Chapter 2: The same Slime
33 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack can be seen laying on the ground. Slowly waking up from his unconscious state. With a killer headache, Jack can’t decide what to do next. He was in all kinds of pain, and passing out didn’t seem to help him in any way. Jack decides to look back at the waystone, the only thing that could probably help him in this situation. He tries to stand up but all falls and the only thing he gained from that was an intense pain that was spreading throughout his body.

 

Jack's legs weren't going to help him in this situation. He uses his arms to slowly move himself closer to the waystone. He grabbed the hard soil in front of him using that as a way to drag himself closser. This was going to be miserable as he was still many feet away from the waystone. He looks around his surroundings seeing nothing that could help him. He can’t really sense how bad his situation is right now as his body is numb.

 

He continues to drag himself as his will power doesn’t seem to grow weaker. Time passed as Jack was only a few inches away. You could see his bloodied path on his way over here. And the grip marks that were made in the soil. Dirt was all over his body. His clothes also deteriorated. He has no protection. He lifts himself slowly to cause the least amount of pain. But his chest pain wasn’t going to give him a break. He was going through all kinds of agony. Throb like swords was being stabbed in his chest. He pushed through the pain, as he laid right in front of the waystone. He puts his hand on top of the rough waystone surface, the screen could be seen in front of his face.

 

Now there were 3 new things being shown on the screen. Points in the top left, and also a new tab called healing. Jack realized he had 5 points being shown on the top left, Jack’s face shifted as his lips turned into a smile, his teeth could be seen it was all because of what was presented on the screen, when he saw that healing was also 5 points the condition his body was in right now could be healed. But he didn’t know how he would activate it, he looked in amazement trying to come up with any solution.

 

He tried pressing it but it didn’t work. His smile slowly becomes a frown as he becomes frustrated. Then he tried using his mind by thinking about clicking the healing tab and putting his focus on it, the screen works in wonders as his points got depleted, and a wave of relief spreads throughout his body, his wounds were getting mended, he feels like he was in a soft cloud where nothing can go wrong. But that was only a hallucination, as death could be around the corner. He wouldn’t let death be so close to him ever again.

 

Jack felt drowsy, his eyelids quivering, he couldn't keep his eyes open any longer, his facial expression relaxed, Jack slowly fell to the ground making a small thud, the wind from his body spread the dust away from his body.

 

He shortly wakes up, drool leaking from his partly open mouth, his eyes still trying to open. His body was in its best state it's ever been. This was all due to the healing. Jack lifts his upper body resting it on his legs.

 

He was thinking of what happened before he fell asleep, his body shivered over the thought of almost dying. He looks back at the waystone, mystery flashed between Jack's eyes. Jack decided to get up, cracking sounds could be heard throughout Jack's body. He takes a step towards the waystone, the ground still rough under his feet. He looked into the distance only to see pitch black, but this time there were 2 small floating specks in the distance.

 

But nothing has really happened since his fight with the slime, Jack eyebrow lowered as he was in thought, his mind wandering through what could cause this.

 

But he pushed it all to the back of his mind, he would find out eventually. As he continues to stay in this unknown place. But there was one thing that was strange, the island he was on, the atmosphere worked the same way like on earth.

 

Jack was now standing right infront of the waystone, he stretched out his hand, realizing it looked a bit different. More youthful, but he was only 16 after all. His hand rested on top of the waystone tilted surface.

 

The screen was presented in his face again, he looked at the screen when he saw the third thing that he forgot to mention. A next button on the right and a restart button on the left with a level 1 label in the middle. But Jack had an open mind to all this, he could have guessed what this meant.

 

He focussed on the restart, until the surrounding seemed to become distorted, small particles gathering back to the same stop where the slime was before.

 

His eyebrows scrunched together, his jaw tightened at the thought of fighting this same goddamn slime again.

 

This time Jack decides to grab a random branch on the floor, before closing in on the slime. This time the branch wasn’t as dense, it feels like it could break with only a few hits. But Jack still decides to close in on the slime, he runs at full speed. His body flapping, his fat swing left to right. Slowing down his movement slightly.

 

“I need to train more I swear, this is going to kill me” he thought

 

Only being a foot away from the slime, it seemed to have awoken, but Jack was already determined to dodge the slime first attack. He lowers his stance to move his body weight to a different side of his body.

 

His foot shifted while he bends his knees, the slime leap towards him. Jack side jumped, beside the slime, then Jack shifted his body, bringing the branch high into the air. He swung down before the slime had a chance to land. A heavy hit was sent on top of the slime but it didn't do much. He slime tried to jump again, but Jack intercepted that, Hitting it on its body again. The slime fails to jump but in its effort it tries to spray him with his acid.

 

This surprised Jack, it landed only a few inches away from Jack's feet. But he already backed up quite a distance. He wasn’t trying to have to get healed again. Still remembering the burnt flesh on his chest of the past. His body shivers and this gives the slime the chance to swiftly jump towards Jack.

 

Jack dodge to the right, leaving a imprint of his foot on the ground, his shoes were already gone from his battle with it previously, but this let the slime have another chance to attack Jack.

 

All Jack was doing now was trying not to get hit by the slime again and also finding a chance when he can strike. Time slowly passed from Jack’s battle, the ground was littered with small holes. The slime looks beaten while Jack breathing was ragged, He was heavy with weariness. His moves were sluggish. As he couldn’t move his heavy body. His branch was half destroyed, lasting way shorter than the other one.

 

He moves to another branch picking this one up, He makes his way towards the slime. Jack had many footprints spread throughout the ground by how much he was moving. Fortunately he hasn't been hit by an acid attack yet. But his body was still dirty from the last battle. All Jack wishes for is to be clean and this battle to be over.

 

Jack makes his final sprint towards the slime, the slime tries to dodge away. But it wasn't fast enough. Jack leaps into the air like the slime. He brings down his branch, striking it dead on. The slime slowly deteriorates, dying.

 

Jack falls into the ground finally feeling like he accomplished something, joy was written all over his face, with a wide smirk. Small giggles left his mouth, time slowly passed as Jack got back up and made his way towards the waystone to lean on. But before that he takes his hand and places it on the rough surface. Finding that he had a 1 point instead of the 5. Probably has to do with him killing his first monster. He looks at the 5 stats, each one of them all had a 1 point purchase tab beside it.

 

Jack looks over his body situation thinking over what stat to upgrade. He slowly wonders his mind around agility and strength. He needs agility to move around quicker and dodge the slime attacks better but he needs strength to kill the slime faster.

 

Jack puts his focus on strength, realizing this is indeed the best decision because if he somehow got an attack on the slime he will need to kill slime faster to survive. Determination of survival was seen all over Jack’s face, power seems to rush out of Jacks physique, his muscles bulged slightly while his bones seemed to harden. Amazement could be seen on Jacks face, a place where he could gain unimaginable amount of power he slowly looked in the darkness now seeing there were 4 small speck’s in the sky.

 

“Does eveything have to do with the death of monsters?” said Jack.

 
3