking the sisters in
173 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sisters lack clothing. All they wear is a cloth. and even the cloth is a little.... ragged 

Why am i mentioning this?

Because they happen to be walking on this path with bare feet. 

And why is that an issue?

They could step on something dangerous such as poorly placed glass from an accident of some sort.

And why do I care this much?

I actually don't know myself. 

I look behind, Cass is maintaining distance. 

She's afraid of me, that much is certain.

But why is it that she's afraid even though I'm treating her sister well?

Matter of fact. I let go of Bomi' hand and pick her up.

She's as light as a feather

"I'm gonna give you a piggy-back ride now! Don't want anything to prick your feet!" I say, looking into her eyes with a gentle smile.

Thank god they didn't see the man I fucking killed. Bomi would likely be a little more on edge

Luckily the body wasn't really visible from the side we were on.

"YAY!!!" Bomi erupts with child-like happiness.

I mean I suppose she is a child so.

Nevertheless, I let her grab onto my shoulders. And I prop her up with my arms.

Now Cass should view me in a more positive light, at least I hope.

Why would the bad man (in this case me) be so thoughtful?


Huh.

I didn't even have to explain why I have two demi human children to the guards.

All it took was an "oh they're mine" and it was settled.

My stomach growls.

Have I even eaten anything today?

Don't matter I will soon anyway.

I'm not a picky eater so I'm just gonna wander till I find a place to grab some food.

Better be open, it cant be that late!


Bomi has been quite talkative, Cass hasn't said a word.

So she doesn't trust me yet.

After awhile of walking aimlessly with Cass and Bomi, I've stumbled upon an inn

"Yunkla's Inn" is what's on the sign. Strung above the door by rope.

Lets make this quick. I'm hungry and tired. I touch my necklace

"Back..." I whisper to myself

My appearance has reverted back to its original state. Operation fully complete.

I hope nobody noticed me switch back.

I enter the Inn, swinging the front wooden door open. Bomi still on my back. 

"Welcome sir! I'm Yunkla and welcome to my Inn!" A woman far older than me greets me.

She looks no younger than 40.

Her hair is short and green. She looks energetic though.

Surprising considering the time.

"Hey, uhhh..." I form words.

"Room for 3." I say as I walk up to the counter, passing many tables and chairs. placing Bomi down as I reach it.

I take out a gold coin and place it on the table. her eyes light up.

She turns behind her and takes a key off the wall, then turns back towards me and hands it over.

"Room 12, Anything else?" She asks tilting her head to the left.

"Food, got a menu?" I respond with a question.

She swiftly reaches under her side of the counter. After not even 3 seconds she hands me a menu.

"Tell me when your ready to order!" She says with a bright smile.

I nod.

"Come." I say to the two sisters.

We walk to a separate, empty room.

Perfect for eating. I always loved darker environments, it's calming.

I sit at the nearest table, followed by the sisters. I place the menu in front of them, since they're sitting right next to each other.

"What do you two want?" I ask. Resting my head on the palm of my hand which is propped up by my elbow.

They examine the menu.

"This." Says Cass surprisingly. One of the only times she's spoke.

I look at what she's pointing at, vegetable stew huh?

"This!" Says Bomi unsurprisingly

I shift my attention to her finger and she wants cooked fish.

I'll just take steak, well done.

"Well let me go place this then." I say as I get up.

After arriving at the counter again I give the menu back then order what we wanted. Stew fish and steak.

Upon heading back to the sisters, I enact phase 1.

"Hey Bomi, could you take some of these coins up to the room awhile?" I ask.

"'Kay!" Knew she'd do that.

I hand Bomi the key and some coins and she runs off to the room. Leaving me and Cass alone.

"Sooo.." I begin the final part.

"Why do you seem so on edge?" I ask.

"What do you really want with us?" She responds. I suppose her trust in humans has diminished.

"Well, I don't want anything in specific." I say as I break eye contact.

"I just think it would be wrong of me to leave two kids unattended this late at night, you know?" I explain.

"If I wanted something, I would've gotten it by now. I promise you." This isn't a complete lie.

"I guess you're right..." she answers, she's thinking it over.

"Plus realistically, why would I be feeding you, if I wanted something I wouldn't provide for you two. I'd be taking, not giving." I finalize.

"But then why save us? We're just demi-humans. Humans only ever exploit us for personal gain" she argues

"That's a great point, however you're applying other people to a whole different one. I have no use in using you for personal gain. I would be working on that if I was"  I do want something from them, but it's nothing that she expects.

"Am I really supposed to believe that? Humans lie too easily. Especially to get what they want. For all I know, you could be after my body." She says as she points at herself. She really doesn't talk young, just how old is she?

"Nah, I'd prefer to do that with someone I actually know and hold dear." 

She closes her eyes. And seems to think it over

After this is over, it should be smooth sailing from here.

"Done!" Yunkla appears from around the corner and places our food on the table.

I take out a gold coin and flick it over to her

"Thanks." I say without even looking at her.

The door front door swings open, and so she rushes off to tend to whoever entered the establishment.

Cass sighs.

"I'll give you one chance since it's not like we have anywhere else to go for tonight anyway." she says while looking at the ground.

"Just don't do anything stupid, got it?" She says as she begins to look up at me.

I smile

"Yes ma'am." She might not fully trust me, but she doesn't need to yet. 

Where's Bomi?

Don't tell me she got lost...

I sigh.

"I'll be back."


I fall back on to the mattress, it's a little stiff but it'll do.

that steak tasted good as hell...

I can't stop thinking about it.

But, I need to ask my question.

I sit up, the girls are feeling out the room.

Bomi is trying to climb a bookshelf, to no avail.

And Cass is just looking around aimlessly, making sure the room isn't rigged or nothing I guess

"So guys, I had a question." I say.

They both look at me.

"ya?" responds Bomi.

"Would you two like to stay with me?" Not like they have anywhere else to go anyway.

Cass, as usual, seems apprehensive to answer yes.

But Bomi is a different story.

"Oh me! I would!" She answers after ditching the bookshelf, skipping over to me, and jumping onto me. pushing me down.

Oof.

She hugs me tightly.

Even more affectionate than an actual cat.

That's one sister.

Bomi stops hugging me and sits up to look at Cass.

"So? Can we?" She says looking into her sisters eyes with child-like delight.

Cass might not trust me, but she wouldn't turn down her sister.

She doesn't respond for a moment, thinking.

After a minute she anxiously exhales and says "Fine!" after looking away from the two of us.

Perfect! Now I have some housemaids.

Lord knows I'm not gonna fuckin enjoy cleaning.

So what if I just didn't clean altogether?

After Cass warms up to me a bit more. She'll feel indebted, and so if I ask her to perform simple housekeeping duties she'll also likely comply. Bomi would then follow in her sisters footsteps, securing myself companions and housekeepers all at once.

That's the entire reason I saved them, well besides the part where they were children being sold I guess. Oh and the money part even if it sounds greedy!

God I'm getting too tired to think.

I've done so much today, and I haven't even realized.

I get up from the bed and opt for the floor.

"I'm going to bed." I say

Cass yawns as she gets up to get in bed with Bomi. 

Bomi looks down at me on the floor. While sitting on the bed.

Cass lay down on the right side of the bed. and looks towards the wall.

"Why don't you get in bed with us?" Bomi asks, I guess she doesn't know.

I think for a second, how the hell do I put this?

"It's not really normal for boys and girls to sleep in the same bed when they first meet." That's probably the most toned down way I can put it without shattering her innocence.

"I don't get it but 'kay!" Says Bomi, in a confused tone of voice.

I look away from the bed while laying down, using my right arm as a pillow.

I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. Oh man.


👋

2