Chapter 3: Getting stronger
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack finds himself in a mindless state, staring off into the distance. His eyes focused only on the 4 small specks, He finds himself growing stronger only a little. Jack breaks away from the illusion as excitement fills his mind. He smiles while thinking of the possibilities to grow even stronger. Jack finds an area to rest, He picks a place which is near a bunch of branches only a few feet away from the waystone. He uses a branch as his head rest. It wasn’t comfy in any way. His body was irritated. A small amount of pain was coming from his back when resting on the ground. It was ruff sleeping on hard soil. He couldn’t find any comfort even when switching between different positions. Jack scrunches his eyebrows as the soreness from the battle begins to settle in. It was going to take a while for Jack to even get a speck of rest. Even though he was drowsy, his eyelids quiver and facial features relax. He leaned on his toes to resist the constant pain of his heel. This was all thanks to his constant dodging, it did quite a bit of damage to his feet, Jack rested on the right side of his body as he finally gave in to his tiredness.

 

A short while later when he woke up he couldn’t tell if it was night or day, but sometimes depending on the time the darkness seems to lighten a little. Maybe of the day cycle in this place. But he grunt as he got up, He steady himself getting on his feet lightly but he still felt a bit stronger from buying a point of strength. But he still wonders if soul manipulation is related to the specks in the darkness.

 

Jack was standing straight with a bit of stinging pain in his heel, which caused quite a bit of discomfort. But before making his way to the waystone. He was going to do a test of how much his strength increased based on the stat. His max pushups before was 12, now he was going for a new max even though he never trained. Jack got into a proper pushup position and he breezed through the first 10 which was quite impressive for him but now it was getting a lot more difficult. The next 2 surprised Jack because usually around here he could barely hold himself up. But he was actually able to do 2 more before he failed to do the 15th pushup.

 

Jack smiled, looking at his new improved strength but it wasn’t that impressive to many. Jack decided today is where he's going to grow as strong as possible. Before Jack went to face another smile which he's going to be doing for his morning routine. He started basic calisthenics, since he had no equipment. Pushups, situps, squats, and many other variants. After Jack was done with that. He made his way to the waystone looking at what he could upgrade today. A screen was presented in front of him, Jack reset for a bit before concentrating on restart. He was going to redo level 1 as many times as possible today to build endurance and gain points.

 

The slime was spawned this time the atmosphere was dense, as Jack stared dead on at the slime. An aura of determination was appearing from his body. Jack picks up a branch from sleeping area as he made his way to the slime, Jack rushed in stomping on the ground as he exploded from the area jumping above the slime, he brought his arm up as the air move away, He strung down with his branch, which was quite sturdy this time the air compressed around the weapon, as he brute force to strike the slime. The slime moved side to side, before it even had a chance to attack when it detected Jack. Before the slime could even get a chance to move, Jack struck it over and over again. Even when it's gel was getting on his weapons, gradually disintegrating almost all of it, Jack gave it no chance to attack. Jack was now on the ground, His stance low bringing in the strength of the land as he used the ground to launch attacks even stronger. The slime was getting nearly dead within minutes, as Jack finally gave it a breather as he body couldn’t handle the strain of constantly attacking. He was trying to catch his breath, as he slowly moved back to get ready to attack if the slime did anything, as he stared at the slime, to ensure it didn't try to attack him. He didn’t see the slime move but acid was gushing over the ground around it, he could feel the wave of heat coming from it. After Jack got his breath he was trying to be more careful, as stepping into that liquid could end Jack's training session. After the first fight with the slime, Jack tries to sneak attack anytime he gets and be ready for anything unexpected. Jack moved closer to the slime while watching his steps, bringing his deformed branch upwards as he looked deeply at the slime, he swung his branch down breaking the branch on the slime ending its life. But now he sees 2 new speck’s in the darkness.

 

Jack walked back towards the waystone while his adrenaline decreased, soreness was now coming from his hand, as he clutched his hand feeling tightness within his grip. Jack lips lowered turning into a frown, his eyebrows slightly scrunch together. He puts his hand on the waystone, while everything now cost 1 point strength cost 2, He only had one point and he buys durability, His skin seemed to have hardened, bones toughened, as he felt like he was an unstoppable wall that could break into everything. Before Jack decided to restart the level, He collected every branch and he put it into order based on durability and density from strongest to weakest. There were a few that could actually last more than 2 battles.

 

It's time Jack thought as he decided to fight back to back slimes. He restarted the wave as he initiated another attack as he ran towards the slime he won more and more battles before extreme tiredness and soreness began to affect his movements. Even some of the acid almost got on him. His moves were sluggish and he couldn’t continue beating on the slime until it couldn’t move he started to dodge more and more. As opening began to slim in Jack's defense. He needed to end this final battle as fast as possible. He moved in running side to side, as he took his branch trying to hit the slime but it dodge to the right, Jack almost gave it an opening as he decided he could be as careless. He moved around the slime until an opening to the right opened. The jello-like being couldn’t do anything when it was being attacked constantly but spray acid which would take a bit of its own life which Jack found out after finding more and more of them. Jack got a glancing blow on the side of the slime. In the slime's last stand, like the first slime, it wanted to spray Jack with everything it had, But Jack wasn’t going to let that happen. He ran instead of swinging at the slime jack and decided to pierce it. Jack pushed every bit of strength he had left, moving as fast as possible as he struck the slime dead in the middle. Jack couldn’t tell if his attack landed when his vision was not becoming weary. He couldn’t make out anything as his vision felt like it was collapsing. This tiredness didn’t help Jack as he passed out amidst the battle. Falling into the ground devoid of acid.

 

Jack slowly woke up, aches all over his body. He felt like he couldn’t get any air. He tried to get up but his body wouldn’t listen to any of his commands, he looked around because he could lift up his head and he saw nothing meaning he ended up killing the slime. Jack was extremely happy as he didn’t die but his smile turned into a frown because he couldn’t even get up for some reason he still even had the branch in his hand. Time passed as Jack was frightened he still could move yet. Jack heart rate Increased, as his muscles tensed up, Goosebumps started to appear on his body as he began to sweat thinking about the worse. But slowly Jack was able to feel his arms and legs as he trembled while getting up. Jack moved slowly towards the waystone when he looked at his point count and a huge smile was spreading from his lips.

1