AOT: Humanity’s Last Stand Chapter Eleven: Allowance
324 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stared at a grave, my eyes clung to the names written crudely on the coffin, Frederick Ares...

Mom had been crying all morning, ever since learning that my father had gone to the Afterlife but I for one wasn't particularly surprised, One thing to be aware of is that when you become a Scout, your death is imminent no matter what way you put it.

Unless you got some hand on some sort of Superpower serum that turns you into a titan and eat a Titan shifter... only then will you be able to survive OR you could become Captain Levi, skilled but short.

Strangely by the Halo of the protagonist, Eren's friends didn't die... at least not all, Sasha surely passed away which shows us the Protag halo in this world is non-existent. Honestly the reason Eren even survived was because of the scouts and Mikasa... if not for them, Eren would have been on a one-way trip to the paths as an empty hull of a vessel.

It didn't matter how powerful you were, If you didn't have that luck in this world, A titan would certainly look your way and then that would be the end. 

It was like the predator chasing the prey, It's eyes wouldn't leave you and the said Titan would chase you to the end of the world and the worst part of it was that they didn't run out of energy, except at Night. Although Zeke Jaeger's new titans could walk around at night haunting the people within the walls ever so annoyingly. 

I was 12 now and had grown a lot taller, 2 years left until adulthood and I was mentally preparing myself to go to the Scout regiment, It didn't matter whether I got Top 10, my decision remained unchanged.

The reason I was going to the Scout regiment was not because I wanted to help Humanity break through the walls, Hell I didn't care about that, Humanity can stay within the walls for all I care as long as no roaming titan comes in contact with me... I wasn't a freedom fighter like Eren and I was even considering the possibility of killing him. 

The freedom fighter posed much more of a threat than I originally thought, even without the power of the Titans, Eren would be freaky but the fact was that even though I was a Levi fan, I still liked Eren a bit so I was willing to let him live, At least, until he did something really stupid.

The death of Frederick Ares brought a drastic downfall in the emotional status of the Ares family, Anna Ares could be seen walking around aimlessly, Her heart filled with doubt and regret. 

I on the other hand wasn't able to do anything to comfort her, specifically because I didn't have anything in mind. I couldn't just walk to her and tell her to forget about him, No, That was too cruel and let's just be honest, It's not like she would listen to me anyway so I just let her mope around.

Mikasa on the other hand is clinging to me and asking if Mom will be alright.

“She will be alright,” I said while stroking Mikasa's hair.

For the future for self defense purposes, I decided to learn Martial Arts. Yes, I developed my own form and everything. 

I call it Rage Breathing and it's still in progress, so far It has many forms depending on how much air you can expend. Yes, They were similar to breathing forms.

Since I was in the field and no kids played here, I took a strange stance and let in a deep breath. Feeling the energy surge and pulse through my veins, I targeted the air.

“Rage Breathing, First form, Impending Damage,” I muttered as I threw the fist and drew it back, In the next moment, A flurry of whooshes appeared in the air.

So far, Even the creator had made only three forms of this powerful breathing form. The trick to using Impending Damage was by exploiting the speed and the air taken in, During throwing the first punch and drawing it back, A flurry of punches takes it's place, aimed and targeted at the opponent. It's a great surprise to opponents who think they have the upper hand in a battle.

“Rage Breathing, Second Form, Skylight,” I muttered and drew my leg back before spinning and kicking the air.

This certain attack can break bones, I'm really sure of it although I haven't tried it out on anyone yet but still, The power and force behind that single attack was unreal.

“Rage Breathing, Third Form, Explosion,” I muttered and took in a deep breath, letting the air circulate through my lungs and energy seeped, ever so slowly through the veins and arteries in my body and then it sped up.

Explosion wasn't an attack neither was it a defense boost, It was more of the status boost for speed, agility and awareness. I haven't even seen my status yet, not like I wanted to see it...

The whole world seemingly stopped around me and I laughed. 

“Just you wait Annie, You think your punches and kicks are terrifying?” I laughed out loud like an evil maniac, “Well you're wrong, the ability to be faster than time itself is, I wonder how you'll react when you find yourself on the ground with nothing but broken arms!”

I got an allowance, every child got an allowance and my situation wasn't different, It was still enough to buy me a doughnut. It's rumored that there's a currency lower than even Copper, Once again, It's just a rumor there's no truth to it or so I think but still, My allowance of one copper coin a week is good enough for me.

Beside me was Mikasa who also got her own allowance, Two coppers... because of the excuse that she was a girl, What sort of bullcrap was that?

Anyway, The girl handed over the copper coin to me with a smile and I smiled back at her.

'It's like she can read my mind... It's almost scary,' I thought as I put my hand in my pockets and whistled as we headed to the same place we went to every week when we got our allowance... To the Doughnut parlor.

But... These days of happiness would soon come to an end, I was sure of it...

-

Author's Note:

Yeah and another chapter done, Stay tuned and don't forget to support and donate to me on Ko-fi.com/kristylers and get chapters ahead, Shiganshina has already fallen on Ko-fi...

15