Chapter 3| Betrayal (3)
73 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3| Betrayal-(3)

“What do you say?”

Cao Shi asked Xu Fei to confirm the words he had just heard.

“I said I will report the company to the legal authorities.”

“Will you really do that to a company which is like your own flesh and blood?”

Cao Shi said as he looked at Xu Fei with interest but there was clearly anger hidden in his eyes.

‘That's true!! The company is like my own flesh and blood!’

Ark entertainment was already one of the top agencies in China when Xu Fei had entered it but the journey from a top agency in China to the world's top agency was a long and difficult thing.

Xu Fei had given his all for it.

He had started as a composer in the bottom and made his way through the top.

There was a time when each one of his songs was a major hit. It is to the point that the previous CEO of the company, Cao Shi's father had given him shares to keep him in the company.

After the previous CEO's death, Cao Shi had taken over this company and Xu Fei was always wary of him.

It was because Cao Shi was a venomous snake. He swallows all the sweet things and spit out all the poison.

But he never thought he would get this low, even making the celebrities sleep with rich businessmen.

‘You can never be white in a business!’

That's was a truth even Xu Fei knows of as his father himself was a businessman.

Even the previous CEO, Cao Shi's father was never white but Cao Shi was pure black.

Xu Fei despised him because of that.

“I will do it regardless.”

“Do you really think you will be safe after that. You will lost your job, you will not be able to make music again.”

Cao Shi was purely threatening him there but Xu Fei felt that his words were a joke.

“What do you mean by that. I think many agencies would hire me.”

He was one of the best composer in the world. Any agency will take him in.

“Do you really think that your songs are still a hit. Look at the comments on your songs, your last ten songs were flops. The last two albums you worked on were completely flops despite our marketing.”

Xu Fei made a bitter smile when he heard that. Cao Shi was indeed right, he had not been making good songs for sometime now but there was a reason besides it.

‘It was because of you!’

Xu Fei thought as he looked at Cao Shi.

He was the reason behind those flops. Cao Shi had interfered with the songs many times when he was making them.

He wanted him to make fast and party songs, that can earn him lots of money.

Because of his interference, Xu Fei was not able to produce a good work and the albums had flunked.

“Anyway, I think agencies will still take me in.”

“Is that so?”

Cao Shi smiled like a snake there and continued to say.

“But what if I said that you were also involved in it, your reputation will surely tarnish because of it.”

He was basically saying that if he will go to jail, he will take Xu Fei with him.

Xu Fei was sure that he would be able to survive that because he had never done sometime like that truly.

But.…..

‘My reputation will tarnish because of it!’

He was in the entertainment industry for so long, he obviously knew that reputation was the most thing in the industry.

If it was revealed that he was involved in illegal prostitution, his career would be destroyed.

The media these days are always waiting for a prey. They will not investigate the matter throughly and will write tons of articles about him.

Xu Fei fell into his thoughts there. If he revealed the matter to the authorities, Cao Shi will surely use the media to write articles about him.

He was too poisonous of a man.

But he can't let it go, because he knew that the matter will come out sooner or later.

“I will give you a week. Stop all this and I will gloss it over. That's my final warning to you.”

Xu Fei said that and left the office after that leaving a baffled and angry Cao Shi, looking at his back with a furious expression.

“Damn!! That Xu Fei.”

* * *

“Senior Xu, I heard you were talking with CEO Cao till now. What happened?”

His junior came to him when he entered his studio.

“We just had some talks. By the way, how's the background music of the song going?”

“It's going good but Senior Xu, it looks like you haven't slept last night.”

His junior said as he looked over his clothes and messy hair.

“Don't worry about it.”

“But you should probably sleep.”

“I will. Go to your work now.”

Xu Fei said strictly and his junior left reluctantly.

Xu Fei sat on his chair and started doing his work but his mind was never on his work.

‘Did I did right? Or wrong?’

His mind was still on his earlier talk with Cao Shi.

He was contemplating over it with a serious expression.

Maybe, he should have directly reported it to the authorities? Or he should stay silent like he never knew what had happened?

Various thoughts filled his head in that moment.

‘Let's not regret me decision!’

Xu Fei decided not to regret his decision. He will not report to the authorities if Cao Shi will stop it in a week.

But if he didn't, he will resign and reveal it directly in a press conference.

After that, even if Cao Shi wanted to tarnish his reputation, no one will believe in him.

He will just be a dog barking before his death.

“Senior Xu, are you also going to the party tonight?”

“Huh? Are you talking about the anniversary party?”

Xu Fei had forgotten about it for a second but today was the anniversary party for the company.

Cao Shi had invited all the staff, trainers and important personnel to the party.

All of the celebrities associated with Ark entertainment would be there and there would also be some other celebrities.

It would be a night of glamour and fun for everyone.

“I had heard that the CEO had booked a five star hotel and there would be hostesses to serve us drinks.”

“Well, I will be there.”

Xu Fei thought it would be good to change his mind by going there.

2