A talk with a being inside my head
92 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Where am I?

I fell asleep, that im sure of.

How come I can freely move my body?

I can't be having a lucid dream, because there's nothing.

I'm just standing on darkness, surrounded by darkness.

"Oh hey! I didn't think you'd be here!" says a voice behind me.

I turn around without hesitation, needing to face the person who spoke to me.

A boy with pure blood-red hair and horns is what I'm met with.

"Yo!" he says while waving at me with a carefree face.

He wears pretty... expensive looking clothes.

Red blazer with blue running down the middle. black pants that look made out of a material far more than anything I've ever seen.

And a red tie. just plain red with nothing special about it.

He looks like a cross between a demon and a human.

He has the horns, the tail, but no other characteristic defines him as a demon.

"Ahhh I get it, you're too shocked to say anything aren't you?" he says, reading my mind completely.

"I mean I would also be confused if I out-of-the-blue saw someone who was in my head! So I can't really blame you" He adds onto his previous statement.

"I know you're new to this world so I'll clue you in, this stuff is common place! Not to mention things far stranger than this will happen." He says examining his attire, and readjusting his tie.

"But you have me to help you with that! So it's no biggie I'd say." He say's looking at me with a smile.

He disappears and reappears right in front of me before I can even think. Let alone see.

"You have a long way to go huh..." He says while closely examining me, his face almost right next to mine.

Best to stay calm.

"Hey, if you don't mind me asking.. Just who are you? And why are you here?" I ask  the two main questions on my mind.

"Who am I? Well that's simple." He says as he looks away.

"I'm Beel, a demonic prince! Well, at least I was one." he starts off strong, then devolves into a joking tone.

"To elaborate further! I was trained since birth in the art of swordsmanship, magic, you name it! It's essentially all apart of the royal life, y'know?" He says, looking back at me slowly.

"I even ranked as one of the most skilled swordsmen at my school! which is no easy feat!" He says putting his hand on his chest, and closing his eyes with a look of pride.

I stay silent, waiting for him to finish. With a blank expression on my face.

"And as for why I'm here huh?" he says as he holds his chin.

"well when you were brought here, the goddess who did so had made a mistake. She accidentally collided us into one existence due to a law called "Mana Stockage"" Explains Beel.

"And before you ask, "Mana Stockage" states that for mana requirements to be met for a certain person, the person in question will eat up any mana sources. And to meet those requirements for you. She had unknowingly and unintentionally made you, well, technically speaking, become me. This only really applies to those with extreme amounts of mana." Explains Beel further.

But he goes on.

"However at the same time you aren't really me, you're in full control of your body thoughts and emotions. I'm just a bystander that watches things unfold. And as for why it was me? I actually don't think there was a specific reason, since you're Mana Capacity is seemingly unknown.  I wouldn't be able to fill the gap, however us demons have enhanced Mana Recovery. So my theory is that it could've been any demon that was pulled to you, but it happened to be me!" He finishes off as he points to me with a snap.

"I could actually use this to my advantage, someone knowledgeable of this world is just what I need." I say  nonchalantly

"Perfect way of thinking! I for one don't actually quite care that I've lost the ability to do, well, anything! I never really fit in with other people anyway, and my parents hated me so." Beel lightly explains his tragic life story.

"And I like your vibe. So it's a pleasure to be able to pass my knowledge onto you! New best friend~!" He jokingly says.

Now that I think about it, if what he says is true. He's gonna be with me till the day I die, since he's technically me. I better be nice.

"Thanks, new best friend." I say with a similar joking tone.

we shake hands.

"Oh! you take the entrance exams for that school tomorrow don't you?" he strangely asks. As I let go of his hand.

"I believe so, why?" I respond.

"I was asking since you don't even know where the academy is, do you?" He makes a good point.

"Yeah, I don't. But I have Emilia to guide me so it's all good." I respond once more.

"Good to hear, I recommend reading as much as you can about this world there, I sure as hell don't know every little thing. " he advises

"Thanks for the recommendation, if I'm going to get stronger I better put in the work huh?" I respond with an obvious question.

"Most definitely, as  all I can provide is pointers and passing my swordsmanship and such onto you! I'm hoping you refine what I pass on though. I'm sure you've heard this before, but there's always room for improvement!" He says with a smile. What a stand up guy.

You'd never think he was a demon besides for his horns and tail.

Truly, he's just a nice guy. At least to me.

But eh, what can I expect? Not like he'd wanna be in bad terms with the guy who he basically has to be with forever.

It'd be like you and your roommate hating eachother, but you NEED to be roommates. a terrible experience.

Then a thought crosses my mind.

Lets try it.

Status.

It appeared. Level 2 now huh? 

With 1 skill point.

I sigh.

"Ill decide what to put that into another time." I say outloud as I close my status. I'll be focusing on gathering skills.

Beel seems to be just thinking. Looking upwards into the dark expanse of, well, wherever we are.

"Oh yeah." He says outloud.

He looks to me again.

"Whats your type?" He asks.

"What do you mean by "type"?" I ask with confusion.

"Your type of girl obviously!" He says joyously.

What the hell? That's so random.

"I personally like meaner girls, y'know? Ones that always talk back and hit you!" Oh man.

...

I look at him with a blank expression.

"Are you fucking serious?"

---------------------------------------------------

Late chapter because im sick but we pull through🙏

2