Just a better written Chapter 5:(Soul Power), Chapter 6 comes later today
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack wakes up slowly seeming to awaken from his unconsciousness. With a massive headache. Pounding him consistently. Shaking his head from his drowsiness he makes his way upwards as he uses his knee as support to get up. He remembers he accomplished killing the new slime. He makes some distance away from the waystone as he tries to do some basic exercising to warm up his stiff muscles. This is where it all repeats.

(“why do I have to do this all again”)

Rolling his shoulders, Jack does his basic pushups, situps, wall sits against the waystone, squats to train legs and other variations to train different parts of his muscles. After doing his basic workout and feeling the strain of his muscles burning He places his hand upon the waystone to check how many points he had left.

(“I guess it a way of improving and training”) he thought

He had absolutely no points left after he spent it all as he looked at the screen with disappointment.

(“I should really just continue farming regular green slimes”)

(“All my points are gone because I just experienced a little bit of trouble”) as he scratches his head.

(“I should definitely find a way to shave my hair”)

Jack's hair was a mess, just a very thick bush on his head right now. But that wasn’t a priority right now so he shoves all those useless thoughts to the back of his mind

All that training only raised his stats by only so much and he spent the last 5 points on the healing function for the exhaustion and pain from the last fight. As he clenches his fist. Since he couldn’t farm the blue slimes yet because they are a bit harder and special.

He went back to stage 1 and he felt the world change but it was only for an instance. He saw the green slime teleport to the middle of the island.

[Normal Green Slime]

Jack looks towards the sky and sees the 49 specks of souls.

But one seems a bit dimmer than the rest. He stares at it and wonders what happened to it. He wonders if he gathers enough of the mysterious energy would the specks in the sky slowly begin to disappear.

(“ I will finally decide to give the specks in the void a name, it can’t be possible to be stars”) Jack thought.

Jack points towards the sky…

Souls” said Jack. A very basic definition but it makes sense. Every time he kills a slime they will appear in the sky. Maybe more than 2 will appear the stronger or harder the slime is.

Jack tries to find out what makes the Souls in the sky really special but before he does. He called the energy he just used Soul Energy (“It all makes sense”) he thought.

The Souls in the sky disappears when he harness the energy within him. Which could definitely be called Soul Energy. And you know what makes this all better. Soul manipulation should help to harness Souls to make Soul Energy within me.

(“At least my naming sense shouldn’t be trash he thought”) he said while smiling. Jack hopes others think so too. Well that only matters if I can even meet others like me

But Jack rushes towards the slime but this time instead of farming the slime he would try to use the Soul Energy since he already put points into soul manipulation.

(“Time for me to experiment with this new found power”) He said laughing.

He tries to feel the soul Energy gathering around him. If that doesn’t work he will try to feel the energy within the Souls in the sky and try to bring the Souls towards his body. Focusing on the sky which seems to collect these Souls but nothing really changed much, the Souls are still stationary in the sky with no sudden dullness.

(“Now I have a question for myself. Do souls store life energy within them? Does using this power allow me to heal myself during some situations? I might be a smart ass Jack thought. Or maybe it was common sense. Wait but how can it be common sense if nobody has ever experienced this situation before. Or at least nobody has talked about it around me.”) Jack begins to ramble on and on until the slime attacks him.

He dodges the first attack of the slime as it launches itself towards him.

(“Almost forgot about you slime well it's time for me to get serious, I can die at any moment here”) He said depressed

Maybe it's based on how Jack feels or how close he is to death. But he really didn’t want to test the feeling of death; he didn't want to put himself in that kind of situation again. Also he didn’t have any points to heal currently. But he still feels excited to test some new theories.

Swoosh

The slime launched itself beside Jack while he was standing still. It tries to redirect itself to hit Jack in his chest. Jack barely moved to the side, when he felt a gush of wind hit him on the face.

Jack jumps backwards to get out. Jack knows he can’t dodge forever with his very limited stamina.

Jack continually dodge the slime attacks to keep himself safe and also test how he can actually fight the slime.(“This is so exhausting he thought, I can’t keep stalling like this”) He dodges another attack as he feel fatigue in his legs. His mouth becomes dry from all this running around. He is short of breath and a burning feeling enveloping him.

He has never tried to dodge this much in his life but slowly he begins to feel energy slowly flow into him as he focuses on the Souls in the sky. His body enters a conscious state of continuous dodging as his instincts begin to take effect.

Boom

Boom

Boom

Boom

The slime creates craters as it launches itself at high speeds towards Jack. It was only a matter of time before Jack messed up.

 

(“Why does Slimes have infinite stamina”) He was so irritated, he didn't know how to take control of this energy. It seems profound for him but he tries anyway. As he tries many combinations of attracting the Souls towards his chest.

 

(“Let's see if the method I read it webnovels works”). He harness the Souls by using the Soul manipulation stat, with his weak control Jack tries to connected a path to somewhere in his abdomen which should be where his dantain.

 

(“ I know this would be stupid”) Jack somehow was able to find joy in the situation he was in right now.

 

But somehow it worked. Finally Jack stops running and stands still while the slime is before him. Seems like it was staring him down. The slime prepares to launch itself as the ground begins to vibrate.

 

Jack channels the energy into his abdomen. Slowly the Soul in the sky slowly begins to fade quickly within seconds the amount of Souls in the sky becomes 45 but it was too much for Jack to handle. All you could see was gray participles slowly trinkle into his body.

It also feel like the Soul Energy has a healing effect but it could have been his own imagination. He feels like he could beat anyone. He begins to slime I've finally used power that doesn’t follow the rules of earth.

(“I know there are others, I know people got transported before me, are they the same, have they used this power before”

(“What is happening he thought”) He feels full of energy, rejuvenated even but also he feels like he could explode at any moment. He has to release it but doesn't know how. He doesn’t even know how to stop the connection of energy entering him.

He aches all over, every fabric of his being feels like it is burning.

(“Is this all due to the energy”) He shouts.

Jack begins to sweat profusely. His eyes become bloodshot. He begins to shake. He can’t handle it anymore. He begins to break down. Anguish!!

He tries to keep calm. But the slime is before him, He is about to explode from energy held inside him.

All he can see now is blood. Would I regret doing this? Yes, but would this probably open up a new world of imagination for me. The only answer is yes. (“This might be my end but I’ve lived a good life up until this point “) Jack thought. I wonder how everyone on earth is doing now. With probably millions gone, the world should be devastated.

("Wait why am I thinking this right now, I should be trying to survive")

A system panel appeared in front of him. He was dazed.

 

Achievement unlocked: Harness Energy!!!

Amount of people:

41/100

Title unlocked for being top 50

Title: Harness Energy

Effects:

Energy channeling efficiency increased by 10%

Maybe I will continue living. Maybe this will affect my destiny. In the face of death Jack was smiling. He has achieved something in his boring life.

0