AOT: Humanity’s Last Stand Chapter Ten: Trouble
289 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hunters crouched and saw their dead partners, Dead beyond recognition... actually what they were saying was their remains... Wild animals had already made their debut on the bodies turning them into chow and only leaving certain parts.

“This is what'll happen to any of you that choses to deviate from the squad,” The leader said as he looked away, gripped his rifle and walked on.

I had arrived at the small house in the forest where Anna lived, I had thought of relocating her nearer the district so that if the Colossal titan attacked, I could reach her quickly but I had Super speed. At most, I could make it here in 5 minutes.

My eyes flashed as I walked in and notified myself of the changes, Of course I tried to get furniture. Living itself is a luxury and if one can't live properly, What's the use of living?

A thin line spread across my face, The Jaegers went living poorly but they still lacked some necessary furniture in their house. Grisha was one of those savings kind of people, Besides he thought I couldn't notice him as he peeked on me from outside, Well that man is more stupid than I thought.

For whatever reason, He has been following me around and I couldn't do shit about it... Who knows the reason.

Anna had at least grown a little, letting go a bit of her childish charm and letting puberty kick in. Her blonde hair tied into a Ponytail as she tried to not look like Annie.

Over the course of last year, Anna had at least learned the Deer Vegetable soup so that limited my visits here to once a week and yes, This was that once in a week.

I dropped my gun at the side and took off the cloak, putting it on a wooden chair at the side. Soon, We'll be forced to abandon all this to the power of the Colossal and Armored titan.

I winced as I continued walking in search of Anna, The fact that they were somewhere outside the walls wasn't assuring one bit. Maybe I could just run and run and maybe encounter them... The possibility of encountering them was small at best while the possibility of being eaten by a Titan is high... How would I even get over the walls in the first place? Steal an ODM gear and get hunted down by the Scouts? Not my cup of tea.

For whatever reason, That's how they lost their partner... To a titan so agile that they couldn't hear it coming, Imagining Ymir as the Armored titan made me laugh a bit. Besides Titan shifters only live for 13 years before dying to the curse of Ymir. If I became a Titan for example, Would my body nullify the curse of Ymir or would I live with it? That's the top question.

Anna hugged me from behind and I let out a sigh.

“Naughty girl,” I said to myself and she giggled, 'She does realize that we're the same age, right?'

A slight feeling spread through my heart as I held her hand, The scent in the house and the aroma that wafted had already revealed that she has been cooking so it was no surprise.

We were only ten years old, and four years remaining until Shiganshina's fall in the year 850, That's why i'm looking at everything from a realistic point of view. I don't want anyone I know to die. No, They shouldn't dare die, I won't have a sad storyline like the Damned Levi Ackerman.

The plan was simple and relatable, On the course of the fanfics I've read, The Reincarnated main character carries his family to the boats before anything even happens. I don't know when it happened though, seems like Late Afternoon. Nothing would go in accordance with the anime, I'm sure of it and besides I'm not sure Mom would let me drag her out of the house without a proper reason.

I grunted as I ate my food, a Headache coming up. Well nothing matters as survival is what I'm after.

Mikasa is becoming more beautiful now, although she's beautiful, She isn't as emotionless as the Mikasa from the anime and pretty cheerful. Alas I could also see she was deeply in love with me, Oh come on, It was even public for fuck's sake.

I had a question for the world, When I die again, I need to ask why anime main characters are so dense? No, It's a proper question. If I could see at a glance that Mikasa was in love with me, How could Eren not see it until he was 19?

Or maybe it's some sort of sickness spreading through main characters? The universe worked in mysterious ways.

I left another week of supply at the house as well as made a little bit of stew for her to eat alongside the rice before leaving. I was heading home, Today was tiring and I for one didn't want to waste any more time in this forest than I wanted.

---

Author's Note:

Yeah and another chapter done, I think I'll increase the word count to 1k words in the next chapter since so many readers suggested it so stay tuned and don't forget to support and donate to me on Ko-fi.com/kristylers and get chapters ahead, Shiganshina has already fallen on Ko-fi...

14