Chapter 6: Am I dead?
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack lays against the waystone wondering what’s happening. His heartbeat feels like it could burst out his chest. His hands were shaking constantly. He can’t get up.

Jack goes back and forth about what he should do. Like bombs, you could hear his heartbeat from across the floating land. He began to shake, he couldn't move but somehow his body was rocking side to side.

His muscles tense, He feels like his insides are about to explode. Goosebumps begin to swell up among his body.

Boom

Boom

his heart beats again. He doesn't know what's happening to him. His heart is thumping against his own body.

Boom

Just like that Jack passed out from the extreme pain that seems to erupt out of his body and the sheer fear of what's happening to him. Death seems to approach him but it doesn't seem to have taken his life.

Now he finally remembered what happened, it all felt like a dream. He was trying to handle the energy within him. Extracting power of the Souls in the sky. He absorbed too much inside of him. He didn’t know how to release it.

This is where things turned into hell. His body began to disintegrate. He was losing control of his body. The power was trying to take control of him. He should have predicted this, they are Souls from dead monsters that he killed. Maybe they still have a will behind them

(“ This is so cursed”) He said weeping.

He just began to achieve something. He finally began to feel proud of himself. He was able to receive a title that less than 100 people could have. Now all he can feel is pain. He can barely comprehend anything.

No thought process goes through his mind, he doesn’t know how to salvage this situation. All he needs to do is release this energy.

Jack wasn’t even standing straight anymore, his body couldn’t handle the strain, He couldn’t handle the pain. He was kneeling. His chest bare bloodied flesh.

Swoosh

Boom

The slime collided against his chest. He was sent flying. He doesn’t know where he is on the island. His sense of balance is gone. He doesn’t know if he’s upright or laying down. But he knows one thing if he gets knocked unconscious he is dead.

Maybe the only thing alive is his will to live. He tries to direct the energy. He tries to control it. But can he?

(“ Is all this effort for naught, will I die here like this”) Jack said.

He doesn’t even know what facial expression is on his face right now. He doesn’t know if he's still crying. All he feels is anguish, everlasting pain and anguish.

He wants to die, he wants to be of this torment. He is still surprised that he hasn’t dropped dead yet. Is this basically suicide. Isn’t all the blood gushing out of his body? Isn’t his flesh that scattered on the island his doing.

Didn’t he lead himself to his own torment. This could have never began if he had just not followed the path of the Souls. Maybe that power isn’t everything. Maybe he needed a good foundation. Maybe he needed to invest in the other stats.

I wonder how the strongest person in this place would deal with something like this. Maybe they could be out of this damn place. His consciousness begins to fade but he feels like he was on the brick up comprehending something great.

(“I'm so close, I'm almost there. Just a little more”) Jack said desperately

Jack can’t even tell if he's breathing right now, He has no sense of touch, no sense of smell, no sense of sight. But he was able to talk. He was able to speak, he was able to say something grand. But it never came out. Or did he. The slime was launching itself towards him again.

3 seconds

2 seconds

1 second

Under his ragged breath Jack said one final thing before he passed out, “May my journey into the unknown forge a bright path

During Jack's final moments all his energy was gathered towards his disappearing hand. He slammed his hand against the slime with all the energy he had left. A never ending explosion.

Crash

Boooom!!!!!

The slime was instantly disintegrated. A green slime was never a problem to Jack anyway. He doesn’t know how this all ended up to this point. He felt dead. He doesn’t even know if he’s alive right now.

Everything was silent, no bouncing of the slime, No wind, No sound at all.

Alerting Main System

An explosion of unimaginable power has been exposed to island #102#050#05

Repairing of Island is beginning

Host of island is unconscious but barely alive

Healing Factors being sent

t - 10..9…8…7…6..5..

4…3…2…1

##Error##

Host is healing on his own.

Jack wakes up slowly, just as he was getting used to the surroundings again. A massive burning feeling was felt throughout his body.

(“I don’t have any points”) Jack cried out.

He can’t heal himself but he feels like he has recovered quite a bit from his missing flesh all over the place. Jack is dazed; he doesn't know what he should do right now. He feels like he could pass out any minute now. His last nap didn’t make him recover energy in the slightest

He could smell burned flesh around him.

(“Have I been cooked by my own energy”) He thought

But this wasn’t any time to joke around right now, at least he was able to get his sense of smell and sight again. But he feels different. He feels his body has been altered in some way. Or just maybe he's being over the edge right now.

But right now he still can’t move his body. Maybe it seems like an after effect of using Soul Energy but note to self. If I was going to use this power again, I have to begin from the very smallest amount. Just a couple of Souls. Almost killed him, if he couldn’t let the energy surge throughout his hand.

He would be dead right now. But at least the slime got instantly killed. If he was able to move he would have clenched his fist. But he did have a cheeky face right now. Smirking because of this new found power.

I guess he was doing all this thinking to distract him from all this unimaginable pain he was feeling right now. But I guessed it didn’t help. Jack might be smirking right now but he is also clenching his teeth.

It feels like it could break with the amount of pressure he is putting on them. All of the places where his wounds were. Are flaring with pain. All the wounds from now turned into scar’s that he would probably have for a while.

But Jack feels a lot weaker than he should right now. He feels like he lost 50% of his strength. He could barely try to clench a branch.

(“How could I have possibility forget about the branches, god damn it”) Jack said negatively

I almost died today because I forgot to bring my branch, he thought. Why does he have to be so clumsy? He was irritated with his own mistake. He let himself be endangered because he forgot to break his own weapon.

It’s about time I should upgrade it though.

(“Wait a second, why does the Island look better than it did before. “) He thought.

He saw no crevices or damage. It was like when he first arrived in this place. Actually how long have I been passed out for. Hours? Days even? Actually, how long have I been in this place? I wonder how my parents are. I hope they are doing well. I really hope they haven’t been transported to this place.

They are getting way too old to be dealing with a bunch of monsters they know nothing about. I'm even more worried about my mom. She was a simple house wife, who would take care of the natural balance of the home. Without her I wouldn’t know how to continue living…

(“Let's forget all of that right now, all I need to do is survive and maybe I can meet both my parents soon enough”) Jack said determinedly

But he knew inside that they might be already dead. How can I even look for my parents right now when I can’t even take care of myself. I don’t even know what this place is or how I even ended up here.

His natural sense of movement finally came back to him, as Jack began to get up slowly. Every movement of his muscles makes him grimace. He knew if he wanted to survive he had to become stronger

This is where my true story starts. This is what Jack thought, but Reality isn’t always like that. He will go through many challenges where he will be closer to death than he ever thought.

1