2. Sanity – Aftermath
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sanity 2
 
The power outage spread through like wildfire, all communication on the outside country ceased to be. The world simply went dark.

Generators were ran as mostly last resort, most remain useless due to the disaster that had occured recently.

Debris spread through the entire country, the earth today was filled with the aftermath of the disaster.

Casualty?

A hundred million or so were wiped out from the face of the planet.

.

Money, they desire. The economical structure that is the base of all currency in human society. Death is the byproduct of life, the norm.

What is now the focus of all living inhabitants right now-

Is the large structures that seemed to sudden shown itself in every parts of the country.

Money, money, money. Ah, greed.

"What now?" The thought emerged. "What should we do?" Confusion rose. "And what is that thing?" Question spread like wildfire.

A kind of apocalyptic event - an extinction event. One that screams "Your time was over, you've lived too much." event. Too much to digest - too much to accept.

"Shitting fuck." A male student cursed.

 
 
"Atleast we're alive and all." One of them said.
"Not even worried when there's a possibility that your close relatives, or your parents die?"

"...." That froze everyone off. Right.

They were lucky, lucky to be alive. A worst scenario came to them...

"Oh fuck...." That one male student cursed once again.

.

"Atleast let us out!? Why are you people getting in the way!?" A lockdown soon followed. A horde of shouting and complaining echoed throughout the campus, people died - on a very large scale, as most buildings on two stories and up collapsed in an instant scale.

"You can only get out when you have guardian or parent escorting you. It's too dangerous to be out there! Who knows what will happen to you all when you go without supervision!?" Most walls in the school were mostly badly damaged. Mostly teachers are blocking the only gate outside. Hazardous, the alternative routes are.

"Fuck off! What if they were fucking dead!? You think we can just stay here and do nothing when the entire world has gone to shit!?" A few resorted to escape using alternative way out.

"Please! Just let us out! My-my mom is waiting for me, she's- she's terminally ill! Just let me out!!!" No matter how much they begged, it was useless.

And what way could it be to go outside.

"You fuckers are going too fucking far." Rage fell, delinquents burst in with intimidation in hand. Weilding metal bats and brace knuckles in their hand.

"Shit-"

""Shit" alright, you're pissing me off right now. You guys are fucking adults, why don't you follow us instead, that way you can supervise us however you want."

Another silence followed, along with the teachers talking to one another before arriving to a conclusion.

"No can do, you guys are still kids. You are still not old enough to make decisions-"

"Decisions my ass, how about you start worrying for your family then?"

.

.

.

.

"A hundred million casualties...." A naturally blond man in suit sat in his chair, looking at the window with indifference in his comfortable office.

The shifts in the ground made the landscape in front of his eyes look uncanny, although out of place he still observed it.

A knock went in his ears, his office - bereft of noise once was lively.

 
 
"Come in." He said. The knob was then twisted, as the door opened.
Revealing a man in suit in his 30s or so.

"Zdravstvuyte (Hello), Sir Dirkost." He bowed firstly, Dirkost gestured him to seat.

"Apologies for the sudden appointment, Sir Dirkost, I have an inkling of information - which I've gathered before our communication in the outside world became limited. The government had already worked hard on it."

"....go on." The blond man, Dirkost said, tapping his fingers in his table.

".....as you can see, Sir - this weird structure seemed to have a appeared in a very - spectacular fassion, you can say."

"Considering that earthquake happening everywhere around the world, I wouldn't even be surprised."

"Yes, because of that - electricity became the new "need" of every adult, and you know what that means right?"

Electricity was immensely disrupted - one of the core functions of the human society, as another medium of communication and convenience.

"Economy was flattened - decreased to the very ground." Dirkost sighed. A lack of electricity means greatly reduced workflow, factories rely on electricity to automate and decrease it's costs on producing a product, that also goes for people working in corporations.

Going back to the old ages will be most likely, but alternatives still do exists...

The employed people will be the ones affected the most. An uproar on unemployed will soon rage, the increasing worry of death rates.

And the death of the internet.

"Sir Dirkost, this event was truly unprepared for us to face. Although our organization ran on solar energy in lieu of a standardized one, we should consider ourselves lucky." A man in black suit said.

"The reason for casualties?"

The air seemed to have become silent, hesitance clearly had affected the man in suit.

"A Nuclear Power Plant leak, most likely. Once that leak spreads, a country will become akin to that of a chernobyl itself, although some of it is situated so far away from civilized lands.... we can say...."

"Europe seemed to be affected the most, following the United States, and then Japan itself."

 
 
 
 
 
"......." The conversation went frozen.
"You think it's the age of a new era again, sir?" Upon that uncanny landscape - in his nigh-inpenetrable home, to which small signs of cracks appeared on the marble walls.

A tower, that sticks out like a sore thumb, partly because of it's entire structure was made of black surface, which made the entire sky odd due to it's enormous scale.

Dirkost scoffed.

"We'll simply regress on the old one instead, yet. Unless humanity unites to the uncover and defeat this new "threat" we're facing as of this moment. I'll take back my first statement."

"And, know this - the cracks in the sky signifies something. And we're truly goners if we don't manage to do something about it."

"It's time we make a move, uncover these new entity that dare appear in our homeland."

 
 
 
 
1